Author Topic: Cats  (Read 12370 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Cats
« on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:12:21 »
So, how do you feel about cats? Do they make good pets? I currently own two cats. Do you like cats?

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Cats
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:14:28 »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:15:26 »
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:17:32 »
I like kitties.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:18:00 »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:18:18 »
I like kitties.
kitties, titties, and kitties with titties
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:21:54 »
Luv dem!!!
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:46:13 »
I <3 mah kittehs
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:04:32 »
it's complicated
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline D01

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:05:25 »
They're alright, until they start doing cat stuff.  Like waking you up at night to let them out, they waking you up 30 minutes later to let them back in.  Or throwing up a nasty pile of half digested cat food on the carpet they just ate like 20 minutes ago.  Or scratching the crap out of your furniture, speaker grills, and other stuff.  Or the way they incapacitate small prey so they can play with it until it finally dies.  I pretty much dislike cats, borderline hate.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:08:35 »
My cat likes to eat all his cat food at once then proceed to go around the house throwing it up in random piles.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:14:05 »
My cat likes to eat all his cat food at once then proceed to go around the house throwing it up in random piles.

My cat does that except with vomited up mouse/bird/rabbit innards...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:16:41 »

Oh...yeah....don't get me started on mice....we went on vacation for a week and came home to at least 10 or 12 mice carcasses scattered throughout the house......the person who was checking our house while we were gone was like....'that wasn't part of my job description...'......i'm still aggravated about that

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:19:14 »

Oh...yeah....don't get me started on mice....we went on vacation for a week and came home to at least 10 or 12 mice carcasses scattered throughout the house......the person who was checking our house while we were gone was like....'that wasn't part of my job description...'......i'm still aggravated about that

Birds are even worse. The feathers... everywhere...

Once, my cat brought a still living bird into the house, and it managed to escape. Suddenly my bedroom door burst open and in flew a bird, followed by my two cats.

True story.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline D01

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:42:50 »

Once, my cat brought a still living bird into the house, and it managed to escape. Suddenly my bedroom door burst open and in flew a bird, followed by my two cats.

True story.

Yes, feathers.  We had a big manx cat when I was a kid, at some point after it died I had to crawl under the front porch for a reason I can't remember.  Never seen more blue jay feathers in my life.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:13:32 »

True story.

Bringing a living bird into the house I guess would constitute bad behavior....

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:38:00 »
I don't like cats.
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:43:28 »
cats are gay.
Kit kats are serious business though.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:45:56 »
cats are gay.
Kit kats are serious business though.

My boss threw a kit kat at me yesterday.

Offline osi

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:48:59 »
Dogs > cats

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:49:33 »

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:59:07 »
I love cats, correction I love animals in general

Here are my kittehs in order of when I got them

Gooby

Molly AKA Ceiling Kitty

Milo(orange tabby) and Jackson(black) - these two were rescued out of a dumpster at approximately 3 weeks old

(nothing recent of jackson, he wont let you take his picture)

Offline Lurch

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:06:04 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:21:05 »
I like cats!

Would you like to swap recipes?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:28:45 »

I like cats!

I'll give you a recipe if you go to a woolies and buy me a dozen dairy milk rocky road chocolate bars. BWAHAHA

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:35:10 »

I like cats!

I'll give you a recipe if you go to a woolies and buy me a dozen dairy milk rocky road chocolate bars. BWAHAHA

Tempting ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:36:24 »

I like cats!

Tempting ...

And maybe several packets of every Tim tam variety minus original and caramel. Or everything Arnotts :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:50:14 »

I like cats!

Tempting ...

And maybe several packets of every Tim tam variety minus original and caramel. Or everything Arnotts :D

That's a big order!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:51:31 »

I like cats!

Tempting ...

That's a big order!

I miss Australia :(
Maybe send me a case of VB as well. Fishing just isn't the same without it. Catching no fish is still the same though :P

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 05:36:08 »

I like cats!

Tempting ...

That's a big order!

Maybe send me a case of VB as well. Fishing just isn't the same without it. Catching no fish is still the same though :P

fishing is like doing drugs... You catch 1, and then you want to catch another one, a BIGGER one...

it's kinda stupid in a way because You know it's only a matter of time before you hook-one..

but for whatever reason, it "feels" like surprise each and every time.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 10:11:36 »

I like cats!

Tempting ...

That's a big order!

fishing is like doing drugs... You catch 1, and then you want to catch another one, a BIGGER one...

it's kinda stupid in a way because You know it's only a matter of time before you hook-one..

Getting hooked can be bad for you in both fishing and drugs.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 15:16:03 »

I like cats!

Tempting ...

That's a big order!

I've never really done fishing.  Too much "outside" stuff involved.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 15:26:48 »
I think you can probably tell by my avatar.

I grew up with cats. Did not plan on having any of my own, but ended up living with a girl who loves cats. We currently have two. One chubby white female that sheds like crazy, is extremely lazy (she barely moves all day) but always keeps you company. One huge black and brown cat who just kind of does his own thing. He comes to say "what's up humans" every now and then, and then he is off again. In contrast to the white female, he has a lot of energy. I would rather have him as an outside cat, but it is not safe out for cats where we live and given that he was at a shelter in the inner city, an indoor life was really his only option (well, better than the alternative at least).
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 15:40:10 »
My 110lb lab lifted his leg and threw a piss on my white cat while he was laying down...I'd have to say Dogs > Cats.

Offline Lurch

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 15:44:54 »
My 110lb lab lifted his leg and threw a piss on my white cat while he was laying down...I'd have to say Dogs > Cats.

That lab is a legend :))

Offline osi

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 15:54:09 »

I like cats!

Tempting ...

That's a big order!

I've never really done fishing.  Too much "outside" stuff involved.

Fishing is great. Very relaxing and peaceful

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 14:54:09 »
where are the cats?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 15:33:18 »
Where's Kelly and her cats?
Keyboardless

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 16:39:47 »
This one is Orion

And this one is Fifi. Mom named her that lol. She's kinda big now though. And doesn't really like Orion.

This was 3 days after we found her. She doesn't like staying inside the house for some reason prior to Orion.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 16:49:04 »
The neighbor across the street has 4 cats that they just let roam the neighborhood. We have a skunk that likes to dig up my yard for food. The cats like to take ****s in said holes. My dog likes to eat these turds.

Obviously this can't continue. I need some cat repellent.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 17:38:09 »
I have 8 cats. I had 30 at one time.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline iri

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:03:07 »
get yourself a boyfriend.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 04:15:25 »

Proof or it didn't happen..

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 04:18:06 »

I have one. He likes cats.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 04:36:53 »

Ok just so we're on the same page... Ur boyfriend can't also be a cat....

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 05:03:11 »

Nope. My boyfriend is human. My cat Earl Gray tries to make him jealous though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 05:35:29 »

By human do you happen to mean... such a character is personified by your cat of above average intelligence...

hahahaha... kkid

Offline iri

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 05:37:58 »

i hope there is no reason for your boyfriend to be jealous to this cat.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 08:38:15 »
I like cats, I have lived with them for the past year or so, but they make a mess and do not clean up after themselves.  I would prefer a roommate that at least can contribute towards rent or help clean the house.  They also do not seem willing to learn useful skills like fetching a beer out of the fridge for me.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing