Author Topic: [IC] Rad Hard - Black on Yellow Add-on for Nuclear Data Green - SA Row 3  (Read 5021 times)

Offline engicoder

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I still have a desire for a few contrast caps for this set that are yellow with black text. I know its not in keeping with the original concept of the set, but its what appeals to me, and maybe others. I've mocked up the following quick ideas and was thinking of creating and IC on PMK for a separate buy (pseudo add-on). Thoughts? Suggestions? Revisions?

75734-0

Yellow would be YCE
Profile is SA Row 3 (same as Nuclear Green GB set)

Please make suggestions as to what caps you would like to see. The ones above are just a starting point.

Update: 8/27 - I have created an interest check on PMK. http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/rad-hard/ Please Vote!!
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 September 2014, 11:27:10 by engicoder »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
Re: [IC] Black on Yellow Add-ons for Nuclear Data Green
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 13:52:07 »
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I still have a desire for a few contrast caps for this set that are yellow with black text. I know its not in keeping with the original concept of the set, but its what appeals to me, and maybe others. I've mocked up the following quick ideas and was thinking of creating and IC on PMK for a separate buy (pseudo add-on). Thoughts? Suggestions? Revisions?

(Attachment Link)

This is a fine idea.  I am going to split it off into its own thread in the Interest Checks forum.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  I am interested!
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 August 2014, 13:55:11 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline engicoder

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 13:58:38 »
Thanks. Should have put it here to begin with.

Offline Data

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 15:13:03 »
Cool.  As long as they're SA R3 profile I would probably pick up a set.  Who doesn't like options?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:09:38 »
Why you do this to me?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 19:10:27 »

(Attachment Link)

Yellow would be YCE
Profile is SA Row 3 (same as Nuclear Green GB set)

Please make suggestions as to what caps you would like to see. The ones above are just a starting point.

YES, make it happen soon  8) .

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 19:52:24 »
Not sure yet whether I'm going to be able to get the main green set, but I use WKL/1.5 mods -- not sure how uncommon that is amongst folks who'll want brighter colors on the nuclear keyboard they'll be setting up ... but the old IBM boards had that 1x space between the 1.5 mods ...

I can pretty safely say if I cave in and get the nuclear set, I'll want this failed-containment set on the same keyboard.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 07:20:26 »
You should also have a some choice key words on this set, like LAUNCH, STRIKE, NUKE, ABORT, WMD, WoMD, MAD, ICBM, MIRV, TACTICAL, KILOTON, MEGATON, FALLOUT, ETC....

This is the time to start coming up with words that denote the glory of this brilliant weapon that we all know exists just about everywhere on this planet.  This extra set should denote that because I want to be reminded of a time when absolute destruction was assured back in the early 1980's  :thumb: .

I don't get the reason why everyone is so chicken-sh1t scared to worship this extraordinary piece of technology that truly represents the real "End-of-the-World" pathos.

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 17:06:24 »
I'd be interested in this set!

---

Elrick, you old cold-warrior, you!  ^-^ I wouldn't mind a couple of those legends - the more retro the better. WMD Seems too modern. How about:

CASTLE
BRAVO

Prolly me and Elrick would be the only buyers...

HALF
LIFE

would have crossover appeal with gamers...

I plan to photograph the nuke set on a keyboard next to some of my radiation collection  :-X.
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 18:19:38 »
In keeping with Castle Bravo, IVY MIKE.

How about and NFO cap (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q)

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
Re: [IC] Rad Hard - a Black on Yellow Add-ons for Nuclear Data Green
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 20:11:38 »
Voted!

Nice job, I was thinking about asking for WASD keys!

"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 20:28:51 »
Rad Hard has gone into group buy status on PMK but its price hasn't been updated since it says $0: http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/rad-hard/

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 20:40:41 »
Weird wasn't this up for vote earlier today?

Offline Data

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 20:45:50 »
Rad Hard is an awesome name. I'll buy this just for the Fat Man key.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 21:09:21 »
Elrick, you old cold-warrior, you!  ^-^

When I was young I actually prayed for a full on nuclear war to occur.  Just watching those brilliant mushrooms sprout on the horizon literally excited me like a kid at Christmas time.

Unfortunately THEY all turned into chicken-sh1t cowards and backed away from using those ICBM's.  I always had a death-wish throughout my life and knowing that there was an end date for all life on this planet, simply excited me to no end.

I still don't mind if Moscow launches something onto the West because it would seem a shame to spend billions on weaponry so that it sits inside silos to rot away.

I shall buy at least 8 of these key-sets when they are launched on PMK, and you can count on that  :thumb: .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 21:13:04 »
Rad Hard has gone into group buy status on PMK but its price hasn't been updated since it says $0: http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/rad-hard/

Woohoo I jumped on 8 of these babies.  I hope it stays for FREE  :p .

Offline engicoder

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 21:37:20 »
Rad Hard is an awesome name. I'll buy this just for the Fat Man key.

Guess maybe there should have been a RAD HARD cap as well.. ;D

Offline engicoder

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 21:52:34 »
Weird wasn't this up for vote earlier today?

Looks like its both an IC and a GB right now...at the same time. Not sure what the story is.

Offline Data

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 22:10:54 »
The GB is probably a mistake or a glitch.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 15:42:06 »
They have fixed the problem, so its just an IC now.. Please Vote if you have not already!! Thanks.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 15:43:43 »
let's vote people you know you want to....

Offline Data

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 15:45:47 »
Voting feels like a formality.

Let me buy it already.

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
!
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 16:03:41 »
There. Now I really voted!

I thought ordering a keyset for $0 was an odd voting mechanism. PMK was certainly fubar'd earlier - the other ICs were also set to $0 buy  :))
- Melania T.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 10:33:14 »
Its not looking good for this set. PMK requires an interest check to get to 100 votes before they will make it a group buy. We're at 23 right now and even if everyone who has committed to the nuclear green set voted we would still come up short.

Anyone have any ideas to make this happen?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 17:31:38 »
24 now :)

If you need 100 votes to get the GB listed, why do they allow GBs to tip with as few as 50 (or less?) sets?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Data

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:56:14 »
24 now :)

If you need 100 votes to get the GB listed, why do they allow GBs to tip with as few as 50 (or less?) sets?
I had the same question. I guess they're thinking if 100 people vote maybe 50 of them will actually buy the set later.

Just a guess.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 08:27:51 »
Its not looking good for this set. PMK requires an interest check to get to 100 votes before they will make it a group buy. We're at 23 right now and even if everyone who has committed to the nuclear green set voted we would still come up short.

Anyone have any ideas to make this happen?

Perhaps we could get pricing for doing it ourselves?

Also might edit the thread title and put SA Row 3 in there somewhere.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 September 2014, 08:37:48 by SpAmRaY »

Offline engicoder

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 09:31:14 »
Perhaps we could get pricing for doing it ourselves?

I have been thinking about this as well. I will get in touch with SP and see what can be done.