Author Topic: Recruiting for scrub CS:GO team  (Read 179750 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Recruiting for scrub CS:GO team
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:26:19 »
Absolute steal for people who haven't experienced the Half Life series and Valve multiplayer games. To think I just spent $5 on L4D2 alone the other day...

l4d2 is pretty dead.. sigh...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:29:02 »
Absolute steal for people who haven't experienced the Half Life series and Valve multiplayer games. To think I just spent $5 on L4D2 alone the other day...

Mfw I spent $5 on a dead game, you won't spend $5 for a game that is more alive than ever.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:33:37 »

Mfw I spent $5 on a dead game, you won't spend $5 for a game that is more alive than ever.

Show Image

well, at dinner time it's still got some peeps..

The $5 CS-Go thing is completely a separate issue.. I just can't do it.. knowing that $5 is just round the corner.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:38:13 »

...said Sifo.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:40:43 »
Played 2 MM games...first one I sucked, but we won because the other team sucked with CT on Dust, then the second one, got paired against one of my teammates from the first one who was a troll. He carried the hell out of the other team, then quit at the half and got a 30 day MM ban haha. Ended up winning that one as well
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #405 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:04:08 »
*sigh*... my csgo has been acting up for the past 2 days...

The trend is usually:

1. First map loading since starting game results in game crashing with an error message. I can't read the message or see the error window but start bar shows "Engine Error"

2. Start up game again with problem no.1 not occuring anymore, but at any given random moment, the game will randomly just crash with no error message. However, mouse cursor on my primary display is invisible, my desktop resolution doesn't get fixed so everything is stretched on both my dual monitors (I play 1280x720), and explorer.exe eventually crashes.

Even after restarting explorer.exe through task manager, mouse cursor is still invisible, resolution is still messed up, and things in the background don't work. When I say background, I mean things like pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete will result in a black screen (I can get back to desktop by pressing Esc), booting up the game again will result in a black screen (can't Alt-Tab out or Alt-F4), and I have to hard restart my PC...

Things I've tried to resolve the issue but to no avail:

1. Verifying game files through Steam.
2. Reinstalling GPU drivers.
3. Running the game in native resolution.
4. Deleting CFG folder, and having Steam reinstall it (I haven't tested this one yet. Will post update later).

I guess my next step is to just reinstall the game... Hopefully this will fix it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #406 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:06:17 »
*sigh*... my csgo has been acting up for the past 2 days...

The trend is usually:

1. First map loading since starting game results in game crashing with an error message. I can't read the message or see the error window but start bar shows "Engine Error"

2. Start up game again with problem no.1 not occuring anymore, but at any given random moment, the game will randomly just crash with no error message. However, mouse cursor on my primary display is invisible, my desktop resolution doesn't get fixed so everything is stretched on both my dual monitors (I play 1280x720), and explorer.exe eventually crashes.

Even after restarting explorer.exe through task manager, mouse cursor is still invisible, resolution is still messed up, and things in the background don't work. When I say background, I mean things like pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete will result in a black screen (I can get back to desktop by pressing Esc), booting up the game again will result in a black screen (can't Alt-Tab out or Alt-F4), and I have to hard restart my PC...

Things I've tried to resolve the issue but to no avail:

1. Verifying game files through Steam.
2. Reinstalling GPU drivers.
3. Running the game in native resolution.
4. Deleting CFG folder, and having Steam reinstall it (I haven't tested this one yet. Will post update later).

I guess my next step is to just reinstall the game... Hopefully this will fix it.

Reformat  ? 

I usually do mine around christmas..

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #407 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:10:22 »

I'm the type that hordes files and have like 100's of software installed... reformatting would be quite the amount of work :P

I think once I change my HDD to SSD (yes... my HD is desk 7200 rpm :P ), I'll probably keep it clean, and have this hdd hooked up via external case.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #408 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:30:12 »

I'm the type that hordes files and have like 100's of software installed... reformatting would be quite the amount of work :P

I think once I change my HDD to SSD (yes... my HD is desk 7200 rpm :P ), I'll probably keep it clean, and have this hdd hooked up via external case.

y xternal laptop warrior ?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #409 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 14:50:18 »
vesper are you using launch options?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #410 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 14:58:14 »
y xternal laptop warrior ?

Lelwut

vesper are you using launch options?

Good sir!

I'm currently using: -novid -console -high -thread4 -noborder

I forgot to mention, but I may have fixed the issue! The reinstall didn't work, so I got really annoyed and almost just gave up, but then I realized that maybe it was the EVGA Precision 16x (I use this to raise my fan speed), which was a recent update, right around when the problem started, and I went to the site to read that it was "recommended" from starting at the 600 series (I have a EVGA GTX 570). So I uninstalled that, and installed an older version again, and it didn't crash on me for the 2-3 games I tested afterwards!!! I didn't do any further testing after that because it was late but I'll have to give it another test today to be sure. Hold onto your butts!!!

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #411 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 15:03:06 »
Everyone should experience Ricochet in anticipation of Ricochet 2: Electric Boogaloo

not sure if post is serious, but i would be down to rock some ricochet.... if any servers are up :))
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #412 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 09:33:05 »
wheres everyone been? =/
Hi :)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #413 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 09:54:06 »
wheres everyone been? =/

Gone for the weekend...my aim is gonna be **** on monday :-(
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #414 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 13:36:09 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:17:14 by esoomenona »

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #415 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 13:48:46 »
I was playing Competitive last night when this happened. I couldn't see anything.... Even more so when I started on T and CT was blending in with all the black. Did a little better when I could see T brown against it.

My condolences. I hope you weren't playing matchmaking
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #416 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 13:51:41 »
wheres everyone been? =/

dota 6.82 came out and i'm addicted to risk of rain
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #417 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 13:59:59 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:17:05 by esoomenona »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 14:01:20 »
My condolences. I hope you weren't playing matchmaking

What is matchmaking, exactly?

It's when a man and a woman love each other very much and they do a special hug.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #419 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 14:06:44 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:16:48 by esoomenona »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #420 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 14:08:09 »
nvm
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 September 2014, 14:10:27 by epzy »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #421 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 14:06:03 »
I was playing Competitive last night when this happened. I couldn't see anything.... Even more so when I started on T and CT was blending in with all the black. Did a little better when I could see T brown against it.

Show Image

are you playing on linux?
if so have a look around reddit csgo. this is one of the known issues right now.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #422 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 14:07:45 »
matchmaking is what valve calls a 5v5 competitive ranked match.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 16:43:57 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 10:39:47 by esoomenona »

Offline Altis

« Reply #424 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 17:35:46 »
I've been getting back into CSGO after two months off it... It kills me to see how many people use the AWP in deathmatch. If you're going to practice, use the SSG/Scout!
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #425 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 18:06:41 »
I've got a good feeling about the Thanksgiving/ Christmas sale.. Hopefully $5 will happen this time around?

Mayyybe we'd see columbus day sale, since that's the only national one in october.

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #426 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 18:23:15 »
I've been getting back into CSGO after two months off it... It kills me to see how many people use the AWP in deathmatch. If you're going to practice, use the SSG/Scout!

I don't know how much I agree with this. The scout is way more mobile than an AWP. I'd for sure like for more people to chime in on this topic
diary of a clacktalk

Offline SlotH42

• one slow step for sloth
« Reply #427 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 18:31:13 »
matchmaking is what valve calls a 5v5 competitive ranked match.

Then yes, I was playing matchmaking. And no, Windows 7.

If this happens again;

1. close CS:GO (dont exit from the game, you will get a ban)
2. open CS:GO files and delete a Map_Pak## file
3. verify The integrity of your game cache
4. wait for the deleted files to download
5. re-join your match
6. buy guns for your team for leaving them with a bot :thumb:

This kind of thing happens when one of your map_pak files has gone corrupt. when this happens to me I have to close the game, go into the files and delete a map_pak file. A random one works, because when you go to re-verify the game cash it catches the issue, a lot of times if you just re-verify it wont catch the error. If you can pull that off, and the update after the corrupt files are found, in under 3 minutes you can make it back into theMatchmaking session. Got to be quick. Did your internet go out? or did your cs crash before the visual issue occurred? thats what usually causes it for me.

If none of the above helps you, you may want to check your GPU.
MP-GBL4 (red) Poker II (clears) Realforce R2TL 55g

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #428 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 18:44:01 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 10:39:34 by esoomenona »

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #429 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 19:07:46 »

I don't know how much I agree with this. The scout is way more mobile than an AWP. I'd for sure like for more people to chime in on this topic

but if you practice with the scout, you get used to the increased mobility, which could hurt you in game.  Honeslty, it is DM treat it like practice and don't get bothered by what others are doing, or play in a community dm where there are only 2 awps per side

Offline Altis

« Reply #430 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 19:29:49 »

but if you practice with the scout, you get used to the increased mobility, which could hurt you in game.  Honeslty, it is DM treat it like practice and don't get bothered by what others are doing, or play in a community dm where there are only 2 awps per side

It's a valid point, except that mobility only really matters in comp... you aren't going to be rotating or anything in DM. I suppose if you're used to the scoped mobility, that would make a difference. It's just my two cents worth, but the Scout is actually a very useful weapon if the skills are developed. If you practice with it, you'll become much better with it and those skills will almost entirely transfer to the AWP.

Here's a great video on the various CSGO sniper rifles (this guy's videos are very detailed, I recommend them).. 3kliksphilip and WarOwl are my favorite.

http://youtu.be/iFB2MhR0__0?list=UUmu9PVIZBk-ZCi-Sk2F2utA
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 September 2014, 19:34:49 by Altis »
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #431 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 19:55:55 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 10:38:07 by esoomenona »

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 22:54:20 »
Come out, moose and I are about to play MM

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #433 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 22:58:14 »
Come out, moose and I are about to play MM

watching u guys. impress me bbs
diary of a clacktalk

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #434 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 19:35:04 »
Gonna play a comp if anyone wants to hop on!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #435 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 19:44:12 »
Gonna play a comp if anyone wants to hop on!

oooo~

Offline Lingj

« Reply #436 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 19:46:44 »
I haven't played for in like a month but I'm down for a match

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #437 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 19:47:45 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 18:08:20 by esoomenona »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #438 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 20:25:05 »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #439 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 21:50:10 »
rip CS servers

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 21:58:39 »
resurrection
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:41:57 by VesperSAINT »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder

Offline Altis

« Reply #442 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:40:25 »
Who's up for some CS this weekend?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #443 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:42:01 »

It's been awhile since we played as the GH crew~ Was fun~ We should do it more often~

Last game (I forgot to take a screenshot when we had more players :( ):

I'm ashamed of my troll comment *blush*

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #444 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:42:19 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #445 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:43:28 »
resurrection

bill mvp

That you were. You buying me awp 3 times that match literally lead us to win it. I won't lie... Near the end, I wanted to win pretty bad. #tryhardftw

BILL MVP!

That and, in a tiny degree, Blue music in the background :P

I'd be down, as long as I'm home/in-town.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 October 2014, 23:08:58 by VesperSAINT »

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #446 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 23:23:49 »
resurrection

bill mvp

That you were. You buying me awp 3 times that match literally lead us to win it. I won't lie... Near the end, I wanted to win pretty bad. #tryhardftw

BILL MVP!

That and, in a tiny degree, Blue music in the background :P

I'd be down, as long as I'm home/in-town.

HOW MANY AWPS DID YOU FREELOAD THAT GAME ?????
diary of a clacktalk

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #447 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 23:25:47 »
HOW MANY AWPS DID YOU FREELOAD THAT GAME ?????

Like 3 :)) w00t w00t! Hooray for rich teammates!

... I should really stop rushing and being point man with an AWP... Dying too much...

... YOLO!.. wait...
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 October 2014, 23:30:59 by VesperSAINT »

Offline peachesenregalia

« Reply #448 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 22:51:46 »
Anyone still playing, I'm pretty active lately.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/peachesenregalia
Good feeling of oneness.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 02:05:53 »
Anyone still playing, I'm pretty active lately.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/peachesenregalia

I'm going to try to get some games in tomorrow.  Who is down?