Author Topic: SmallFry 5K and T-Shirt  (Read 929 times)

Offline LargeFry

• SmallFry's Father
SmallFry 5K and T-Shirt
« on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 14:31:43 »
Hello GeekHack -

I wanted to bring the 2nd Annual Nate Walter (SmallFry) 5k to your attention.

This year the High School contacted us and told us they would like to make the 5K an annual event as a part of the homecoming festivities.  The 5K will be held on Wednesday, October 8th at the high school in Wilmot.  The school also asked if we would consider using the proceeds to set up a scholarship fund in Nathan's name to be awarded to a Wilmot student pursuing a career in technology.  We agreed and are working with the school to set up selection criteria and are excited to find another way to give back to our community and keep Nathan's legacy alive.  I recognize that most of you will be unable to attend, but if you can, we would love to see you at the 5K.  If you are interested in getting a shirt and supporting the scholarship fund, I have provided a link to the registration page below.  Please indicate on your registration form that you want the shirt mailed to you and provide a shipping address.  I sent shirts to many of you last year and am happy to provide that service again if you would like.  It is helpful if you register early, as Homecoming week is a hectic time at the school.

http://wilmothighschool.com/2014/06/2nd-annual-nate-walter-5k/

As always, thank you so much for all that this community has done for my son, both before the accident and after.  It is the support and stories we read on this site along with the support we receive from the other communities that Nate was involved with that have given us the strength we have needed this past year.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, words cannot express our gratitude.

Best Regards,

LargeFry

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: SmallFry 5K and T-Shirt
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 14:41:18 »
I knew I forgot to do something. Quick question though, is it possible to simply donate to this scholarship fund?

Offline LargeFry

• SmallFry's Father
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 15:19:29 »
I knew I forgot to do something. Quick question though, is it possible to simply donate to this scholarship fund?

Sure it is.  Just mail the donation to the address on the registration form.  Indicate it is a donation only and you are all set.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 09:58:55 »
Awesome!
c h e r