Author Topic: Unitek Mitak K 151L – heavy metal AT-layout keyboard (vintage MX blacks?)  (Read 2437 times)

Offline jacobolus

This is about as tanky as it gets for old Cherry MX keyboards, if someone likes an AT layout:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191305353561

Pics of another one http://imgur.com/a/pYIUb

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I had one of those once. Definitely much better build quality than any other Dah Yang I've come across. Another interesting thing is the PCB had trace supports for full led backlight which is pretty uncommon considering they were made in around 1984-1986.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
I had one of those once. Definitely much better build quality than any other Dah Yang I've come across. Another interesting thing is the PCB had trace supports for full led backlight which is pretty uncommon considering they were made in around 1984-1986.

are you kidding me Ivan?

Model F AT layout, but LED backlights?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
Couldn't you achieve a basic LED-lit board just by using LEDs in the spaces you'd normally use for NKRO diodes?  Or conversely, routing the NKRO diode location to be in the LED slots?  The brightness might be poor, if it just strobes all the LEDs, but it's still zero extra parts?

Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Couldn't you achieve a basic LED-lit board just by using LEDs in the spaces you'd normally use for NKRO diodes?  Or conversely, routing the NKRO diode location to be in the LED slots?  The brightness might be poor, if it just strobes all the LEDs, but it's still zero extra parts?

I am EXTREMELY INTERESTED in this because I have a plate mounted Access-IS keyboard with diodes where LEDs normally are.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I don't seem to have a photo of the back of the PCB... but you can see on the spots where I didn't have a switch where LED can go and there was traces for them. If you put them in, I am pretty sure they are just on all the time and may loose the NKRO.

I put linear clears on it, doesn't come that way.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Well, just got it, offered $35, I'll play around with the backlighting
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Parak

Re: Unitek Mitak K 151L – heavy metal AT-layout keyboard (vintage MX blacks?)
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 01:24:52 »
LEDs and diodes while being single sided? Uhhh... Do want pic of pcb :D

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 14:37:51 »
LEDs and diodes while being single sided? Uhhh... Do want pic of pcb :D
Should be coming in Wednesday, I'll be sure to take a bunch :thumb:

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 10:39:01 »
76437-0

76439-1

76441-2