Author Topic: [IC] Cospar SA (GB DEC 1st! - NEW GB FORMAT!)  (Read 71264 times)

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
Re: [IC] Cospar Keyset (Apollo 13 Mission Inspired)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 12:17:02 »
this is really great

SA profile would be amazing.
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 12:42:52 »
I really hope they can do some matching to get it close as possible to the apollo blue

Not very sure about it, I gotta email Melissa.

EDIT: According to the description in their website it is possible, but there's a fee.

I've never seen the numbers but Galaxy Class wasn't outrageously priced and they had the nifty screen printed legends.

We are taking about Pantone custom tones, not printing method.

Galaxy class had both.
It wasn't too pricey.
I bought one of each set. [It's almost done production, just waiting on some printing papers.]
techkeys.us bought some for resale too.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 13:02:59 »
this is really great

SA profile would be amazing.

SA 1-1-2-3-4-3 or maybe 2-1-2-3-4-3 is a very interesting setup for Cospar.

I really hope they can do some matching to get it close as possible to the apollo blue

Not very sure about it, I gotta email Melissa.

EDIT: According to the description in their website it is possible, but there's a fee.

I've never seen the numbers but Galaxy Class wasn't outrageously priced and they had the nifty screen printed legends.

We are taking about Pantone custom tones, not printing method.

Galaxy class had both.
It wasn't too pricey.
I bought one of each set. [It's almost done production, just waiting on some printing papers.]
techkeys.us bought some for resale too.

Thanks for the info tdc, I will check with PMK what they can do on Cospar.

Do you have the ABS chips ring and a good camera? Or do you know anybody who can provide me nice pics? Believe me or not, Melissa can't. Lord knows why SP don't give a decent camera to her.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 14:12:28 »
I really don't like the turquoise look.
Consider getting a custom color mixed.
A blue-gray would be awesome.

I think this set would be great in SA profile. Maybe SP can mix that custom color for you - find a blue with more of a gray component? Great looking potential set.

Do you have the ABS chips ring and a good camera? Or do you know anybody who can provide me nice pics? Believe me or not, Melissa can't. Lord knows why SP don't give a decent camera to her.

Check my signature links -- me and few others took some high-res scans of a color ring a while back. How accurate are they? Tough to say.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 19:24:22 »
I really don't like the turquoise look.
Consider getting a custom color mixed.
A blue-gray would be awesome.

I think this set would be great in SA profile. Maybe SP can mix that custom color for you - find a blue with more of a gray component? Great looking potential set.

Check my signature links -- me and few others took some high-res scans of a color ring a while back. How accurate are they? Tough to say.

I'll totally chekc that with SP. I believe we can achieve a gray tone somehow.

And thank you very much for the pictures, you're awesome bro.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 23:31:09 »
In regards to kroegnar's accuracy my monitor is 99.8% accurate and when comparing chips to colors I have on hand can tell very little difference; you could say when looking at the zoomed grain of the color that it is "accurate."

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 19:03:00 »
In regards to kroegnar's accuracy my monitor is 99.8% accurate and when comparing chips to colors I have on hand can tell very little difference; you could say when looking at the zoomed grain of the color that it is "accurate."

I won't get a ring anytime soon, so I gotta rely on calibrating my monitor too...

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] Cospar Keyset (SUPREME UPDATE! - WHO WANTS A SPACE KEYSET?)
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 09:54:10 »
UPDATED OP!

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 12:57:31 »
I'm in love. Any possibility of offering some additional keys to compliment/replace the saturn and other 1.25 modifier keys? Perhaps some of these Dock / Engage / Cycle / Override / Invert / Purge ? Also opinion on a red "Alarm" or "Master Alarm" key added to the cospar kit?
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 September 2014, 13:00:19 by Mercury7 »

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 15:26:15 »
I actually really like the more desaturated colors that you've got now.

However, would it be possible to optionally get some boring modifiers with the standard labels? I'll probably pick up both, but I'd like to swap them out depending on if I end up using this for business or for pleasure. Don't mix the two!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 19:38:04 »
UPDATED OP!

Absolutely Fvcking beautiful  :thumb: .

Just as I thought you can't make anymore decent colour ways using SA Profile along comes this.  Do NOT CHANGE the current shade of colours, it's superb.  It's almost like being there in the capsule.

Just eagerly awaiting for your PMK launch date for this baby.  No need to say I shall be there with my worn out wallet, keen for an orgy of Cospar Delights  8) .

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 20:28:58 »
I'm in love. Any possibility of offering some additional keys to compliment/replace the saturn and other 1.25 modifier keys? Perhaps some of these Dock / Engage / Cycle / Override / Invert / Purge ? Also opinion on a red "Alarm" or "Master Alarm" key added to the cospar kit?

I'm in love too. Deep love.

These colors are unbelievably cute and inoffensive IRL - the harmony between then and it's simplicity is just outstanding.

Are you suggesting extra modifiers?  I couldn't really comprehend your suggestion regarding the Saturn replacement.

Also, I think I'm going to replace the red "EJECT" keycap on the Cospars for a red "ABORT" one because it looks more realistic.

I actually really like the more desaturated colors that you've got now.

However, would it be possible to optionally get some boring modifiers with the standard labels? I'll probably pick up both, but I'd like to swap them out depending on if I end up using this for business or for pleasure. Don't mix the two!

Maybe I can add the boring modifiers, but a price check with Melissa would be needed.

I don't know how expensive the Cospar Keyset is going to be, since it features a lot of custom doubleshot legends, but I want it to match the PuLSE prices (affordable).

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 20:40:57 »
UPDATED OP!

Absolutely Fvcking beautiful  :thumb: .

Just as I thought you can't make anymore decent colour ways using SA Profile along comes this.  Do NOT CHANGE the current shade of colours, it's superb.  It's almost like being there in the capsule.

Just eagerly awaiting for your PMK launch date for this baby.  No need to say I shall be there with my worn out wallet, keen for an orgy of Cospar Delights  8) .

By the end of our lives we will probably meet up and talk about all of the keysets I designed and you supported and we will have very funny stories about them.

- Hey Elrick, do you remeber that day when I said that PuLSE was going to be DCS? What was I thinking, seriously.

- Yeah MiTo, I remember that day clearly. What a crappy day.

- Yeah, thanks God we decided to go 1-1-2-3-4-3 with it.

- It's ****ing 3-1-2-3-4-3, MiTo. You silly bastard. And don't forget that that crap featured Row 3 Shift keys.

And then we die.

EDIT: Of laughter.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 September 2014, 20:43:05 by MiTo »

Offline justspeechless

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 00:11:23 »
If you're doing SA, any chance of all keys profiled R3?

[CM QFR]

Offline kalrand

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 00:40:33 »

I would very much like this.
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 00:51:50 »
SA profile and NASA inspired? I want in!

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 08:03:09 »

Are you suggesting extra modifiers?  I couldn't really comprehend your suggestion regarding the Saturn replacement.

I was just hoping in addition to the two Saturn modifiers there would be two text modifiers you could mix and match in their place and gave some possible options that might work

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 14:31:35 »

I would very much like this.

Why do you guys want All Row 3?

Offline kalrand

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 14:50:15 »

For me, it's mostly so that I can mix and match this with my Nuclear Green set, but also because I do a bit with programmable keypads, and that means I can shuffle things around without regard to profile.

I think for many people, its so they can do a devorak(sp?)/colemac/whatever or ergodox layout. Thought something tells me an ergodox with SA wouldn't be simple...

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 15:01:46 »

For me, it's mostly so that I can mix and match this with my Nuclear Green set, but also because I do a bit with programmable keypads, and that means I can shuffle things around without regard to profile.

I think for many people, its so they can do a devorak(sp?)/colemac/whatever or ergodox layout. Thought something tells me an ergodox with SA wouldn't be simple...

I can understand what you're talking about. I'm already offering an Ergodox add-on and I can totally include Colemak and Dvroak add-ons.

But I don't see why would you want to mix a deep green, and very ugly imho, keyset with something calm and cute like Cospar.

Cospar is not meant to be mixed with other keysets or novelties. It's very beautiful harmonized on it's own.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 15:03:01 »
SA profile and NASA inspired? I want in!

Stay tuned!

Offline justspeechless

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 20:05:48 »

I can understand what you're talking about. I'm already offering an Ergodox add-on and I can totally include Colemak and Dvroak add-ons.

But I don't see why would you want to mix a deep green, and very ugly imho, keyset with something calm and cute like Cospar.

Cospar is not meant to be mixed with other keysets or novelties. It's very beautiful harmonized on it's own.

I think we are allowed to be entitled to our opinions and we can do what we want with our keycaps.  With that said, you come across as being arrogant when I see you post on /mk and here.  Lot of your posts are just spam linking to your SA IT threads when they're irrelevant. 

It was just a suggestion/question for SA row3 set, and it seems like you want the crowd to agree with what you want.  To me, it's confirmed that even though you want "suggestions", you pick and choose what you want.  0% chance of different profiling.  Maybe that's just me though.

/rant

Sorry, I don't post much and may not know the rules but I love being around this community and all things keyboard.  This guy gets under my skin.

[CM QFR]

Offline Data

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 20:42:19 »

I think we are allowed to be entitled to our opinions and we can do what we want with our keycaps.  With that said, you come across as being arrogant when I see you post on /mk and here.  Lot of your posts are just spam linking to your SA IT threads when they're irrelevant. 

It was just a suggestion/question for SA row3 set, and it seems like you want the crowd to agree with what you want.  To me, it's confirmed that even though you want "suggestions", you pick and choose what you want.  0% chance of different profiling.  Maybe that's just me though.

/rant

Sorry, I don't post much and may not know the rules but I love being around this community and all things keyboard.  This guy gets under my skin.

Do you even realize what you're asking?

You want him to change the profile of the entire key set to Row 3 so you can use a few select caps with your Nuclear Data set.

And he's the arrogant one? His response to you was neutral, at worst. You're the one getting your jimmies rustled and making personal insults. You can take that bull**** back to Reddit with you. We don't do that here.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
now that i've seen mockups this seems much less awful than i thought initially

maybe ill get a set
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:11:21 »

/rant

Do you even realize what you're asking?

You want him to change the profile of the entire key set to Row 3 so you can use a few select caps with your Nuclear Data set.

And he's the arrogant one? His response to you was neutral, at worst. You're the one getting your jimmies rustled and making personal insults. You can take that bull**** back to Reddit with you. We don't do that here.

Don't worry Data, just let him rant.

That's the kind of behavior I face almost daily on Reddit. A lot of haters claiming that I spam and talk trash even though there are 4 PuLSE threads there or something like that. They also claim I'm a spammer when I recommend PuLSE for people that is looking for SA keysets that are not manufactured anymore. There are a lot of nice guys there, but a lot of butthurt kiddos.

It seems that Reddit is all about:

Look At My Poker II With My Tablet On School! I'm Annoying Everyone With Blues And Every Decent Girl Thinks I'm A Stupid Nerd!

But there's a lot of good people and content there.

Js you can have your opinion, sure. If you like Nuclear, that's awesome. I'm glad you got a keyset that you believe looks good. I don't want people to mix Cospar with other stuff but if they want to do, well, go for it. But I guess you missed the point.

I am not designing Cospar having other keysets in mind. I never designed a keyset having other ones in mind.

"I think I'm going Row 3 with PulSE so people can combo it with Penumbra." - Genius

Cospar profile is not even chosen yet, but I don't want to go Row 3 because of ergonomics.

Please, take the hate back to Reddit.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:14:32 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
now that i've seen mockups this seems much less awful than i thought initially

maybe ill get a set

I agree with you. Cospar was compared to Tonka Toys and the comparison was 100% accurate.

It's fixed now.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:35:35 »
Cospar profile is not even chosen yet, but I don't want to go Row 3 because of ergonomics.

Please, take the hate back to Reddit.

Keep thinking ONLY about Cospar because some here (only a tiny amount) want it to match with other key-sets which is all wrong.  Apollo 13 was unique in it's inception and flight hence we need to acknowledge that with this key-set.

I know the younger ones have NO IDEA of what Cospar meant but we do.  MiTo stick with your original ideas because that sells this set beautifully.  Don't succumb down to a minority here hence ignore them because even if they managed to destroy your ideas, doesn't mean they will still buy it.

Remain loyal to those that actually will buy your ideas and designs relating to key-set colour-ways.  I love your work hence don't give up on your original design for the sake of pleasing ONLY one or two strangers.

Besides you always need to ignore Reddit, here on Geekhack we've got more important aspects to concentrate on such as getting this baby finally launched on PMK site as soon as possible  :thumb: .

Offline justspeechless

I'm not the one that has the nuclear set.
I'm not asking him to change the profiles for me, what I'm saying is that he would never change a detail for anyone, only add key sets at most for his sake.

Good luck in group buy, you will be successful no doubt.  Pulse is doing tremendous.
Please don't categorize me as a redditor, only to alienate me from this community.
I love both of you guys :)

[CM QFR]

Offline kalrand

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 00:40:51 »

I am very sorry that I answered your question.

I won't make that mistake again.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
I'm not the one that has the nuclear set.
I'm not asking him to change the profiles for me, what I'm saying is that he would never change a detail for anyone, only add key sets at most for his sake.

Good luck in group buy, you will be successful no doubt.  Pulse is doing tremendous.
Please don't categorize me as a redditor, only to alienate me from this community.
I love both of you guys :)

I am very sorry that I answered your question.

I won't make that mistake again.

Let's just discuss Cospar because that's what matters most.

I aprecciate the interest and support of both of you guys, and I'm sorry if I replied you both like it was the same person - I don't really know what happened.

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
oh man this is beautiful
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline kalrand

I aprecciate the interest and support of both of you guys, and I'm sorry if I replied you both like it was the same person - I don't really know what happened.

Sounds good to me.

And, for what it's worth, it's a nice looking set. I'm still planning on grabbing one is 1) I can find the right keyboard to frame it with, and 2) if the money is there.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
oh man this is beautiful

Glad you like adm, it's very cute and sweet.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Sounds good to me.

And, for what it's worth, it's a nice looking set. I'm still planning on grabbing one is 1) I can find the right keyboard to frame it with, and 2) if the money is there.

I really wanted a glossy finish on Cospar.

But PMK can't do that, I believe.

Melissa is probably too busy cause she didn't answer my email asking for a price breakdown.

Offline john2x

Just chiming in to say I love this and I'm interested. Penumbra can go suck it. I'm a strong, independent man who don't need no Penumbra.
-

Offline deci

Just chiming in to say I love this and I'm interested. Penumbra can go suck it. I'm a strong, independent man who don't need no Penumbra.

lol I like your style sir.

Personally, I'm still waiting for Mito to unpause Olimitto!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

This is just an interest check and will probably be at your front door before Penumbra shipping is done.

Offline calvinhousecat

This looks awesome. Make this happen ASAP please! Take my $$!

Offline john2x

Is it possible to have red/yellow colored caps lock? (I use it for control/escape)
-

Offline deci

Wanted to be an astronaut as a kid and loved everything Apollo.
 Can't wait for this set. The feels!  :D

Offline Arvid

Hello, I really like this concept is it possible to get a mockup of the ergodox layout?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
This looks awesome. Make this happen ASAP please! Take my $$!

Wanted to be an astronaut as a kid and loved everything Apollo.
 Can't wait for this set. The feels!  :D

We will do this guys, stand by!

Offline Arcoril

Does it cost much more to offer the alphas and the mods separately? I went in for two sets of Pulse, but one of them is going to be for an ErgoDox and I won't be needing the modifiers from that set. I don't mind having an extra set of backup mods, but any money saved is money I can put towards future sets like this one. :)

Offline chrisq

Does it cost much more to offer the alphas and the mods separately? I went in for two sets of Pulse, but one of them is going to be for an ErgoDox and I won't be needing the modifiers from that set. I don't mind having an extra set of backup mods, but any money saved is money I can put towards future sets like this one. :)

There might be a problem with different profiles if you care about such things.

Offline Alex528

• HELLO YES I LIKE CLICKY KEYBOARD YES VERY NICE
My mind is so happy but my wallet is so sad... I think I can scrounge up the funds for my first group buy. These are beautiful. I'm excited!

Poker 2, SP PBT DSA, MX Blues.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

It actually does cost much more and Cospar will not be the cheapest SA keyset in the world.

Every single mod has a new legend and because of that we've got a pretty high price for the mods.

If I sell them alone, the Mission will fail.

And we don't have enough engineers to solve this issue in order to bring our clacks back to Earth.

Offline Arcoril

There might be a problem with different profiles if you care about such things.

Oh, I absolutely want matching profiles. :) Ideally what I would have liked to do was buy just the alphas and the corresponding ErgoDox modifiers that are offered along with the group buy in place of the standard modifiers. The 1.5u ErgoDox modifiers on this set and on Pulse are matched for the left and right columns, so the profiles wouldn't have been an issue.

Offline Arcoril

It actually does cost much more and Cospar will not be the cheapest SA keyset in the world.

Every single mod has a new legend and because of that we've got a pretty high price for the mods.

And we don't have enough engineers to solve this issue in order to bring our clacks back to Earth.

Gotcha, thanks. Disappointing for me to hear, but I understand. Still gonna grab one set though. :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Gotcha, thanks. Disappointing for me to hear, but I understand. Still gonna grab one set though. :)

Thanks for being so supportive and friendly Arcoril.

I'm doing my best to guarantee decent prices for everyone!

Offline Alex528

• HELLO YES I LIKE CLICKY KEYBOARD YES VERY NICE
I wouldn't mind being able to purchase a 60 percent set to save money if that's an option but if not, that's fine too

Poker 2, SP PBT DSA, MX Blues.