Author Topic: [IC] Cospar SA (GB DEC 1st! - NEW GB FORMAT!)  (Read 70808 times)

Offline captvizcenzo

Re: [IC] Cospar Keyset (INTEREST CHECK ON PMK NEXT MONDAY! - PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 02:28:04 »
Would this be a one time sale only like the Pulse?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: [IC] Cospar Keyset (INTEREST CHECK ON PMK NEXT MONDAY! - PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!)
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 03:40:25 »

I suspect it will because MiTo isn't in the vein of repeating himself over and over again, life's too short as it is.  Always come out with more, new designs instead of doing the same old stuff over and over again  8) .

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 07:05:49 »

I suspect it will because MiTo isn't in the vein of repeating himself over and over again, life's too short as it is.  Always come out with more, new designs instead of doing the same old stuff over and over again  8) .
Then I might jump in when this is on. The PuLSE color scheme is just not my cup of tea, but Cospar is!  ;D

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 10:18:51 »

Thanks for the answer Elrick, you're correct.

PuLSE and Cospar will be one time only and I don't plan to Round 2 on any of my projects.

I mean, we've got creativity, right?

Let's be inovative and exclusive.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 September 2014, 10:21:02 by MiTo »

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 16:53:35 »
Glad to hear MiTo, it bugs me how many people don't support a group buy then complain when it turns out great and they missed it. Do you have any guess as to a timeline for this group buy?

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 19:03:45 »
Well said MiTo.

Anyway, is it possible to have EJECT or ABORT 1x key to have R1 profile?
Or maybe there will be a 60% stripe as an individual set?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Glad to hear MiTo, it bugs me how many people don't support a group buy then complain when it turns out great and they missed it. Do you have any guess as to a timeline for this group buy?

Yes, I don't understand why some runners do multiple Rounds with their stuff.

It's financially good? Fine, that only proves that you can't come up with great ideas multiple times.

Offline chrisq

It's financially good? Fine, that only proves that you can't come up with great ideas multiple times.

It's easy to understand:
It gives a second chance to people that didn't have the chance/money/etc to get it on the first run.
I'm grateful to Matt3o for running Granite again, I wasn't looking for keycaps at the time of the first round.

It doesn't help that you make a new cool (to you) set, if what the users want is what has been done before. I'm happy not all agree with you, or I wouldn't have GMK Dolch incoming either.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

It's easy to understand:
It gives a second chance to people that didn't have the chance/money/etc to get it on the first run.
I'm grateful to Matt3o for running Granite again, I wasn't looking for keycaps at the time of the first round.

It doesn't help that you make a new cool (to you) set, if what the users want is what has been done before. I'm happy not all agree with you, or I wouldn't have GMK Dolch incoming either.

Matt3o can run Granite one thousand times and it will succeed. Because it's basically the bread and butter of DSA. It's inoffensive and as soon as a first timer buy a keyboard, Granite will be recommended for sure.

If you missed a group buy because of timing, well that happens, unfortunately. That's why you gotta keep an eye on the community if you're a real enthusiast.

But money is not an excuse. Group buys usually happen in a 2-3 month period. It's not an excuse unless you're really broke. And if you're really broke, you shouldnt be looking for a new keyset (I'm not talking about you, this is just an example).

What I'm trying to say is this:

"Crap, I lost Miami. Really like it, wish somebody run a Round2 soon.

*Opens IC sub*

Oh wait, what's this Hoccard set? Gosh it looks amazing!

Miami who?

I'm not missing this one, for sure!"

If you are the kind of customer that tunnel vision a single design and nothing else looks good because of whatever reason, then I recommend you to stay tuned because I won't repeat anything.

Just stand by, and when something you like pops out, grab it.

That's my philosophy and my personal opinion as a keyset designer.

It's a philosophy that you can follow only if you don't plan to stop.

Offline chrisq

Matt3o can run Granite one thousand times and it will succeed. Because it's basically the bread and butter of DSA. It's inoffensive and as soon as a first timer buy a keyboard, Granite will be recommended for sure.

If you missed a group buy because of timing, well that happens, unfortunately. That's why you gotta keep an eye on the community if you're a real enthusiast.

But money is not an excuse. Group buys usually happen in a 2-3 month period. It's not an excuse unless you're really broke. And if you're really broke, you shouldnt be looking for a new keyset (I'm not talking about you, this is just an example).

What I'm trying to say is this:

"Crap, I lost Miami. Really like it, wish somebody run a Round2 soon.

*Opens IC sub*

Oh wait, what's this Hoccard set? Gosh it looks amazing!

Miami who?

I'm not missing this one, for sure!"

If you are the kind of customer that tunnel vision a single design and nothing else looks good because of whatever reason, then I recommend you to stay tuned because I won't repeat anything.

Just stand by, and when something you like pops out, grab it.

That's my philosophy and my personal opinion as a keyset designer.

It's a philosophy that you can follow only if you don't plan to stop.

You said you couldn't understand why, I gave you a good reason why: To help out keycap fans  :thumb:

I would actually say that the more special sets would benefit the most from this.

If there's a new mech enthusiast that is also huge StarTrek fan, there's no new set that can replace Galaxy.
The same can be said for most of the themed sets like Miami, Penumbra (a set I'd like to see return) etc.

Now, I understand your position, you're taking what you consider some kind of keycap artistic high road.  :-\

I'm just happy everybody's not like you and that Matt3o gave Granite a new round and Keypop did the coffee set again, both of which I ordered.
It would also be nice to see other sets return that didn't have all child deals succeed, perhaps they will on the second round.

Offline Data

There are good arguments for both approaches.  I think MiTo just wants to keep the creative energy going, rather than to keep revisiting old designs so stragglers can join in.  I don't think he has eliminated the possibility of follow-up group buys, just that he won't be personally organizing them.

Offline chrisq

There are good arguments for both approaches.  I think MiTo just wants to keep the creative energy going, rather than to keep revisiting old designs so stragglers can join in.  I don't think he has eliminated the possibility of follow-up group buys, just that he won't be personally organizing them.

You are correct as always Data, let's just leave this issue and get on with more interesting things.

... like refreshing the Galaxy group buy page for updates  :D

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

You are correct as always Data, let's just leave this issue and get on with more interesting things.

... like refreshing the Galaxy group buy page for updates  :D

You guys made very clever observations and I sincerely agree with both of you.

Benefiting keycaps fans is very important as they are the supportive crowd that fund projects and designs, but keeping the creative momentum going on is also very important. That's why we've got amazing group buys running recently, very nice ideas with different approaches.

It's a win win situation.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Well said MiTo.

Pardon for the little side tracking guys, getting back to your questions now.

capt, a 60% stripe like we did with PuLSE is definitely the way to go here. Thanks for the reminder, I was missing this detail. Will add before releasing prices next Monday.

Mercury, our official Interest Check should start next Monday on PMK and I'm thinking about a month long 30 days Interest Check. We should expect a GB launch by mid November, but this is yet to be confirmed as the IC didn't even start yet.

Offline captvizcenzo

Well said MiTo.

Pardon for the little side tracking guys, getting back to your questions now.

capt, a 60% stripe like we did with PuLSE is definitely the way to go here. Thanks for the reminder, I was missing this detail. Will add before releasing prices next Monday.

Mercury, our official Interest Check should start next Monday on PMK and I'm thinking about a month long 30 days Interest Check. We should expect a GB launch by mid November, but this is yet to be confirmed as the IC didn't even start yet.

Nice. If possible please include both ABORT and EJECT in different colors. I'm guessing paying extra $2-$4 wont matter much.   ;D

Offline Matter

Really interesting keycaps.

Might be interested in them!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist

No worries, better to let this baby float on the PMK website so that all may see and adore it's beauty  8) .   I keep forgetting that we have single handedly bombarded SP with so many key-set orders, I bet they hate this forum by now  ;D .

Offline deci

Lol, more likely they love this forum for giving them so much $$$  :p

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] Cospar SA Keyset (IC ON PMK TOMORROW! - LEAVE SUGGESTIONS!)
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 20:58:51 »
Our Interest Check was scheduled for today, but I kinda messed up so it will start tomorrow.

Stay tuned and let's bomb their voting system again.

Offline bickle

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 01:30:34 »
COOL!
I have always interested in your design.
Can you add blue enter(launch)?
Because I want to match the color of modifiers.  :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 10:39:22 »
COOL!
I have always interested in your design.
Can you add blue enter(launch)?
Because I want to match the color of modifiers.  :)

Sure, will add to the Cospars.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] Cospar SA Keyset (VOTING LIVE! - LEAVE SUGGESTIONS!)
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 17:10:22 »
UPDATED OP, WE'RE LIVE ON PMK! LET'S DO THIS!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 10:45:54 »
Estimated GB Launch: 1st week of December.

I'm afraid there's not enough interest.

Offline 01111000

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 12:50:34 »

Wait for a few months and try again.  Also, this does conflict with 7bit's buy, which offers a similar color scheme in the same profile.
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 13:20:37 »

Wait for a few months and try again.  Also, this does conflict with 7bit's buy, which offers a similar color scheme in the same profile.

Not exactly the approach of both keysets are completely different. Cospar has a vintage look, with its faded tones and funny mods. It has a unique antique look.

I will work on the navigation modifiers since apparently they aren't gathering too much attention. But I'll keep them text only.

Also, 7bit's R5 is almost twice as expensive as Cospar.

I updated OP because PuLSE will conclude it's shipping by the end of November, that's why Melissa recommended Cospar GB to launch on the first week of December, when everybody will already had received PuLSE.

People lost interest in Cospar and because of that, I will just let the Interest Check keep running on PMK because this thread is dead. Of course that was going to happen, we just had a bomb SA keyset woth PuLSE. I wasn't expecting it to be so successful.

Wallets are hurt.

EDIT: We need at least some opinions and thoughts. Do you guys believe that W1 December is too early for your wallets? Do you guys believe we should postpone Cospar? It's all about you and your thoughts.

But I don't think we should let this thread die.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 14:27:43 by MiTo »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 18:40:44 »
EDIT: We need at least some opinions and thoughts. Do you guys believe that W1 December is too early for your wallets? Do you guys believe we should postpone Cospar? It's all about you and your thoughts.

FVCK NO.  Are you kidding here, I shall buy 4 sets off you hence you will always get interest from me regardless of any given situations that may arise.  Cospar has to be run because it's damn beautiful and full on vintage.  With 7bits GB who the hell knows when anyone will see theirs delivered before the end of 2014(15).

Hence Cospar will be out in everyone's mail box before 7bits version(s).

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 20:44:14 »

FVCK NO.  Are you kidding here, I shall buy 4 sets off you hence you will always get interest from me regardless of any given situations that may arise.  Cospar has to be run because it's damn beautiful and full on vintage.  With 7bits GB who the hell knows when anyone will see theirs delivered before the end of 2014(15).

Hence Cospar will be out in everyone's mail box before 7bits version(s).

I agree with you 100%. 7bit stuff always take several months to deploy and are always very expensive (also, the order system is very confuse).

Cospar is imho, thousands of times sweeter than R5 in multiple different aspects.

Problem is that there are not many people backing up Cospar, I think that because many people jumped on the PuLSE Hype Train, wallets are hurt.

As a matter of fact, I've got two theories about why this thread is dead:

• I spent too much time thinking about Cospar. I added Colemak, Dvorak, Ergodox, everything people could possibly need (Nordic layout too expensive, hence not considered) and because of that there are no suggestions to be made. I don't want to brag but apparently the keyset is already perfect to be launched and there's no room for improvement.
  • People lost interest because they already ordered PuLSE and aren't looking for SA keycaps at the moment.

We can't expect to run two hot GBs at once. PuLSE apparently cannibalized Cospar.

I knew this would happen, but still, currently, Cospar is going to launch on December's first week until we demand otherwise.

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 20:45:52 by MiTo »

Offline peachesenregalia

Re: [IC] Cospar SA Keyset (GB LIVE ON W1 DECEMBER! - VOTE NOW!)
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 20:58:26 »
I actually held off on the PuLSE group buy so I'd have money around for the Cospar set. I'm in for at least one base kit and one numpad.
Good feeling of oneness.

Offline Alex528

• HELLO YES I LIKE CLICKY KEYBOARD YES VERY NICE
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 20:58:51 »
I'm in for a base set and novelties

Poker 2, SP PBT DSA, MX Blues.

Offline peachesenregalia

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 21:01:10 »
Waiting until December might adversely affect sales, with the holidays right around the corner.
Good feeling of oneness.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 21:03:32 »
I actually held off on the PuLSE group buy so I'd have money around for the Cospar set. I'm in for at least one base kit and one numpad.

Interesting, I wonder if there are more people in the same situation.

I'm in for a base set and novelties

Apparently, there is.

Thanks Alex, let's see what we're going to do with Cospar.

Waiting until December might adversely affect sales, with the holidays right around the corner.

Agreed, problem is that we are already by the end of the year and I believe that Decemeber W1 is the earlier PMK can do.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 21:10:05 »
I would buy if it wasn't SA.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline john2x

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 21:14:33 »
The later the group buy, the better for me :) More time to save up and hopefully my Granites arrive before this group buy starts :P
-

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 21:16:51 »
The later the group buy, the better for me :) More time to save up and hopefully my Granites arrive before this group buy starts :P

I'm considering this, Granite and PuLSE sucked way too much money from wallets.

And I'm only talking about keycaps, many others GB were run recently.

Don't worry, I think we'll be fine.

I would buy if it wasn't SA.

What's the matter! I think you're not the vintage kind of clacker!

Come to the SA side, we've got cookies.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 21:20:02 »
I tried SA. Looks silly sitting so high on 60% boards IMHO. Also there's a ton of SA these days. Why not something different instead of more of the same?
I'm back.

Offline Alex528

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 21:24:02 »
I tried SA. Looks silly sitting so high on 60% boards IMHO. Also there's a ton of SA these days. Why not something different instead of more of the same?
It's the future, man. Something something ergonomics

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 22:13:59 »
I tried SA. Looks silly sitting so high on 60% boards IMHO.

Easy solution to your dilemma, get a real keyboard size such as a 104 or a small TKL  8) .

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 22:26:30 »
Been there, grew out of it. Sold my last non-60% board over 3 years ago!
I'm back.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 22:46:07 »
Been there, grew out of it. Sold my last non-60% board over 3 years ago!

Easy, stick only with DSA's because this set is strictly VINTAGE hence it's all SA profile, please read the Op's beginning statement and see his design criteria.  This set just aint for you Pal  8) .

Why don't you get http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/lunar/ currently residing on PMK's site, so scoot on over there and start buying it up for your tiny calculator-sized keyboard.

This Group Buy is pure Vintage styled hence for us, the real keyboard lovers know exactly what we're getting here with MiTo's design.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 22:49:45 by Elrick »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 22:51:40 »
Lol easy on the attitude brah. SA isn't the end-all be-all of "vintage". Plenty of caps out there (R3 & 4 come to mind) were and are still vintage and weren't any of the fad profiles like SA.  Have you even used SA yet?  I think a lot of folks like the idea of SA but haven't tried it.
I'm back.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 22:58:09 »
Guys.

Do you even realize that I already released a price table on OP, and that I really need feedback about it?

I mean, that really matters.

Cospar is completely ready to launch tomorrow, if PMK allowed me.

I want to know if you want more Novelties, if you want Alphas and Mods being sold separately, if you want me to bake you cookies or if you need a hug.

Please.

EDIT: Since this community apparently went blind after PuLSE (and I don't even know why) here's the Price Table. Please take a look at OP, I made many mockups and there's a lot of relevant info and news there.

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 October 2014, 23:05:58 by MiTo »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 23:06:02 »
Guys.

Do you even realize that I already released a price table on OP, and that I really need feedback about it?

I mean, that really matters.

Cospar is completely ready to launch tomorrow, if PMK allowed me.

I want to know if you want more Novelties, if you want Alphas and Mods being sold separately, if you want me to bake you cookies or if you need a hug.

Please.

EDIT: Since this community apparently went blind after PULSE (and I don't even know why) here's the Price Table. Please take a look at OP, I made many mockups and there's a lot of relevant info and news there.

Show Image
I think the pricing looks good, and I will probably be buying at least one of most things.  :thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 23:12:55 »

I think the pricing looks good, and I will probably be buying at least one of most things.  :thumb:

Listen to this man.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 23:57:35 »
Have you even used SA yet?  I think a lot of folks like the idea of SA but haven't tried it.

I sit back and laugh at such pure ignorance since you're talking to the ORIGINAL SA addict here on Geekhack, which has bought every SA profiled Group Buy started since day ONE.

Because you've got issues (too numerous to bother analyzing here) the SA is adored and valued here at my place.   Every time I purchase any more SA's I get even more keyboards to fill out with them.  Before you start embarrassing yourself here publicly know who you're speaking too and don't waste time crapping about your own experience, whilst hundreds of others love using the SA.

The SA Profile simply rules above all other Profiles that were ever made by Signature Plastics, and you can quote that forever  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 October 2014, 00:02:16 by Elrick »

Offline Data

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 09:01:06 »
It's OK, Elrick.  Calm down buddy.  /pet /pet

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #145 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 13:16:33 »
It's OK, Elrick.  Calm down buddy.  /pet /pet

He's actually the Guardian of the SA Master Race.

Offline bianco

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 13:27:58 »
another inspired set MiTo!
would you know if SA profiles are all smooth? or is it possible to have matte/textured surfaces?
i've been using the penumbra SA for quite some time and haven't really gotten used to the smooth texture

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 14:24:33 »
another inspired set MiTo!
would you know if SA profiles are all smooth? or is it possible to have matte/textured surfaces?
i've been using the penumbra SA for quite some time and haven't really gotten used to the smooth texture

Hey Bianco, haven't see you in a while mate.

SA keys are produced on 3 different finishes:

-> Semi-matte top and sides (all sizes are available with this finish - PuLSE and Penumbra are SMTAS);
-> Matte top w/ semi matte sides (I don't understand what's the point of this);
-> Glossy (not all sizes are available on the glossy finish).

I really wanted to go glossy with Cospar. However, Melissa alerted me that not all sizes are available because there's very low demand for it. She said it looks antique and that not many people request such a finish. I was pretty upset because that's exactly what I was looking for but since they simply don't want make such keycaps available for us, what can I do?

Oh well.

Therefore, we're kinda stuck with SMTAS, like PuLSE and Penumbra.

Offline Alex528

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 14:27:44 »
Novelties! THERE CAN NEVER BE TOO MANY NOVELTIES! I don't have any ideas, but I wouldn't a variety.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 15:53:20 »
Novelties! THERE CAN NEVER BE TOO MANY NOVELTIES! I don't have any ideas, but I wouldn't a variety.

Cospars will receive a Taste The Rainbow upgrade à la PuLSE today.