Author Topic: [IC] Cospar SA (GB DEC 1st! - NEW GB FORMAT!)  (Read 71610 times)

Offline deci

Re: [IC] Cospar SA Keyset (GB LIVE ON W1 DECEMBER! - VOTE NOW!)
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 16:17:08 »
Mito you are right.

You already thought of everything and it looks amazing so nobody needs to suggest anything lol.

That and Pulse is stealing some of the thunder. Personally I love this one way more than pulse and can't wait.

I tried SA. Looks silly sitting so high on 60% boards IMHO. Also there's a ton of SA these days. Why not something different instead of more of the same?

Other than pulse, which of the other SA keysets are actually sculpted and not just uniform row 3?
I'd like to grab some other SA sets as well but I only want sculpted ones.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] Cospar SA Keyset (GB LIVE ON W1 DECEMBER! - VOTE NOW!)
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 18:38:42 »
What do you guys think about this?

The colors I chose are not too vibrant so I think they should work with our colorscheme.

I'm not inspired today (I'm having a bad day) and there's at least two problems with these 3 new novelties I added.

-> They are useless to 60% layouts since they are R2.
-> I don't believe these icons are a good fit to the theme.

Feel free to give some ideas and suggestions.

Also, do you guys want the social media (/r/MK, GH and DT) keys?

Offline Alex528

• HELLO YES I LIKE CLICKY KEYBOARD YES VERY NICE
Re: [IC] Cospar SA (CHECK MY LAST REPLY -GB LIVE ON W1 DECEMBER - VOTE NOW!)
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 18:40:16 »
I'd like them if they weren't useless on a 60% :p

Poker 2, SP PBT DSA, MX Blues.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 18:47:40 »

As a matter of fact I absolutely hate the ideas I just showed, it's a complete sh1t.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] Cospar SA (CHECK MY LAST REPLY - GB LIVE ON W1 DECEMBER - VOTE NOW!)
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 19:16:01 »
Problem solved?

Offline abandoner

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 22:51:11 »
Looking good. I actually like both of the last two Cospar ideas  :thumb:

Offline lakin.wecker

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 22:53:28 »
I am really liking the colors and the ideas in this one. I will be interested to see the final results.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 23:21:18 »

As a matter of fact I absolutely hate the ideas I just showed, it's a complete sh1t.

IMO I love the astronaut novelty, I think the helmet just needs to be a bit more oval than circle because currently, it reminds me more of this rather than this.

Offline bianco

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 00:49:14 »
another inspired set MiTo!
would you know if SA profiles are all smooth? or is it possible to have matte/textured surfaces?
i've been using the penumbra SA for quite some time and haven't really gotten used to the smooth texture

Hey Bianco, haven't see you in a while mate.

SA keys are produced on 3 different finishes:

-> Semi-matte top and sides (all sizes are available with this finish - PuLSE and Penumbra are SMTAS);
-> Matte top w/ semi matte sides (I don't understand what's the point of this);
-> Glossy (not all sizes are available on the glossy finish).

I really wanted to go glossy with Cospar. However, Melissa alerted me that not all sizes are available because there's very low demand for it. She said it looks antique and that not many people request such a finish. I was pretty upset because that's exactly what I was looking for but since they simply don't want make such keycaps available for us, what can I do?

Oh well.

Therefore, we're kinda stuck with SMTAS, like PuLSE and Penumbra.

thanks MiTo
good info. i wasn't aware that penumbra was semi-matte. there's no texture on it at all.
i suppose only the military themed one (forgot the name of the set run by jil) was the only matte SA

anyways, i'll definitely keep an eye on this

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 06:38:02 »
Problem solved?
Show Image

I love the extras you provided here, very sheek and suitable for anyone wanting some extra colour on their keyboard.

For me personally I'll stick with the rudimentary colour-way because I'm conservative that way.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 12:23:10 »
Problem solved?
Show Image

I love the extras you provided here, very sheek and suitable for anyone wanting some extra colour on their keyboard.

For me personally I'll stick with the rudimentary colour-way because I'm conservative that way.

We will stick with these.

No astronaut or terminal this time.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 12:32:38 »
Mito you are right.

You already thought of everything and it looks amazing so nobody needs to suggest anything lol.

That and Pulse is stealing some of the thunder. Personally I love this one way more than pulse and can't wait.

That's exactly what I thought, pretty much all the kits are included.

I'm expecting to gather more support in the next couple of weeks in order to succeed Cospar like we did with PuLSE.

I'm not considering they anymore, we'll stick to the green and orange COSPAR keys as extras!

This way, 60%ers will not be left behind.

thanks MiTo
good info. i wasn't aware that penumbra was semi-matte. there's no texture on it at all.
i suppose only the military themed one (forgot the name of the set run by jil) was the only matte SA

Commando, I suppose?

Stay tuned, and keep bringing your opinions because they're much apreciated.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 12:40:31 »
Looking good. I actually like both of the last two Cospar ideas  :thumb:

The second one is way better, it matches very nicely the initial concept.

I am really liking the colors and the ideas in this one. I will be interested to see the final results.

Stay tuned!

Bring suggestions if you've got any.

IMO I love the astronaut novelty, I think the helmet just needs to be a bit more oval than circle because currently, it reminds me more of this rather than this.

I see what you're talking about, problem is that since we're going 2-1-2-3-4-3 I can't match such novelties to fit TKL/100%s and 60%s.

We'll stick to the 1.25 colored COSPAR keycaps, what do you think?

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
Re: [IC] Cospar SA (ANSWER OP PLEASE - GB LIVE ON W1 DECEMBER - VOTE NOW!)
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 16:47:41 »
I don't know if it has been said already in this thread but would it be possible to have an option without the custom key text? aka just plain old "enter", "alt", etc? I'm more interested in the colour scheme than the custom text on it.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 17:19:24 »
I don't know if it has been said already in this thread but would it be possible to have an option without the custom key text? aka just plain old "enter", "alt", etc? I'm more interested in the colour scheme than the custom text on it.

It was requested before and I denied, because I'd be offering two completely keysets at the same time.

They would compete and fail together.

But I'm aware that people love this color scheme and that's why I'm designing Hoccard, and it's pretty much done.

It's something completely new, never done before.

Below, a teaser.

Offline Alex528

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 17:20:02 »
WHY WOULD YOU TEASE THAT OH MY GOD

Offline lakin.wecker

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 18:44:35 »
Oh man, Hoccard looks great too.

I will provide any suggestions if I think of any, but so far I haven't.  The more I look at the latest suggestion, the more I like it.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 19:21:51 »
But I'm aware that people love this color scheme and that's why I'm designing Hoccard, and it's pretty much done.

Below, a teaser.
Show Image

MiTo you seem to operate  like a stripper only revealing a tantalizing glimpse of something truly special.  Please take it all off so we can see what's on offer.

Offline Alex528

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 19:39:17 »

Below, a teaser.
Show Image

MiTo you seem to operate  like a stripper only revealing a tantalizing glimpse of something truly special.  Please take it all off so we can see what's on offer.
+1, as much as I would love to buy every set released I'm a broke student and I am trying to make sure I pick the best set, and I'm kind of digging that colour scheme.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 22:05:46 »

Below, a teaser.
Show Image

+1, as much as I would love to buy every set released I'm a broke student and I am trying to make sure I pick the best set, and I'm kind of digging that colour scheme.

Below, a teaser.
Show Image

I will provide any suggestions if I think of any, but so far I haven't.  The more I look at the latest suggestion, the more I like it.

Hoccard is very special, it's something I'm trying to create since my days on the WASD layout editor.

Lord knows when I'm gonna deploy it, not anytime soon.

But you're going to love it.

I'm sure.

Offline bianco

« Reply #170 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 22:31:13 »
More
Mito you are right.

That's exactly what I thought, pretty much all the kits are included.

I'm expecting to gather more support in the next couple of weeks in order to succeed Cospar like we did with PuLSE.

I'm not considering they anymore, we'll stick to the green and orange COSPAR keys as extras!

This way, 60%ers will not be left behind.
thanks MiTo

Commando, I suppose?
Stay tuned, and keep bringing your opinions because they're much apreciated.

yes! that's right. commando.
thanks MiTo.

Offline Alex528

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 22:32:41 »

Below, a teaser.
Show Image

Below, a teaser.
Show Image

Hoccard is very special, it's something I'm trying to create since my days on the WASD layout editor.

Lord knows when I'm gonna deploy it, not anytime soon.

But you're going to love it.

I'm sure.
Sounds good, at least give me a few months to enjoy Cospar before I have to fork over more for this.

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 10:39:24 »

Below, a teaser.

Show Image

Looks amazing :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 11:50:27 »
Sounds good, at least give me a few months to enjoy Cospar before I have to fork over more for this.

I will, I fell in love with SA and Cospar and Hoccard are a great fit to the profile.

Looks amazing :)

I'm glad you like it, but it will not be released anytime soon.

Let's focus on Cospar!

Offline deci

« Reply #174 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 17:46:11 »
Hey Mito

Would it be too much trouble to add non deep dish keys to Dvorak and Colemak for those of us who use custom layouts or who just prefer uniform keys?
So that would be adding a non deep dish row 3 U key for Dvoryke (since H is already in the base set) and non deep dish row 3 T and N keys to Colepar.

Alternatively you could just add the non deep dish row 3 U to Dvoryke and then if anyone wants the non deep dish T and N for their Colepar pack, they can just buy the Dvoryke pack as well.

edit: omg Hoccard... Mito why you do this to our wallets  :p

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 18:58:09 »
Hey Mito

Would it be too much trouble to add non deep dish keys to Dvorak and Colemak for those of us who use custom layouts or who just prefer uniform keys?
So that would be adding a non deep dish row 3 U key for Dvoryke (since H is already in the base set) and non deep dish row 3 T and N keys to Colepar.

Alternatively you could just add the non deep dish row 3 U to Dvoryke and then if anyone wants the non deep dish T and N for their Colepar pack, they can just buy the Dvoryke pack as well.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion.

However, the non-deep dish keys you requested are already included in the Mission Set.

The Mission Set is obligatory to everyone that will eventually join the GB, because modifiers are not being sold separetely.

Dvoryke and Colepar are add-ons.

Offline deci

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 20:04:21 »
Hey Mito

However, the non-deep dish keys you requested are already included in the Mission Set.

The Mission Set is obligatory to everyone that will eventually join the GB, because modifiers are not being sold separetely.

Mission has row 2 u key.
I'm requesting a non deep dish row 3 (home row) u key. I think that's the only one missing.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 21:29:37 »
Hey Mito

Mission has row 2 u key.
I'm requesting a non deep dish row 3 (home row) u key. I think that's the only one missing.

A non deep dish 1u "U" key can be added to the Dvoryke.

Is it wrong or it's just a personal preference?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm very stupid today. Now I see what you're talking about, I'll add flat keys to both Colepar and Dvoryke add-ons.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 October 2014, 21:33:22 by MiTo »

Offline deci

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 02:05:27 »
Thanks Mito!   ;D

Offline agbockus

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:00:00 »
This is beautiful! I got in on PuLSE but now I'm truly bleeding from my wallet because I want this so bad!

But I'm also sobbing because I'm studying abroad in Germany in December...I leave December 1st! :'(
I hope I can get access to buy this awesome set!  :thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 10:26:43 »
Thanks Mito!   ;D

Anytime mate.

This is beautiful! I got in on PuLSE but now I'm truly bleeding from my wallet because I want this so bad!

But I'm also sobbing because I'm studying abroad in Germany in December...I leave December 1st! :'(
I hope I can get access to buy this awesome set!  :thumb:

That's awesome!

If you eventually join Cospar as well, Signature Plastics can definitely ship it to you on Germany.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:00:30 »
I'm thinking about splitting the Modifiers and Alphas into two deals.

Offline Alex528

Re: [IC] Cospar SA (GB LIVE ON W1 DECEMBER! - VOTE NOW!)
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:09:53 »
I'm thinking about splitting the Modifiers and Alphas into two deals.
How come?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:18:34 »
How come?

Like this:

This way, Dvoryke and Colepar will stand a decent chance of tipping.

Opinions?

Offline Alex528

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:40:47 »
How come?

Like this:

Show Image

Show Image

This way, Dvoryke and Colepar will stand a decent chance of tipping.

Opinions?
It doesn't make a difference to me as a qwerty user, but it makes sense for sure.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:47:13 »

It doesn't make a difference to me as a qwerty user, but it makes sense for sure.

I believe it will bring down the costs, maybe.

I'm waiting Melissa to answer my email regarding this idea.

Offline deci

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 12:55:47 »
Are you planning to make Colepar and Dvoryke full alpha sets then?

It makes sense, although would MOQ be higher if they are full alpha sets instead of smaller add-ons?

Personally I like them as add-ons as I plan to buy all the sets anyway, but I can understand the logic.

I think Colepar should be easy to tip as it's smaller and Colemak is very popular these days... I'm only worried about Dvoryke.
On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen a sculpted layout for dvorak users ever so maybe it will sell well.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:03:51 »
Are you planning to make Colepar and Dvoryke full alpha sets then?

It makes sense, although would MOQ be higher if they are full alpha sets instead of smaller add-ons?

I'm thinking about 25 MOQ, with both Colepar and Dvoryke as full Alphas.

But we'll most likely stick to the cheapest option.

Offline Alex528

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:06:03 »
What exactly does Colepar mean?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:12:38 »
What exactly does Colepar mean?

Colepar doesn't actually mean anything, it's just a combination between Colemak and Cospar.

But Dvoryke (Dvorak) is a tribute to a friend, user /u/Dvoryke creator of the Lunar Keyset.

I decided to name the Dvorak package after him because PuLSE was the result of a personal designing competition between us. I was pretty pissed off when he released Lunar om /r/MK because it's first version was looking very similar to Olimitto. So similar that my subconscious took it as it was stolen. That night, I sat my but on my desk and decided I wouldn't leave until I had something amazing done. Dvo was clearly shook, as he suggested that PuLSE was a HUE modified version of Midnight.

It was a long damn night.

August 12th, 2014.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:12:03 »
I support this dude K3 (I didn't buy anything from him, actually) and I hope he comes up with his own designs soon because he has the tooling and logistics to make something decent and available to the masses.

If you want to boycott Cospar, go ahead.

Boycotted. If you (or anyone) supports this douchebag k3kc, I will never buy anything you design or sell.

Everyone should join with me in boycotting this group buy.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:19:24 »

You really want to drama this thread like you and a few others did with PuLSE?

I mean, it was great marketing.

Go ahead if you want.

Also, for all of you wondering why JD said this, it's because I suggested this vietnamese dude K3 (and other makers like HotKeys), that counterfeited a copyrighted design from CF, to make colored novelties matching PuLSE, just because he has the tooling and logistics to do so.

But let's talk about Cospar, that's what actually matters.

Offline Alex528

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:29:18 »

Go ahead if you want.

Also, for all of you wondering why JD said this, it's because I suggested this vietnamese dude K3 (and other makers like HotKeys), that counterfeited a copyrighted design from CF, to make colored novelties matching PuLSE, just because he has the tooling and logistics to do so.

OH MY GOD CAN YOU PLEASE GET HIM TO MAKE A YELLOW NOVELTY TO GO ALONG WITH COSPAR PLEASE BASED MITO

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:30:56 »

Go ahead if you want.

OH MY GOD CAN YOU PLEASE GET HIM TO MAKE A YELLOW NOVELTY TO GO ALONG WITH COSPAR PLEASE BASED MITO

And that's exactly why boycots and this bull**** copycat crap doesn't matter, there's always someone that wants what they want.

Offline Alex528

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:37:33 »
People need to get off their high horses. Somebody wants to copy a product in huge demand with very small supply. I think that they are helping out people like me who want the designs but don't want to spend stupid amounts of money on them. Sue me.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:40:25 »

People need to get off their high horses. Somebody wants to copy a product in huge demand with very small supply. I think that they are helping out people like me who want the designs but don't want to spend stupid amounts of money on them. Sue me.

I'm sorry you don't understand. I feel bad for you, and those like you.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:41:52 »

Go ahead if you want.

Also, boycotting because this set is ugly and not worth buying. That's talk about Cospar.

in memoriam

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:44:30 »

Go ahead if you want.

you shouldnt be so defensive, the only reason pulse did well at all is because we gave you a little exposure, and jd basically nursed you in to having a usable gb which you so happily took the credit for,  it wouldnt surprise me if you saw this was a total failure, and jumped on a little controversy to try and make lightning strike in the same place twice

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:44:52 »

Go ahead if you want.

Also, boycotting because this set is ugly and not worth buying. That's talk about Cospar.

ditto
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:46:20 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 11:22:52 by esoomenona »