Author Topic: Lubing plate mounted cherry stabilizers?  (Read 5541 times)

Offline STR8_AN94BALLER

Lubing plate mounted cherry stabilizers?
« on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 14:11:07 »
Is there any way to do this without taking apart the keyboard / desoldering the entire PCB assembly?

The wire stabilizer on my B540 sits below a red (metal?) sheet, and below I can see traces of PCB. However I cannot drop lube in the joint where the wire contacts.

Also, what kind of lubricant do you guys recommend to use? I have tamiya ceramic and 50k diff silicone oil.\

Thanks in advance.
Rig | 5820K - 16G 2400 - AMP GTX1080 - 850EVO 1TB - EVGA 750G2 - W7U
P870DM3 GTX1080 SLi - Pending

Offline Evi1_0ne

Re: Lubing plate mounted cherry stabilizers?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 16:02:26 »
 I've been wondering the same thing.  I have traxxas 5137 50k diff lube that I purchased for $5 for 1.75 oz / 50ml.  I'm wondering if the viscosity is thick enough for lubing the stabilizers. Way cheaper to go this route than the small syringe that barely gives you anything. Even though you are only gonna use a tiny amount, it's a huge price difference.
Ducky Shine 3 YOTS - Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 - Ducky G2 DK9008 - Ducky G2 Pro DK9008 grey/blue PBT

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 11:45:00 »
no if you don't want lube to drip onto your pcb.
i suggest buying the krytox lube pack from mkawa on geekhackers. the thick lube/spring lube should be okay-ish for the stabilizers.
i lubed mine with them.

Offline STR8_AN94BALLER

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 11:30:39 »
i suggest buying the krytox lube pack from mkawa on geekhackers. the thick lube/spring lube should be okay-ish for the stabilizers.
i lubed mine with them.

But is there a way to access the stabilizer connect point without desoldering the entire switch assembly?
Rig | 5820K - 16G 2400 - AMP GTX1080 - 850EVO 1TB - EVGA 750G2 - W7U
P870DM3 GTX1080 SLi - Pending

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 11:35:27 »
If you can get a syringe to fit in there maybe you can squirt lube onto the contact areas. If you're trying to work on your spacebar stabilizers, you may be able to get away with not desoldering everything. I managed to fix my KMAC spacebar stabilizer without desoldering it. However, if it's at any other location, you'll probably have to desolder and take the stabilizer out. Why? You may be able to force the little slider out but the wire won't go back otherwise. And why can you do it with the spacebar? It's at the front and easily accessible if you tip the board.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 11:40:30 »
i lubed mine with them.

IMO, Kyrtox is the best stab lube I've found so far. Costar stabs with thick Krytox feels like there no stab at all it's so smooth.

I can't imagine any way to properly lube Cherry plate stabs without removing the switch. Im sure you could find some way to hodge-podge some lube in there but I have to imagine your results will be disappointing.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)