Author Topic: [WTS] Candy Corn Skull Topre (Winner Posted)  (Read 11752 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
  • Trade Count: (0)
[WTS] Candy Corn Skull Topre (Winner Posted)
« on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 21:36:24 »
So, as I told nubs after his sale wrapped up, I'm going to put up my CC for sale. I just won this from EK's last raffle.

The deal is this, to help out clackless members (new and old) I'm willing to sell this at half of what I paid. I know not everybody is swimming in money like other members and I'm willing to take a loss on it to give somebody else a chance.

OR, you donate to full amount of what I paid (i don't get a penny) to hopeforpaws.org and provide proof before I ship. Hope for paws is a great organization that rescues dogs from the streets of Cali (mostly LA) and honestly, they deserve every single penny they get. I'm almost 2 years into a monthly donation and I wish I could give more.

Like nubs said, I'd really appreciate it if you don't turn around and flip it later. But, I know it's something I can't control and it would be awesome that when you get tired of it you'd help out another member by selling it at the same price you got it at.

Also, please don't ask for it if you don't own a topre board. I'd like to see this actually get used instead of being held on to just for the sake of hoarding.

So, all you have to do is.. I have no idea. Tell us about yourself, why you like GH, why do you think you deserve it.. just about anything.

Clackless members will take priority. New members before join date of 11/13/14 (or 13/11/14 for the europeans)  are included, nobody after. 0 post members regardless of date are not included either. If you've been caught purchasing/supporting k3kc either here or on reddit (I'm sure somebody will call you out, or I'll ask nubs and/or other reddit users) you're not welcomed either.

proof:

Open till Tuesday. Top 7 replies will be put through randomizer. Open worldwide.

and the winner is:

congrats.

anytime i get a clack at retail, i will do this. same rules. half to me, or full price to hopeforpaws.org

but, only difference is that, once you've won you're no longer eligible to enter again. gotta keep it open to more people.

anyway, will be PMing the winner in a sec to see what they want to do.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 November 2014, 22:12:15 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: [WTS] Candy Corn Skull Topre (Details Inside)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 18:38:45 »
bump

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 18:51:25 »
Well, do I deserve it? No more than anyone else around here. I have a hhkb type S which deserves a clack to finish it off.   :p I would like to finish off my collection with a clack, and would be willing to trade you a brobot for it if you would like! I am just a poor uni kid who shouldn't be spending as much on keyboards as he does, so I won't be buying any clacks at aftermarket prices. Pretty much the same sob story as anyone else around here. I wouldn't resell either.

I also thought that I would add in that I love dogs, have had dogs my whole life, all of which have been rescue dogs, and my avatar pic is a picture of my current 3-legged rescue dog! I would of course be willing to donate do saving more dogs!
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:23:35 by byker »

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:00:09 »
I would love to donate to hopeforpaws.org, but I don't think I deserve it because I would trade it for a black clack as soon as I get it cause I am Darth Vader.

Muhahaha!

Just kidding and good luck to everyone who enters!
PS: don't pick me I don't need candy corn, if anyone got a black clack(depth black, night owl etc.) shoot me a pm!
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:02:00 by argcargv »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:07:32 »
I have a Topre board.

I won't flip it....I'll lick it.

I love dogs, I'll donate to help save dogs.

I like Mexicans.

I like the Raiders.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:07:53 »
Clackless so I'm hoping to get my first skull.

Thanks demik for doing this, you're the man!

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:08:25 »
I've been here only a few days, but so far I'm liking it. Keyboards are amazing and I want to decorate mine with some fancy keycaps. All I have is a stock Realforce keyboard, but I'd love to embellish it with a sexy keycap. Also if I do win, I'd like to donate to hopeforpaws.org, it seems like a really great organization :thumb:

Offline intelli78

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:09:37 »
I don't want to enter the giveaway, but just want to say it's chill af. Good initiative.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline jaemzp

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:17:56 »
Hey demik thanks for doing this it's a really kind gesture. I've been a member here for about three months and mainly just lurk, admiring other people's keyboard collections and their keycaps. I am clackless at the moment though I do have some other custom keycaps that I use. Not sure if I deserve it or not as there may be others that do not have any custom keycaps at all. But if I do win this I will be using it on my stock type-s and it would most probably never leave that location nor would it be sold or traded either. I'd also be more than happy to make the donation to hopeforpaws :)

Good luck to everyone!

Offline Belfong

• Trade Count: (2)
[WTS] Candy Corn Skull Topre (Details Inside)
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:20:43 »
I'm not Clackless but I think there is someone who is Clackless who will really enjoy this Candy Corn. He's the huge Candy Corn fan in GH - the number one super fan and I know he has lots of beautiful photos to proof it. Alas, he let go many of the Candy Corn at the cost he obtained but I know he'll treasure this one if he could get it at retail cost, more so if there is a good cause he could donate.

This guy is no other than our own Dustin. He truly will love your Candy Corn skull till end of day!
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:34:18 by Belfong »

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:24:23 »
I have a Topre board.

I won't flip it....I'll lick it.

I love dogs, I'll donate to help save dogs.

I like Mexicans.

I like the Raiders.

Assuming all Mexicans are Raider fans? Hilarious. Or did he say to mention your team? Think Demik is a niner fan.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:35:11 »
I have a realforce, and I'd like something to help set it apart from other RFs. That is, aside form the pink keycaps.

Whether you feel I should win or not is fine, but I'm still willing to help you pick out the reddit people who support k3.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:47:22 »
Would love to add this to my HHKB, I would opt to  make the donation to what sounds to be a worthy cause, and i can guarantee that in the event that this clack would ever leave my hands it would be at retail or trade to a fellow clackless, or in a give away

Win or lose it is awesome to see the trend lately of such seasoned members trying to help the newer guys get their first clacks and other artisans, as it can seem an impossible task at times without paying a high markup. Hats off to you good sir.

Edited to include all requirements:

I love geekhack because I feel normal here with a passion for something that most people don't give a second thought too. The sense of community that I see in many posts and the patience it takes for elder member to answer questions that I am sure have been asked and answered many times before, but you can almost see the passion behind the words they write and the chuckle of an elder at a child discovering something they learned long ago, and all this with out any condescension, only love of the board.

Why do I deserve this? Honestly after looking at the post before and after mine over the few days I don't know that I do.  What I do know is that I care about the sense of community here and that I would love to support the artisan community by displaying their work on my board ( which i am currently only able to display binge caps) and show them to people that normally wouldn't see them. I am sure their are many people here who deserve this more then me but the fun is just  entering to see if I win and seeing the passion so many people feel about something most take fore granted. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 November 2014, 04:49:28 by jackalope »
eh o well

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:48:43 »
Will drop $20 or so to Hope for Paws later on tonight.

I don't want the clack as I simply don't like them, but thanks for helping out those dogs, man.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 19:56:26 »
Glad to see you doing this.

I'd love to join in on this but I'm still trying to find the money for a topre keyboard.

My favorite dog here at home is a rescue so I'm glad to see you support hopeforpaws

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 20:52:23 »
Hey! Thanks for doing this. I would be very happy to happy donate to this organization because I ****ing love animals. I got an HHKB recently and I love it a lot so hopefully I can win this clack to adorn it with! Thanks again  :thumb:

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:06:45 »
I would love to win this. I just recently traded my Duck eagle for two clacks though one of them had an issue which is being resolved by the person I traded with. I would love to be able to win this clack from you so I can have my first Topre clack since the one I have is an MX. I think it will go great with either my RF 55g or my HHKB that I just ordered from EK.

I would be more than happy to donate to any charity you would like as well as hopeforpaws ^_^

« Last Edit: Sat, 15 November 2014, 22:18:19 by Synjin »

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:13:21 »
From now, I have been mostly active on Reddit (and also DT), but now I'm lurking more and more on GeekHack.

So... that would be an awesome welcome!

Also, I don't have any novelty cap, so a Topre Clack would be a pretty good start.  :)

I tried to get one at the last EK raffle, but I didn't have your chance.

Even if you don't choose me, I'd like to say it's really nice of you to do this!
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:18:36 »
It's a very generous thing you're doing with the hopeforpaws. I need to find an organization that does the same here. It's very sad to drive around and see dgo's roaming the street, skinny and bony, starving and looking for something to eat, and knowing they're likely going to get hit sooner or later. I've watched people plow right through them without once pressing on their brake.

Thanks for doing your part, and I will surely do mine.

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:25:10 »
I have been here for a while but school started and I was busy...until I got the EK email about the recent CC raffle. I am active on reddit and on tech forum called LTT, I was kinda turned off by GH because my school Internet blocked Geekhack and I forgot about it. Not to mention I missed all the good group buys :/

Would love it to start my clack collection, or my artisan keycap collection in general. My cherry and Topre keyboards each need some love! I've seen dustin's collection of artisan caps and boy....I almost passed out!

I appreciate you selling them at cost and/or lower, as well as supporting hope for dogs. I don't have any pets but I've always wanted a dog (cats? Pshhhhhh). Specifically a collie ( I think that's what the breed is called). Would gladly donate to hope for paws as I hate animal abuse (abuse in general).

Offline rausse

• HHKB addict
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:25:55 »
As with nubbinator, a very kind gesture, thanks demik!  As a new member it's really hard to get started - no one will sell caps, and I've entered and lost all the click clack and bro raffles in the last 6 months.

I'd love the cap, and promise not to flip it.  I program on my hhkb type s 8 hours a day, and would love those hours to include a clack!  I'm currently clack-less and bro-less, though I do have a gasmask and two hot keys topre fns - thanks Martin!

I'm happy to pay or to donate to the charity - another great gesture.  Even if I don't win, +1 for the massive karma points gain.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:28:32 by rausse »

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:43:36 »
I love the cap, but please put me on lower priority as I already own a Clack. Even though it's on a lower rarity than Candy Corn, I feel that the Clack-less deserve one more than I do. Also if I do win it, I will never flip it, only trade or for retail price.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 22:17:01 »
Awesome contest man, the Charity is a great idea! Thats so wonderful that you donate to them! I hope the winner chooses that option. :)
I would enter though I have already gotten an amazing cap from you which I love!  ;)

Offline jvarg

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 22:19:35 »
Clack-less, and (currently) Topre-less.  Although I hope to soon change the latter, as I just recently purchased the blank black HHKB set, and the blue/red control and esc keys from doublin (<-- great guy).  I didn't get lucky during the EK clack sale, but will be purchasing a HHKB from them soon (still can't decide on black [dark grey], or white.  Or Type-S for that matter.).  New to GH but not entirely new to mech keyboards.  Loving the comradery so far.  Surprising amount of goodwill threads like this (come on, this is the internet after all).  Looking to sink my teeth into Topre soon, and see what it's like on the other side of the pond!  Not expecting to get my first clack for a steal, so if demik happens to choose my **** post out of some good ones, I  totally respect the hopeforpaws cause.

Appreciate what all you guys are doing and have done to build this community!
HHKB | 87UB | 23UB | FC660C | FC500RR

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 23:15:31 »
It's awesome that people keep doing stuff like this! I'm clackless but also topreless... Guess I need to start my 55g HHKB project  :)
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 23:51:43 »
I still love you milky

Offline Matter

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 02:30:01 »
Been looking for my first clack for the longest time and the candy corn and drunken have been my personal favorite by far.
Tried to enter the recent EK raffle as well as a few other brobots raffle but just didnt seem to be lucky enough to win them.

Hope to be able to use this clack on my HHKB which currently only has the christmas blue esc and red control keys.

The black hole at the top right is where it will go.
81947-0

This candy corn clack will make the best christmas present this year!
Help me plug that blank black topre hole!

Thanks Demik!
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 November 2014, 02:51:42 by Matter »

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 04:25:35 »
if it was a Mx I would love it, good luck to everyone with a topre board
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 04:47:13 »
Awesome giveaway dude. I'm out as I'm an MX pleb but best of luck to all the participants :D
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 09:10:04 »
I started with an MX Blue Choc Mini.  Loved it but read all this hype about clears.  Bought a Shine 2 with clears to mod.  Never got around to it.

Then I moved for work and found it was pretty lonely.  Had a lot of time on my hands so I started picking up modding.

I loved my Shine so much that I didn't want to take it apart.  So I decided to make a board from parts.

First was my Watermelon Board

Took maybe 3 months to get everything I needed and make the board.  Didn't have a good camera then.

I wanted to share my hobby with the few close friends I have.  So I Made a zombie switch tester board out of a Ducky 9008

Did a bunch more keyboard things like lubing old rubber domes, exploring the world of ALPS, and finally Dental Banding the 55g Topre that I didn't like (love it after the reduced travel fr bands).

Now I have a nice camera and macro lens... Waiting on some GB projects but also starting to look to collect caps.

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline shawn24

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 14:39:26 »
eager to have one for my hhkb... :thumb:

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 15:08:34 »
Oooh, I would love to pair this with my orange blanks  :D

I really like the charity idea. I hadn't heard of hope for paws before now but they sound like an awesome organization. Thanks for doing this!

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 15:29:46 »
Wow, what a cool guy you are, Demik!  That's a really nice gesture for you to do this.  I'm not clackless as I'm buying a few now and
actually recently got into the EK raffle, so I don't need the candy corn, but I thought I might share a bit anyway.  I'm newer than many
of the veterans here that have been geeking out over Mech Keyboards for multiple years now, but I seemed to have fallen into the same
must have/ must try/ must buy mentality that most do at GH. I only realized that places like GH existed back in May and have been
glued to all the best threads here since.  The community at GH is much different then other hobbyist communities and it always impresses
me how outgoing and generally nice people here are.  Obviously, there are those that aren't, but in general everyone here seems to look
out for one another and it makes me happy to see so many artisan keycap/keyboard makers doing so well and improving their
skills/creations with all the support they get here. I say people seeing you demonstrating excellence here will hopefully become infectious.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 16:19:20 »
Demik I still think it's still awesome that you support hopeforpaws.org :thumb:

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=t1k4o8pl7r62jh8r3qcc43utd08qlir5&topic=63161.0
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:15:32 »
 :thumb:Really good! I have one Topre keyboard need one Skull. PM'd :thumb:
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:25:48 »
just a quick heads up.

don't PM me offering to buy it. don't ask for it if you already own multiple CCs, don't ask for it if you don't own topre.

It's all in the OP and I tried to make it as easy to understand as possible. If you have any questions (not regarding how much you'd like to pay me for it) then PM me.

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=t1k4o8pl7r62jh8r3qcc43utd08qlir5&topic=63161.0
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:27:32 »
I love GH so much! Because there is a lovely place. I love make friends. And I have already met a lot of friendly people here. They helped me very much.
Usually I trust everyone. Because people need to help each other. People come here for a same hobby: Keyboard.
And I think there is more fairly. People need to cost time to find beautiful keycaps, not only money.

I don't know how to say, but I have many reasons to choose GH. Maybe it can help me achieve my little dream. :p
                          I♥♥♥friends 

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:35:11 »
I love GH so much! Because there is a lovely place. I love make friends. And I have already met a lot of friendly people here. They helped me very much.
Usually I trust everyone. Because people need to help each other. People come here for a same hobby: Keyboard.
And I think there is more fairly. People need to cost time to find beautiful keycaps, not only money.

I don't know how to say, but I have many reasons to choose GH. Maybe it can help me achieve my little dream. :p

Just to put a good word out there for 3love, I have spoken to him a lot and he is a greatly acquired friend! He means for the best, he just isn't too well understood at all times.

Good luck everyone!

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:37:57 »

Just to put a good word out there for 3love, I have spoken to him a lot and he is a greatly acquired friend! He means for the best, he just isn't too well understood at all times.

Good luck everyone!
haha, I am bad English speaker. But I really love GH friends and everything for keyboard.
                          I♥♥♥friends 

Offline renne

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 01:20:20 »

Good luck everyone!
haha, I am bad English speaker. But I really love GH friends and everything for keyboard.
Just to put a good word out there for 3love, yes, he is wealthy. But what I saw beyond that is he put much more enthusiasm than money on collecting rare keycaps.

Good luck, buddy!

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 01:22:06 »

Good luck everyone!
Just to put a good word out there for 3love, yes, he is wealthy. But what I saw beyond that is he put much more enthusiasm than money on collecting rare keycaps.

Good luck, buddy!
thanks. So happy you talking this.
                          I♥♥♥friends 

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 01:56:04 »
Let's bring it back to the sale/giveaway instead of talking up people.  Many people have enthusiasm about Clacks, this isn't about one person's enthusiasm. 

Awesome little thing you're doing here demik.  I didn't donate to your preferred cause, but I did just donate a little to Ken-Mar Rescue up in LA for you.  From all the research I've done, it's one of the better no-kill shelters up in the LA area.

More

Edit:  And forgot to say, I'm not a fan of Candy Corn, so I'm not in, just wanted to contribute to the feels

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 November 2014, 02:04:13 by nubbinator »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 02:32:37 »
Well, here goes nothing.Every time I wanted to do something nice for somebody else, this time I will be selfish.
I don't have a CC, I have a HHKB and it's the best board I ever owned. I love the candy corn CC and it would look great on the black HHKB.
And I love that you care about the less fortunate animals. I have a 12 year old dog myself and a cat, both were saved from the streets. So it's nice to do something for a good cause. I donate every month to a local association that take dogs from the streets and offers them a warm and loving home.
And a proof that I do own a HHKB (I'm the only crazy guy with a HHKB and a SUN Microsystems mouse pad :P ):

P.S: If I win this time it means the end of the world is near, because I never won anything.

L.E. |P.P.S : I don't know what I was thinking, I don't have money to spend on only one cap. So I'll pass, more chances for others
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 November 2014, 01:15:48 by DanielT »
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline JarrodC87

• Tapatalk User
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 14:53:46 »
I just got into this keyboard game very recently and while I'm sad that I have missed out on getting some of those beautiful clacks from early on, I really hope that spending enough time here and with a little luck I could be fortunate enough to start getting some for my boards. Something about those little skulls pulls together a custom design. Love it.
I like those simple designs with single color schemes and one menacing clack in the corner. Those are my absolute favorite. Super jealous of all those of you out the who have something similar.

Thanks for giving some of us noobs and less fortunate a shot to start a collection. I never win anything. So if I do, it will be a sign of something serious, that's for sure. ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 15:02:49 »
I am Candy Corn Clackless.

I like Clacks, but not to the point of distraction.

I keep and treasure those very few that I have, and nearly all of them are on keyboards I use regularly.

I have a special power to miss out on sales.

That this one is Topre is even better - it will live on my HHKB.

And best of all it has yellow in it and I like yellow.

Thank you for the opportunity to enter, and for your generosity regardless of who you choose.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 15:08:27 »
Doesn't hurt to try. We'll I am new to mech keyboards. I am more active on reddit then I am here, but check this often. I really love how the community works together on projects and that caps like the click clack can even exist. I have 2 poker 2s and love them. One for work and one for home. I work as a cyber offense operator for the Air Force and have had people comment on my board all the time. Trying to get them into the mech world lol. I am slowly decking out my boards. One has a TEX aluminum case with blank low profile PBT caps. It's beautiful. The other is just the stock poker 2 with clears. I am trying to make my own caps at the moment but I'm not very artistic with the clay. Going to get the girlfriend to try to make a few designs. Hope to get more involved with the community! Thanks for reading.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 15:19:09 »
I got into capmaking because I was so in love with all the beautiful caps made by all the makers here at GH (and because I can't win any Clack or Bro)!
I'm only a couple months into making, but I keep going to chase the quality and creativity of the best cap makers.

Maybe can replace my imaginary CC  :))

Offline stargazy_pie

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 15:45:51 »
Oh my word, demik, this is so exciting!!!!

OK, the pitch ;D

Three months ago I was searching for a present for my techy father-in-law, and one of the suggestions I found on reddit was a mechanical keyboard.  I had never heard of a mechanical keyboard at that point in life, yet having following the link to r/MechanicalKeyboards I have thought of very little else since.  I have lurked, I have pined and I have dreamed...and soon my dream will become a reality.

At first my desire to buy a mechanical keyboard was met with some resistance from the wife.  After all, they're expensive.  At least the HHKB Pro 2 that I begged her for is expensive.  What's more, as my wife pointed out...I'm a terrible typer.  Giving a HHKB to a search-and-pecker like me would be giving a ferrari to an eight year old.  In London.

And so to demonstrate my commitment, and to strengthen my case for the HHKB with clear keycaps, I created an account with keybr.  And after 19 hours of typing, I can tough-type!  OOps.  Well, I'm much better anyway.  90wpm without caps or punctuation, which is a drastic improvement.

Impressed/worn down by my laser focus, my wonderful wife gave me the green light...however she still deemed the HHKB too pricy.  However, last week my sister messaged me from Tokyo asking what I want for christmas.  And yes, to my joy, she agreed to buy me a HHKB pro 2!!!!  AMAZING right?!

She gets back next week and I have spent the last few days desperately researching how I might get my hands on an artisan topre keycap.  And so, demik, I humbly ask you to consider entrusting your beautiful keycap to my loving care.  Partly because I think it would be the (non-mx)cherry on the cake, but also to show my wife that this hobby needn't cost the earth thanks to the wonderful people at geekhack!

Thanks for reading!!!  Peace and salutations.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 15:48:05 »
Since this is a worthless Topre, I'd be willing to take it off your hands if you cover shipping.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 15:50:46 »
Entering in for this! Big up brother demik for the thoughtful and generous opportunity! I have a feeling we will be seeing more giveaway's from others soon. ;)

I truly appreciate your donations for our canine friends. Seriously man, that means a lot to me. It is absolutely heartbreaking to see a creature that is capable of so much love just thrown on the streets like garbage. People seriously make me sick at times, but I know there are some good people out there working towards making a difference. Here's to those people. :thumb:

I already have a clack, so you can put me on a lower priority. If I did win this cap, it would live on my HHKB w/ orange realforce set in hopes of scoring an orangesicle buddy to keep him company.

Big up once again, demik.

Going to give a quick shout out to my homegirl "Bleu", who passed away on Saturday.

RIP.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar