Author Topic: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset - 4 WEEKS DELAY  (Read 764658 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset (TIPPED! - WE WANT YOU FOR THE PuLSE ARMY!)
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 23:15:39 »
Ordered a set, looks amazing!

Thank you very much kidi!

As I mentioned a couple of times already I hope me and Signature Plastics exceed all of your expectations, in the most positive way, in a couple of weeks.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 05:23:57 »
As I mentioned a couple of times already I hope me and Signature Plastics exceed all of your expectations, in the most positive way, in a couple of weeks.

No worries, from your enthusiasm alone it will be a BIG key-set extravaganza that everyone will want to own in their keyboards. 

You can't ever go wrong picking SA Profile because it's so loved by the majority here and the sour pusses that don't, can leave the building  :thumb: .  The PuLSE Army is on the march and we will never surrender to the lamo DCS and DSA lovers out there.  We now rule here on Geekhack and that is what truly matters when it comes to defeating the enemies of the SA profile.  We shall never let them win in the trenches or on the battlefields, we shall overcome their ignorance and pathetic choices in non SA key-caps.

We will win this MiTo because we are determined to re-build this world into one glorious SA worshiping state of superiority, that will last a thousand years  8) .
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 September 2014, 05:32:30 by Elrick »

Offline Hanni

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 07:27:20 »
Comon ISO users ! Lets tip it ! :)

Offline frostylove

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 12:43:15 »
Just ordered mine  ;)
Don't know whether it will fits my Leopold FC700r perfectly, hope so...
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 12:56:06 »
Just ordered mine  ;)

It will fit quite nicely, don't worry.

Offline uns211

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 14:11:04 »
Just ordered mine  ;)
The spacebar isn't standard. Buy an extra 6.25u spacebar and mod it.

I'll get a base set, Tsangan, 7u spacebar, and 60% stripe next week or the week after.

Offline anne

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 15:15:21 »
Congratulations on passing 50 orders!  I'm so excited knowing that I will definitely get everything I ordered, maybe with a surprise discount at the end.

Offline gooseta

What Pulse SA set for Pure?
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 15:34:42 »
Hi, I'm buying a KPT pure (not Pro), and I want to buy the Pulse SA Keyset. Just wondering which add-ons to buy as the pure has an odd layout.
WASD v1 with browns
Ducky Shine 3 TKL with blues and orange backlight
KBT Pure with greens
Leopold FC660M with blues
Spirit 87% with clears

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 17:54:18 »
Hi guys, I'm new to this group buy thing and mech keyboards in general. So if these keysets reach a certain amount, do all the keysets get their priced reduce? That sounds awesome.

One question before I plunge in, after the countdown how long will it take to ship to us?

Offline feizor

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 22:42:21 »
Hi guys, I'm new to this group buy thing and mech keyboards in general. So if these keysets reach a certain amount, do all the keysets get their priced reduce? That sounds awesome.

One question before I plunge in, after the countdown how long will it take to ship to us?

Yep, you don't get charged until the GB closes and you will be charged the lowest price based on the total number of sets ordered, ie the lowest price tier that gets reached. However each optional kit has its own price tiers.

Hope that makes sense.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 00:06:31 »
Yep, you don't get charged until the GB closes and you will be charged the lowest price based on the total number of sets ordered, ie the lowest price tier that gets reached. However each optional kit has its own price tiers.

We always forget about the new ones joining in because they have never participated in a Geekhack Group Buy before.  The current prices displayed for everyone to buy into won't be the final price you will pay in a months time when the Group Buy officially ends (reaches it's deadline).

At that time period if 100 people sign up to buy it, EVERYONE will pay that new lower price tag.  Hence no one will miss out that's why you still have the newbs waiting till the last second to sign up for a Group Buy because they think that's the final price they will pay for it.  It makes no difference whether you pay now or later on the final second (which you might miss when they shut the GB down).

Better to sign up now because you won't miss out on owning this sweet set.  I missed out on a Group Buy earlier on when I thought like the rest here that waiting till the final second will get me a better price, but it didn't and I walked away a total fool and idiot for leaving it too late.  I later found out that everyone who signed up in the beginning enjoyed the lower price tier and safely got there new key-sets about 4 weeks later.

Don't be like an older 'moronic' version of me, get smart and sign up straight away because PMK isn't taking your money out now but when the Group Buy finishes.  Hence fill up that paypal account around that time period, to make sure you finally get these babies delivered to your front door.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 02:30:06 »
I'm so glad this tipped so quickly (@Elrick, no it's not the fastest). Thanks for your efforts Mito, the set is really nice. I would have waited the end of October honestly to have proper shifts and uniform texture, but it's ok.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 13:58:05 »
I'm getting this for use with my ErgoDox. If for some reason the Halfadox doesn't tip, do I get the option to back out completely?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 16:01:52 »
Congratulations on passing 50 orders!  I'm so excited knowing that I will definitely get everything I ordered, maybe with a surprise discount at the end.

Thank you very much anne, we are destroying PMK with orders right now.

I was afraid PuLSE wasn't going to tip but we did that in 72 hours and I sincerely believe that we are doing very good.

As I already mentioned, I can't wait to see the pictures - it's going to look and feel absolutely amazing.

The spacebar isn't standard. Buy an extra 6.25u spacebar and mod it.
I'll get a base set, Tsangan, 7u spacebar, and 60% stripe next week or the week after.

Thanks for the clarification.

Hi, I'm buying a KPT pure (not Pro), and I want to buy the Pulse SA Keyset. Just wondering which add-ons to buy as the pure has an odd layout.

I believe you are good to go with the Base Set + Tsangan.

Regarding shipping, something between 6-8 weeks.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 16:04:45 »
Better to sign up now because you won't miss out on owning this sweet set.  I missed out on a Group Buy earlier on when I thought like the rest here that waiting till the final second will get me a better price, but it didn't and I walked away a total fool and idiot for leaving it too late.  I later found out that everyone who signed up in the beginning enjoyed the lower price tier and safely got there new key-sets about 4 weeks later.

This is extremely important and as I already mentioned: I'm 100% sure that a lot of newbies are going to miss PuLSE because of that.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 16:14:01 »

No worries, from your enthusiasm alone it will be a BIG key-set extravaganza that everyone will want to own in their keyboards. 

You can't ever go wrong picking SA Profile because it's so loved by the majority here and the sour pusses that don't, can leave the building  :thumb: .  The PuLSE Army is on the march and we will never surrender to the lamo DCS and DSA lovers out there.  We now rule here on Geekhack and that is what truly matters when it comes to defeating the enemies of the SA profile.  We shall never let them win in the trenches or on the battlefields, we shall overcome their ignorance and pathetic choices in non SA key-caps.

We will win this MiTo because we are determined to re-build this world into one glorious SA worshiping state of superiority, that will last a thousand years  8) .

United we stand Elrick. Let's show the world the SA profile superiority just because we love vintage.

And because we can.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 19:18:59 »
I'm so glad this tipped so quickly (@Elrick, no it's not the fastest). Thanks for your efforts Mito, the set is really nice. I would have waited the end of October honestly to have proper shifts and uniform texture, but it's ok.

Don't we have uniform semi-matte texture?
Shift key mini-buy will have to do!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 19:34:21 »

PuLSE is doing really good Matt3o, thanks for the advice you gave and for your support.

We will run a mini group buy in the future featuring these Shift keys on Row 4 and I wouldn't wait these molds to release anything because not even Signature Plastics can confirm when they will be available.

I'd expect them on early 2015.

Offline orangeju1ce

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 20:10:59 »
been waiting for this set.

I just ordered the base, novelties, numpack and an extra 6.25u spacebar :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 20:20:51 »
been waiting for this set.

I just ordered the base, novelties, numpack and an extra 6.25u spacebar :)

Just refreshed the page and your order was placed.

Thank you very much for the support!

Unlike other group buys that take months and years to complete, expect to receive your complete package on early November - if production goes fine.

Offline 01111000

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 21:08:39 »
Finally got around to placing my order, but I just realized that I forgot to purchase the 60% stripe :(  Hopefully I'll be able to edit my order.

Hope we get to 19$ on the Numpad and the next tier on the base set.  Everything seems to be running smoothly so far. 
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 23:51:48 »
Finally got around to placing my order, but I just realized that I forgot to purchase the 60% stripe :(  Hopefully I'll be able to edit my order.

Hope we get to 19$ on the Numpad and the next tier on the base set.  Everything seems to be running smoothly so far. 

You can also make a separate order of just the stripe. I believe they combine the orders together at the end so shipping is only charged once. At least that's what Melissa says every time I ask about it.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 01:20:22 »

PuLSE is doing really good Matt3o, thanks for the advice you gave and for your support.

We will run a mini group buy in the future featuring these Shift keys on Row 4 and I wouldn't wait these molds to release anything because not even Signature Plastics can confirm when they will be available.

Show Image

I understand that and thanks for your efforts, but please note that for me (or any international user) that is a very unpractical solution due to high shipping costs over such small item value, import taxes and hassle with the custom office. Considering the very nice work you did, I would have waited a couple of months, it would have made your set perfect. But, like I said, it's okay anyway. You did great.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 09:20:11 »
Guys buying Tsangan kits, don't forget to buy 7x spacebars! They're not included in the kit.

Also pays off to have spare 6.25x spacebars if you plan to use the set a lot. It's the most used key, so when it gets shiny you can have a spare or two.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline 01111000

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:19:36 »
Signature Plastics charged my card; I thought I would be charged after the group buy was completed.  Is that wrong?

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 12:06:20 »
Signature Plastics charged my card; I thought I would be charged after the group buy was completed.  Is that wrong?

The funds should just be on hold, not actually removed.

Offline Data

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:00:08 »

I think it depends on how you paid.  If you pay with PayPal funds they sometimes hold the funds for up to 30 days.  If you pay with CC or bank transfer your bank or card issuer will typically release the hold after 72 hours.

Offline 01111000

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:06:53 »

I paid with PayPal.  It looks like they removed the money from my card, usually with a hold, it shows up in the PayPal account and not on the card until the payment is made. 

I didn't expect that to go through yet and I bought a few textbooks today, too.  I'm going to have to carefully monitor everything now for two weeks or so until I get caught up on my finances again, lol.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:09:37 by 01111000 »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 17:36:02 »

Show Image

I understand that and thanks for your efforts, but please note that for me (or any international user) that is a very unpractical solution due to high shipping costs over such small item value, import taxes and hassle with the custom office. Considering the very nice work you did, I would have waited a couple of months, it would have made your set perfect. But, like I said, it's okay anyway. You did great.

Thank you very much Matt3o, now I understand why you're holding it.

International shipping and customs are indeed terrible, I live in Brazil and you can imagine how things work right here.

PS: In case you're wondering how they work - they actually don't work. Nothing works properly here.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset (COLEMAK! - WE TIPPED IN 72 HOURS!)
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 17:37:05 »
Some of us requested a Colemak add-on and what can I say?

As you wish!

Offline anne

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 17:48:12 »
Learning Colemak was on my to-do list.  Will the N and T have little nubby bits? Or is it just so the rows won't look weird if you switch around the physical keys?

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 17:54:25 »
N and T should be deep dish at row 3 instead of 4 and 2 respectively (per the QWERTY counterpart).

The pack is a delta between QWERTY and Colemak, so only keys that move row position or are physically different from their QWERTY counterpart are included. Since Colemak typically has a second backspace where Caps Lock is, that is included too.

I have a funny feeling I won't be able to afford this, but I put my name in the IC, so I'm in! It'd be ace if we can get 100 orders for that $8 tier... C'mon y'all know you want to learn Colemak!

12 people purchased Tsangan kit, and it tipped
7 people purchased a 7u BBQ space bar, it is not yet tipped
7 people purchased a 7u NN space bar, it is not yet tipped

I hope for these 12 people that before this ends their space bars both tip...
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 September 2014, 18:04:21 by cjhard »

Offline anne

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 18:09:52 »
OK I'm in.  Nubbins or not, replacing the caps lock with a backspace key just sold me on getting off my butt and learning Colemak.  Well, sitting on my butt and learning Colemak.  In front of my sweet, sweet new keyboard.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 19:00:08 »
Nice kit, I think maybe I should learn Colemak. Is it difficult and does it pay off over sticking with QWERTY?

Offline cjhard

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 19:48:55 »
Shouldn't be too hard. You'll make a few goofs here and there, but most of your more familiar keys are in the same place. Keys you probably found difficult to find when you first learned QWERTY are probably right where you left them too. I had trouble learning Q when I was first keyboarding, and it's still right where Q has always been.

It doesn't really make much sense at all other than to throw off people trying to use my phone, but I use Colemak on my mobile devices. ****s and giggles, doesn't improve anything when you're typing with two thumbs.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 20:56:58 »

I'm surprised that very few here thought of getting any extra Space-bars for future usage  :o .  You do know that the MOST widely used key on any keyboard is the Spacer Key.  Both 6.25 and 7 are required for numerous setups involving any Cherry Keyboard(s).

You always make sure that you have extra space-bar keys because the one that comes standard with this kit will wear away and become so shiny you'll see your own reflection in it plus it will feel vastly different when touched by your own hands.  I have never been in any Group Buy without FIRST buying extra Space bar keys, it's just insurance for the future after typing millions of words, sentences and paragraphs  8) .

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 01:34:47 »

I'm surprised that very few here thought of getting any extra Space-bars for future usage  :o .  ...

Completely agree. I don't get why someone would buy a Tsangan kit and NOT get a 7x spacebar. As I said in my previous post: Spacebars are not included in the Tsangan kit. You need to buy them separately.

So come on, guys. Buy some spacebars. any set you plan to use for extended periods should have at least one spare spacebar. This set and GMK Dolch I have a few extras since I suspect these two will end permanently on a couple of my boards.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 01:39:32 »
This set and GMK Dolch I have a few extras since I suspect these two will end permanently on a couple of my boards.

Same here, it shall be noted on my Tombstone, that here lays an individual that always gets extra Space Bars, no matter what  8) .

Offline cjhard

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 07:41:23 »
I'm intending to get a few space bars and maybe a tsangan kit, but I'm really cutting my funds close lately :0

The 6.25 in NN isn't as popular as the BBQ. What's up with that? Does a spacebar matching your modifiers really appeal to people who don't use space as Fn? Before this ends, if I come out with more overtime than I've got the past few weeks, I'm getting two 7u NN bars, at least one spare 6.25u NN bar, and a Tsangan kit.

Offline Heimdall_

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 08:08:05 »
I added the Colemak set to my order :D

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 10:57:03 »
I'm intending to get a few space bars and maybe a tsangan kit, but I'm really cutting my funds close lately :0

The 6.25 in NN isn't as popular as the BBQ. What's up with that? Does a spacebar matching your modifiers really appeal to people who don't use space as Fn? Before this ends, if I come out with more overtime than I've got the past few weeks, I'm getting two 7u NN bars, at least one spare 6.25u NN bar, and a Tsangan kit.

I like space in the mods color if the F row is alternating.
If I have a solid F row [usually mod color] I like the space to be alpha color.

Offline uns211

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 14:53:08 »
Put my order in. I got one of each: Base set, Tsangan, 60% stripe, 6.25u in NN, 7u in NN and BBQ.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 00:58:47 »
I'm very busy this week with college tests, so I will not be very active on our community in the next couple of days - hope you understand guys!

If there's anything you need, please PM and I'll try to answer asap.

Expect my return at Sunday when I'll answer all of your posts.

Here's a couple of short hot updates:

• I'm discussing a possible partnership with someone regarding custom novelties matching PuLSE colorscheme;
  • We won't have dipdish keycaps of any sort;
  • I believe that the 7u space bars didn't tip yet because the orders are split. Some bought BBQ others NN and neither tipped yet (but both eventually will);
  • Regular bars are underrated because maybe we have some newbies that aren't aware of the ABS shine. But I believe that in the next couple of days they will tip;
  • You guys are awesome.

Peace, and thank you very much for your support - as always.

MiTo
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 September 2014, 01:00:36 by MiTo »

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 01:33:19 »

Wait, really? I had assumed that F and J were homing keys, but this is disappointing to hear. Is there any possibility of a homing add-on pack? I really do rely on the deep dish keys to get my fingers into position.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 September 2014, 01:34:57 by Arcoril »

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 02:07:00 »

Wait, really? I had assumed that F and J were homing keys, but this is disappointing to hear. Is there any possibility of a homing add-on pack? I really do rely on the deep dish keys to get my fingers into position.

Do they have the little nipples at least...? Homing keys are pretty important, especially for touch typists (and gamers. Don't want to have to look down at my keyboard to find my hand position in the middle of a game).

Offline bianco

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 02:13:49 »
yeah, i agree with deep dish for home keys.
currently, i'm using penumbra (sa) and it's without the deep dish for f and j.
however, i appreciate the deep dish on 5 in the numpad.
hope it will be considered either in this gb or a mini one

Offline am3amzar

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 02:25:52 »
i hope the novelties hits 50 purchased.

the price for it decrease by huge amount from 35>22

Offline orangeju1ce

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 02:40:12 »
i hope the novelties hits 50 purchased.

the price for it decrease by huge amount from 35>22

it's at 32 with 20 days left. It's looking goooood.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 17:36:25 »

Do they have the little nipples at least...? Homing keys are pretty important, especially for touch typists (and gamers. Don't want to have to look down at my keyboard to find my hand position in the middle of a game).

yeah, i agree with deep dish for home keys.
currently, i'm using penumbra (sa) and it's without the deep dish for f and j.
however, i appreciate the deep dish on 5 in the numpad.
hope it will be considered either in this gb or a mini one

Child deal added, waiting for Melissa's approval.

MOQ set at 5 unities, including deep dished F, J, N and T keys - 4 keys total.

I never declared that we were going to have deep dish keys anywhere and that's why they are not shown on the Base Set picures.

Also, they being removed were some of cost reduce measures we took early on, when we trashed Cherry Legends.

Child deal removed, deep dish keys will be available in the future Shift Keys On Row 4 Mini Group Buy.

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 September 2014, 17:42:50 by MiTo »

Offline cjhard

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 17:42:15 »
You've got at least one buyer of a dishpack here. I hadn't realized this was a cost cutting thing, I just assumed it would be more technical if there was no deepdish keys at all.