Author Topic: special forum for noobs  (Read 3318 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
special forum for noobs
« on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:26:36 »
because there are ****ing noobs and stupids everywhere regarding serious questions, ranging from "what is cherry" "i had water yesterday will my blackwidow broke?" "hhkb type s?" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "noppoo vs choc mini" "how do i hands"

now please dont frag me for being "not srs" and "stupid", it's going to bounce back and blow your leg off
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: special forum for noobs
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:38:15 »
some of us like answering the same questions over and over again because a majority of people are dumb and forget

and in case you didn't notice, the simple questions thread is over 300 pages long.

and there's a search function that people neglect to use.

there is no need for this.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:41:33 »
nice to see you didnt make a ****ing reddit comparison
well some people like car keys and would probably be more attracted to a big shiny forum instead of entering a general area and blurting
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:43:25 »
Should I get  a noppoo or choc mini?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:46:55 »
There's a simple questions thread sir

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:50:15 »
There's a simple questions thread sir
does it tell me if i should get a noppoo or choc mini? better start a thread just in case and never ask in the other thread
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:53:55 »
You might enjoy this thread lol: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44775

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:58:12 »
some of us like answering the same questions over and over again because a majority of people are dumb and forget

and in case you didn't notice, the simple questions thread is over 300 pages long.

and there's a search function that people neglect to use.

there is no need for this.

I think all your points illustrate a need for such a sub.

1) The people that like answering same questions over and over can answer them in the new sub. The majority of people that are dumb and forget could browse that sub as well. And there won't be any more "not this thread again" kind of response that could be seen as unwelcoming and is definitely unnecessary.

2) there're some questions that don't fit into the simple questions thread since they're not so simple and potentially more opinionated.

3) the new sub would be a direct answer to the lack of search function usage. having it exist is pretty much giving into the fact that some people don't use the search function. plus, there have been a lot of times the native search bar let me down and I felt more comfortable searching on Google and adding "geekhack" to the end of my query to get what I wanted.

The redundancy/clutter would be neatly packed in one sub rather than scattered everywhere. and people won't feel intimidated asking some questions. I'm assuming the target audience for this sub would be the relatively newer members that aren't that comfortable with the forum yet. Maybe expand the scope of the 'new members' sub to also allow for these types of questions by explicitly changing the title or something.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 16:14:58 »
Yes. More subforums! Look at how great the ebay link forum is!

Lets all get subs, then put them in one sub, then make little subs that were here before in the big sub!

YOU GET A SUB AND YOU GET A SUB WE ALL GET A SUB. CLUTTER IS FUN.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 16:17:28 »
Pandering to the lowest common denominator is never a good idea.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 16:18:46 »
Yes. More subforums! Look at how great the ebay link forum is!

Lets all get subs, then put them in one sub, then make little subs that were here before in the big sub!

YOU GET A SUB AND YOU GET A SUB WE ALL GET A SUB. CLUTTER IS FUN.
nice
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:41:02 »
now please dont frag me for being "not srs" and "stupid", it's going to bounce back and blow your leg off

Stupidest post here

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:25:26 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:27:38 by esoomenona »

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:26:47 »
I don't know what to do with my hands.
You should be using them to type on a noppoo or a choc mini.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 17:56:31 »

Stupidest post here
nice
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Belfong

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 18:07:19 »
It's not a bad idea.. But on the other hand, there's just too many sub forums now! If we are doing this, might as well streamline or combine some sub.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 18:38:24 »
A Kiddie Pool subforum is a terrible idea.  Noobs by their very nature will not post in it.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 18:40:16 »
I think the forum for noobs is called r/mk  :))
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 23:20:38 »
A Kiddie Pool subforum is a terrible idea.  Noobs by their very nature will not post in it.

Add a special sticky thread in the idiot snake pit that is off topic.

Jk! Leave the only true subforum alone.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 01:12:54 »
I don't think we need to create special forum for noobs. Actually, I think it may discourage new members to post questions because new members might not justify whether their question is noob or not. Even if they can, they will not prefer to post there because it may make them feel awkward.
I like linear switches

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 09:50:23 »
OP is just trolling.