Author Topic: IBM Model M Clicky 84-Key Wired PS/2 Space Saver Keyboard (SSK) - 1391472 (1987)  (Read 2669 times)

Offline fanpeople

[The listing has ended] Anyone in Australia interested in an SSK?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat but I just got one. I still really want to get it, so if someone else would please pull the pin and remove it from the bay my wallet would forever be in your debt.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IBM-Model-M-Clicky-84-Key-Wired-PS-2-Space-Saver-Keyboard-SSK-1391472-1987-/141402760835?pt=AU_Input_Peripherals&hash=item20ec42e683&_uhb=1

P
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:17:40 by fanpeople »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Damnit why do these have to turn up when I have no money :(

I am sitting in Melbourne CBD at the moment!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jorgenslee

Unfortunately, $62 shipping for me. What a bummer. Been wanting an ssk for a while now... :(

Offline HAL9000

tempting, very nice condition
Code: [Select]
/*pz*/char p[]=" ELPRTWZ";unsigned z[]={553179788,1641},
_=14;main(){while(_--)putchar(p[z[_/012]>>3*(_%10)&7]);}

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
Perfect candidate for a bolt mod.   And it's an '87!!   

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
I had my eye on this one, but I have too much crap I need to sell first :D
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
LOL still there, if I had $200 it would be sol dby now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

The listing has ended, does that mean it was purchased or ran out of time? I was on the fence pretty bad... took a lot of willpower not to buy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Maybe it just ended without any bids.

I would have snapped this up fairly quickly if I had had the funds.

Offline Tiramisuu

Cheaper just to buy a unicomp.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline fanpeople

Where is the fun in that?  :'(.

If it wasn't sold they may re-list it, hopefully when you have the money. And when I don't.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"

If it wasn't sold they may re-list it, hopefully when you have the money. And when I don't.

1. unicomp doesn't make ssks
2. listing says "sold for $200"

better luck next time.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

^-^ *facepalm*

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly

1. unicomp doesn't make ssks
2. listing says "sold for $200"

better luck next time.

actually I am thinking of cutting down one or two of my keyboards. I'm just awaiting the_beast to report back with overwhelming success on his cutting-down mod.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.