Author Topic: IBM Model M-122 with 1st generation case  (Read 1629 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
IBM Model M-122 with 1st generation case
« on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 07:25:19 »
Not a "great" find but this is not a bad price at all for something that seldom turns up.

The top shell of this case will make a good replacement/upgrade for a F-122 top case shell with only a tiny bit of snipper/Dremel work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M-Clicky-Keyboard-5-Pin-Din-Connector-02-Dec-1988-PN-1389160-R2-/390929189292?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

« Last Edit: Sun, 14 September 2014, 15:54:36 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM Model M-122 with 1st generation case
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 13:45:52 »
I am really surprised that this is still available, it has been up all day.

I don't think that this is a bad price at all for an M-122 anyway, and with all the broken F-122 cases out there, somebody needs it.

If I were a bit more flush right now, I would buy it myself.

This is an upgrade to the original F-122 case shell, in my opinion, because it has the superior (tougher and less brittle) Model M plastic material.

But, of course, "purists" will want it all-original.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline soogard

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 15:48:28 »
And I would have got it already, if it weren't for the 60$ shipping.  :( So I hope that somebody will save me.

Offline soogard

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 16:21:17 »
But is anybody is interested only on the case shell I am willing to spend 15$ for the keys and hammers. (I estimated this will be around 1 pound and fit in an envelope, so the shipping will be another 15$)  :cool:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 16:52:01 »
Breaking this down for parts still makes it a good deal.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 15:21:11 »
But is anybody is interested only on the case shell I am willing to spend 15$ for the keys and hammers. (I estimated this will be around 1 pound and fit in an envelope, so the shipping will be another 15$)  :cool:

I could maybe do this. Note they won't fit in an envelope. I recommend a small box or bubblemailer. I need the rest of the guts to hack-up that unicomp M I got into an unsaver or something.

edit: somebody bought it :(

Fohat.digs, this model M 122 in your OP
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-CLICKY-VINTAGE-122-KEY-KEYBOARD-Model-M-1390238-JUNE-1987-F-Terminal-/291241833839?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123&afsrc=1

will NOT work with model F. Notice the feet are the smaller model M feet instead of the 2-stage feet.

It's also missing a keycap.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 September 2014, 15:23:29 by dorkvader »