Author Topic: IBM Vintage Clicky Keyboard - Model F 5129 XT Buckling Spring no SPACE BAR  (Read 1646 times)

Offline fanpeople

G'day

Anyone in Australia (or international if your into bulk postage costs) interested in this thing, I don't know much about the Model F but it looks interesting. It looks like it needs some love.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331319482065?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM Vintage Clicky Keyboard - Model F 5129 XT Buckling Spring no SPACE BAR
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 08:36:10 »
The space bar is hard to come by. I recommend buying it on the cheap if possible, and wait for another parts donor to eventually build one good complete one.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 12:28:03 »
anyone who needs a spacebar, I believe I can give it for the cost of shipping. (But gotta check; I may have cut up all my spacebars for failed experiments)
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:25:22 »
anyone who needs a spacebar, I believe I can give it for the cost of shipping. (But gotta check; I may have cut up all my spacebars for failed experiments)

I have a spare spacebar you sent me, so I can mail that to someone as longas you don't need it for anything.

Once the XTant project gets more underway, there'll be a tonne of XT model F spacebars floating about.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 21:24:34 »

I have a spare spacebar you sent me, so I can mail that to someone as longas you don't need it for anything.

Once the XTant project gets more underway, there'll be a tonne of XT model F spacebars floating about.

Great Dorkvader; you just saved me time looking in my storage areas!

OK, you can give that spacebar to anyone who needs it!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.