Author Topic: is there a way to hide signatures?  (Read 3730 times)

Offline TopreFan333

is there a way to hide signatures?
« on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 15:45:52 »
I'm a newcomer, but I'm going to say it: it's hard as **** to scan these forums because of all the busy signatures.

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
Re: is there a way to hide signatures?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 16:07:20 »
Profile->account settings->modify profile->look and layout
CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 16:22:46 »
I agree. I just turned off signatures and avatars today.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 16:33:15 »
but how are you gonna see the pretty grills that i use as my avatar?

:(

but yeah, some people have really gross signatures and i can totally understand
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 17:00:54 »
I turned signatures off a long time ago - browsing is so much improved.

It wasn't so much annoying animated GIFs that some people used, it was mainly quoting posts in their signatures, and scanning down a thread it was difficult to tell differentiate between quotes in signatures and quotes in posts.

You can still see someone's signature by looking at their profile details.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 21:49:31 »
Profile->account settings->modify profile->look and layout
Whew. Thanks! I can actually — you know — read stuff now. :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 21:56:29 »
Aww, no one wants to read my signature...   :(

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 22:03:39 »

That's because nobody likes you.  :thumb:
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 22:08:48 »
Is there a way to hide all signatures except mine? It truly is the only one people care about.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 07:13:46 »
just because youre jealous of mine doesnt mean you should turn them off fuccboii
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 07:48:51 »

Oh

Okay

That makes sense

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 08:02:08 »

Oh

Okay

That makes sense

Dude, you're Moderator Supreme...time to use some of that powah!

Offline Coreda

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 08:17:31 »
Signatures are nothing compared to people leaving enormous nested quotes in their posts (although I have them turned off as well). Just look at the difference (userstyles ftfw).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 08:24:23 »
Signatures are nothing compared to people leaving enormous nested quotes in their posts (although I have them turned off as well). Just look at the difference (userstyles ftfw).

Whoa, could you educate me on how that works?

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 08:26:58 »
just because youre jealous of mine doesnt mean you should turn them off fuccboii

dude i live in america, the only thing i am jealous of is Hoffbro's beard.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Coreda

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 08:58:31 »

Install Stylish (Firefox/Chrome) on your browser, then install this userstyle. Made the page just for you so it's easier :p

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 09:01:05 »
You're awesome. Thanks so much  :-*

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 09:02:02 »

Oh

Okay

That makes sense

Install Stylish (Firefox/Chrome) on your browser, then install this userstyle. Made the page just for you so it's easier :p
That makes it so much easier to read.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 15:05:35 »

Can this be added to the Simple Questions thread?

Maybe with a couple of additional simple questions/answers like how to add pixel art to signature, how to turn signatures off etc.?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 03:51:02 »

This is so awesome.  Thank you.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 07:09:44 »

Maybe with a couple of additional simple questions/answers like how to add pixel art to signature, how to turn signatures off etc.?

You know that the pixel at question is already listed right? :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 15:07:27 »

You know that the pixel at question is already listed right? :))

"Where do I get pixel art things" is there, but "how to add pixel art to my signature" is not :p