Author Topic: Hello I'm Malik From France  (Read 1524 times)

Offline rihani

Hello I'm Malik From France
« on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 07:21:50 »
Hi,

I discovered the world of mechanical keyboards by chance.
I would like to show you my realization "homemade" keyboard

Compaq RT235BTW FR

77399-0
77401-1
77403-2
77405-3

What you thinking? In your opinion on which site I can buy stickers?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello I'm Malik From France
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 17:08:55 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nicely done :)

What kind of stickers do you want?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rihani

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 02:08:39 »
Keyboard stickers "full set" AZERTY or QZERTY with Win key Ctrl, ALt, F1, F2 F3 ...

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 03:15:36 »
Hello and welcome to Geek Hack my fellow Frenchmen  :thumb:
You should be able to find some AZERTY or QWERTY stickers on ebay

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 05:46:41 »
Keyboard stickers "full set" AZERTY or QZERTY with Win key Ctrl, ALt, F1, F2 F3 ...

In that case it doesn't really matter what "layout" they are designed for, as the stickers would pretty much all be the same size and shape - you just stick them on whatever keys you want to.

As MAR82 suggested, eBay would probably be a good place to start looking.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 07:24:00 »

In that case it doesn't really matter what "layout" they are designed for, as the stickers would pretty much all be the same size and shape - you just stick them on whatever keys you want to.

If he wants an AZERTY layout, he needs to get AZERTY stickers. Otherwise the number row will not have the characters that the AZERTY layout uses.  ;)

Offline rihani

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 08:54:09 »
The problem is that I find stickers on ebay, but usually they are not transparent and there is not all keys F1, F2, F3, Esc, Ctrl, Alt ...

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 08:55:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I would love to visit France. :)
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 09:08:41 »
The problem is that I find stickers on ebay, but usually they are not transparent and there is not all keys F1, F2, F3, Esc, Ctrl, Alt ...

One of the first on eBay.com, if you don't like them I'm sure you can find other colors
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glowing-fluorescent-French-AZERTY-keyboard-stickers-/110618394288?pt=Computer_Case_Mods_Stickers_Decals&hash=item19c15ebeb0

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 09:56:25 »
Tu ne trouve pas ton bonheur ici :
http://clavier-azerty.com/azertyfrancais.html  ?

Le jeu de touches non marqués c'est du Ducky PBT Blank ?

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 20:38:54 »
Sorry, I'm not really familiar with French layout to know what the differences are.

Some valuable links there though :)