Author Topic: [GB] Rad Hard - SA Row 3 add-on to Nuclear Data Green (Shipped)  (Read 55468 times)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] Rad Hard SA Row 3 - Add On to Nuclear Data Green (Taking Orders)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 03:12:19 »
Somehow SA profile seems to handle colour mixing better than other profiles:

Perhaps it has to do with the concept of each of the specially coloured keys doing a really unique function different to the main board section and with terminal boards, often unique to the piece of equipment the board is attached to and SA being very "old skool terminal"-esque. Love it.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 04:30:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

Perhaps it has to do with the concept of each of the specially coloured keys doing a really unique function different to the main board section and with terminal boards, often unique to the piece of equipment the board is attached to and SA being very "old skool terminal"-esque. Love it.

Maybe something to do with so many olden keyboards with SA-like profile keycaps having different coloured keys here and there as a norm.  Having seen so many old keyboard pictures like that, we come to expect the same from SA sets.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline engicoder

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 11:49:15 »
This is just a suggestion for you instead of collecting all the moolah and then sending it over to Melissa's Company, why not let them run the whole show?  Let PMK collect all payments and then send out everyone's orders quickly without any slow downs at all.

This would be easy for everyone (except Melissa and SP  ;D). I will check with Melissa, but I expect that it will be done the old way.

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 17:54:28 »

More
Show Image

More
Show Image

Beautiful pics! Am I the only one who thinks the ASCII control codes like BEL on the keys is wicked sexy?

Love to see a GB with those.

And I think you're right about the colors. There seem to be lots of old original keyboards with "special" keys called out in bright colors...
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline engicoder

Re: [GB] Rad Hard SA Row 3 - Add On to Nuclear Data Green (Orders close 10/17)
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 20:34:15 »
We have come to the last week to order. If you haven't ordered yet, now is the time! We're very close to tipping set 3 to the 25 set price and not that far off on set 4.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 October 2014, 22:19:11 by engicoder »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 21:21:53 »
Hoping all the sets tip. I want this so bad

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:16:20 »
Order placed. Thanks for doing this engicoder

Offline SpecTP

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:51:51 »
my order is in  ;D

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 16:37:18 »
. . .  Am I the only one who thinks the ASCII control codes like BEL on the keys is wicked sexy?
No, no, you're not!

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:32:22 »
ordered!

:thumb:

Offline engicoder

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 23:01:51 »
Thanks to all those who ordered today...we are getting close to pushing the last two sets to the 25 price point!! I have updated the OP and Status post.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 23:07:46 »
With this PMK GB system going now, I'd forgotten how nice it is to see your name in the order list.  Like in the old days ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline engicoder

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 23:24:47 »
With this PMK GB system going now, I'd forgotten how nice it is to see your name in the order list.  Like in the old days ;D

Maybe instead of "Bringing the Cold War to Nuclear Data Green" I should have made the tag line for the Rad Hard GB be: "Bringing the romance back to Group Buys"  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 00:06:13 »

Maybe instead of "Bringing the Cold War to Nuclear Data Green" I should have made the tag line for the Rad Hard GB be: "Bringing the romance back to Group Buys"  ;D

Nah, it might just be me :p

A fair few of those in the list probably wouldn't remember how GBs used to be run.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:07:51 »
So close.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:12:59 »
Ordered!!

I really think people are going to wish they bought these later!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:14:08 »
Ordered!!

Me after every group buy.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:43:53 »

Nah, it might just be me :p

A fair few of those in the list probably wouldn't remember how GBs used to be run.

good luck sir, great to see people actually doing stuff like this

we're doing the Group Buy the old fashioned way

I love this.  Glad to see you doing it this way, and having success with it.   :thumb:

There are a few of us!  (inferring the meaning from bunny's post)

:p

Offline engicoder

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:55:28 »
Ordered!!

My regret always comes when someone posts images of the caps on some nice board, and I say to myself, "You Idiot!!"

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:08:48 »
Updated my order to include a set 4. Hope it reaches the 25 mark!

Offline engicoder

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:18:46 »
Updated my order to include a set 4. Hope it reaches the 25 mark!

Thanks! I recorded your update. We are at 23 now. I am confident we will make it to 25.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:20:15 »
Okay, I can no longer resist.  I'll place an order once I'm home (company restricts access to Google docs...), one of each set.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:26:24 »
Okay, I can no longer resist.  I'll place an order once I'm home (company restricts access to Google docs...), one of each set.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:31:52 »
I'll bite.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:49:06 »
I'll bite.

Thank you sir! And with your order, we officially hit 25 for Set 4!  Once "the ape man" places his order, we will be over 25 for all sets. Keep those orders coming!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 14:10:19 »
Ah, the joy of the last minute ordering frenzy ;D

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:29:59 »
Not last minute, but I added a couple of Set 4's to my order.
Nice job mate
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:36:52 »
I'll bite.

Thank you sir! And with your order, we officially hit 25 for Set 4!  Once "the ape man" places his order, we will be over 25 for all sets. Keep those orders coming!!

I'm useful to somebody!

Offline engicoder

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 08:47:12 »
Only two days left to place your orders for the controversy free group buy  ;D

Offline chrisq

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 09:44:57 »
Only two days left to place your orders for the controversy free group buy  ;D

Hi, I made an order of 2 set2 at the lowest tier, but I'd like to change it to the second lowest as it doesn't seem to hit 50.
Can I do that through the update form, or will it just add an additional 2 at the lower tier?

Offline engicoder

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 13:57:19 »
Hi, I made an order of 2 set2 at the lowest tier, but I'd like to change it to the second lowest as it doesn't seem to hit 50.
Can I do that through the update form, or will it just add an additional 2 at the lower tier?

Any fields you provide on the update form will replace the matching fields on your existing order. If you leave a field blank on the update form, the value from your existing order will be preserved. In your case, you could simply submit an update form with your username and the "Commit if" value.

After the buy closes, I plan to offer anyone who chose a pricing tier that was not met the opportunity to convert their order to the closing tier.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 14:45:30 by engicoder »

Offline engicoder

Re: [GB] Rad Hard SA Row 3 - Add On to Nuclear Data Green (Last Day!!)
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 08:27:58 »
Last day to get your order in....order now or regret it later!!

Offline engicoder

Re: [GB] Rad Hard SA Row 3 - Add On to Nuclear Data Green (Last Day!!)
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 18:17:00 »
Last few hours...orders will close at midnight,  12 am EST.

Offline engicoder

Re: [GB] Rad Hard SA Row 3 - Add On to Nuclear Data Green (Ordering Closed)
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 09:03:26 »
Thanks to everyone who placed orders and made Rad Hard possible!!

I am reviewing the orders and allowing some time for those who placed orders with "Commit if" prices that were not met a chance to convert their orders to the final price. I am also getting estimates on shipping for each order. Once this has been completed, I will begin sending invoices via PayPal.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 18:50:57 »
Thanks to everyone who placed orders and made Rad Hard possible!!

I am reviewing the orders and allowing some time for those who placed orders with "Commit if" prices that were not met a chance to convert their orders to the final price. I am also getting estimates on shipping for each order. Once this has been completed, I will begin sending invoices via PayPal.

Thank you for starting this GB!

And thank you in advance for all your hard work yet to come collecting money, chasing non-payers, dealing with late orders or order changes, address changes, any problems that occur during manufacture, sorting, packaging and distributing ;D :D :) ;)

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 21:29:17 »
This is my first one of these.  Do I need to do anything else to confirm, or do I just hold onto my hat and wait?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 22:26:38 »

Great, looking forward to your invoice because when it arrives - it shall be paid in full, immediately  :thumb: .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 23:05:53 »
This is my first one of these.  Do I need to do anything else to confirm, or do I just hold onto my hat and wait?

Hold on to your hat and wait.  Soon an invoice will appear in your inbox - pay it as soon as possible.  Then once all the money is collected the order will be placed with SP.  Then we wait for the keycaps to be manufactured and sent out to engicoder (probably, unless he has alternative arrangements for distribution).  Then it is just up to engicoder to sort, package and post them.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 23:33:49 »

Hold on to your hat and wait.  Soon an invoice will appear in your inbox - pay it as soon as possible.  Then once all the money is collected the order will be placed with SP.  Then we wait for the keycaps to be manufactured and sent out to engicoder (probably, unless he has alternative arrangements for distribution).  Then it is just up to engicoder to sort, package and post them.

Thanks.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 09:12:30 »

Yes...Rowdy summed it up well. Once produced they will be shipped to me and then I will sort and ship to everyone. This turned out to be quite international with as many folks from overseas as those from North America. The Australians are heavily represented. Did the Cold War have large impact on the Australian psyche?  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 14:11:09 »

Yes...Rowdy summed it up well. Once produced they will be shipped to me and then I will sort and ship to everyone. This turned out to be quite international with as many folks from overseas as those from North America. The Australians are heavily represented. Did the Cold War have large impact on the Australian psyche?  ;D

I think it's more likely that Elrick, by the sound of it, has bought at least as many sets as everyone else put together ;p

Plus there's that green and gold thing.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 20:08:34 »
I hope my Rad Safety Officer doesn't steal these next time he comes to pick up my waste water. 

Offline engicoder

Re: [GB] Rad Hard SA Row 3 - Add On to Nuclear Data Green (Collecting Payments)
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:38:28 »
PayPal invoices have been sent. I will collect payments until 10/31 or all payments have been received, which ever comes first.

Thanks again to everyone who ordered and made this deal possible!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:51:10 »
PayPal invoices have been sent. I will collect payments until 10/31 or all payments have been received, which ever comes first.

Just paid mine. And thank you for running this GB!   :thumb:

Offline chrisq

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 09:05:01 »

Paid
Please set the value of the shipment to ~$20, or the customs will rob me  :eek:

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 09:08:38 »
^^This... Could you please do the same for mine.. I'm currently trying to work out a way to get to customs and convince them that the Penumbra set sent to me by another GH user really is a gift (traded another GB set for it). Still not sure how I'm going to "prove" a value for it. It'll get sent back soon if I don't get it processed :(

Paid! <goes and stares at postbox until keycaps arrive>

Thank you engicoder!
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 09:12:38 »

Sure, not a problem.

Offline pasph

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 09:33:51 »

Paid

+1 please
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 11:57:52 »
Paid in full.  Looking forward to it! 

Offline RED-404

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:24:09 »
Paid, I could have bought pizza and beer with that money. Don't disappoint me.