Author Topic: Keysets for CM Storm TK?  (Read 1583 times)

Offline julayyy

Keysets for CM Storm TK?
« on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 17:10:30 »
Hey guys! I recently bought a mechanical keyboard and didn't really like the font CMstorm uses on their keyboard so I decided to change my keycaps due to the fact that everyone has such cool keyboard here.  However, while I was looking around, I was getting confused on how to purchase some since their group buy was over.  Also, the quickfire Tk has a weird layout so it might be hard to find the keycaps for it.  Is there a way to get keycaps after the groupbuy are over or would I have to find people who have an extra set to sell them to me? 

Some of the keyset that I like were
1. Hyperfuse
2. Midnight

basically any teal/cyan color keycaps.

Another problem I have is that I have red led in my keyboard.  Would the red LED look weird with a tealish keycap? 
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
Re: Keysets for CM Storm TK?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:24:42 »
Hey guys! I recently bought a mechanical keyboard and didn't really like the font CMstorm uses on their keyboard so I decided to change my keycaps due to the fact that everyone has such cool keyboard here.  However, while I was looking around, I was getting confused on how to purchase some since their group buy was over.  Also, the quickfire Tk has a weird layout so it might be hard to find the keycaps for it.  Is there a way to get keycaps after the groupbuy are over or would I have to find people who have an extra set to sell them to me? 

Some of the keyset that I like were
1. Hyperfuse
2. Midnight

basically any teal/cyan color keycaps.

Another problem I have is that I have red led in my keyboard.  Would the red LED look weird with a tealish keycap?

Hi there, I've used a TK before and can give you some advice. All the keys other than some of the bottom row will fit from any key set, however, the TK bottom row is 1.5, 1, 1.25 then a 6.5 spacebar, which is the real kicker since the size is strange, and then 1.25, 1, 1, 1.5. The Tsangan kit for boards will fit the Ctrl keys with the 1.5x and the windows keys with the 1, but not the Alt or Fn key (you'd probably want to keep the Fn, though), the spacebar, or the shift keys. The Shift keys are 2.25 on the left and 2.75 on the right, not sure if those are standard, though.

Since the groupbuy is over, you'd have to get some extras, if there are any, or buy from someone who has, sorry about that. Groupbuys take forever so sometimes people do decide against getting it, though. About the LEDs, it's all personal. I think that LED color and keycap color don't really have to match, but perhaps you'd like a different color. If you're looking for a more custom keycap friendly board, a standard TKL like the Rapid would work, which uses the Moogle set like most modern boards (7x 1.25 modifiers, all the same size, and a 6.25 spacebar).