Author Topic: Question about the delete key (`~) on the HHKB lite  (Read 1271 times)

Offline JunkFace

Question about the delete key (`~) on the HHKB lite
« on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:30:44 »
Hey, so I decided I would get used to the HHKB and all I have HHKB wise right now is a lite.

Anyway I lock my computer pretty frequently at work and can't seem to get ctrl+alt+delete to work properly outside of windows.   Right now I have it set to where delete is the function key of bs and `~ but I would like to make delete the default of `~, ie i want to pretty fn and get `~ and by pressing that key by itself deletes stuff.

Anyway I'm not sure if it's possible at all (I suspect it's not) but if that could be done it would be great.

Even with all that I would expect to be able to press ctrl+alt+fn+delete for ctrl+alt+delete and it doesn't work.  What is the NKRO on this keyboard?  Why cant I control alt delete with delete as an fn?  It would drive me crazy if I had to depress fn every time I wanted to BS.

Edit: So I've been messing around a bit more and it seems theres some sort of issue with the NKRO and pressing the combo ctrl+alt+fn+delete, it just doesn't work, not on the login screen, not in windows, you simply can't have delete as a function and expect to press that key combination.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I want to be wrong, because this is a major flaw.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:00:31 by JunkFace »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:32:18 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 14:12:39 by esoomenona »

Offline JunkFace

Re: Question about the delete key (`~) on the HHKB lite
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:35:07 »
Sounds like a major flaw to me. The way you desire it to be is exactly how I have my HHKB Pro 2 setup, and I don't have that issue.

I might just have to pick up a pro then, so far I've only been seriously typing on this for about half a day and it's starting to make a lot of sense.

I could imagine how much nicer this would be with topre  D

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: Question about the delete key (`~) on the HHKB lite
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 21:53:52 »
I had used Lite(PS/2) for full of a year but long ago. To be honest I can't believe I didn't notice this major flaw.
At this moment I have only Lite2(PS/2) and I confirmed it works well with the key combination.

I assume your Lite has PS/2 interface, are you using PS/2-USB converter? If so did you try another converter or connecting directly to PC PS/2 jack?