Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1599 times)

Offline show0ff

Hi everyone
« on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 01:11:43 »
Im a new member here.  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 01:26:11 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What keyboard are you using now?  Any plans to upgrade?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 01:31:15 »
Heya.  Like Rowdy said, share some details! :)

Offline show0ff

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 23:24:27 »
Right now I'm using a Ducky shine zero with cherry mx reds. I use to have a corsair with blue LEDs but those models were defected. As of now, I'm planning to switch to a smaller keyboard (pref. Poker 2 w/acrylic case, but also thought about Ducky mini). If you guys can help me out in my search that would be awesome. My budget will probably be $140 max. Also, i prefer backlight, browns/clears. I plan to buy custom caps and make my board similar to the one that inspired me to get into mech kbs. http://imgur.com/t/mechanicalkeyboards/vYu1F
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 September 2014, 23:31:15 by show0ff »

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 23:33:10 »
I'm personally loving my KBT Pure with MX Whites, and I think I got it for about 140. You can get it in many switch type and LED color combinations. To be honest, sometimes I wish I had bought a 75% sized, but only because I'm daily-driving this Pure. I'll probably buy a larger keyboard for daily use and keep the Pure for gaming and LAN parties. The Ducky Mini would probably be my second choice if I hadn't bought this. :)

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/ has a nice selection, and is a good place to start your search. Welcome!

Offline show0ff

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 01:10:07 »
I'm personally loving my KBT Pure with MX Whites, and I think I got it for about 140. You can get it in many switch type and LED color combinations. To be honest, sometimes I wish I had bought a 75% sized, but only because I'm daily-driving this Pure. I'll probably buy a larger keyboard for daily use and keep the Pure for gaming and LAN parties. The Ducky Mini would probably be my second choice if I hadn't bought this. :)

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/ has a nice selection, and is a good place to start your search. Welcome!

If i found someone selling a poker 2 w/ an acrylic case, would you recommend me buying it secondhand? im really interested on how much you customize poker 2s and im in love with how the acrylic case looks on it :)

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 23:35:26 »
Poker 2's are one of the most beloved mech boards around right now. They have standardized keysizes, moddability, good layout, programmability, helped started the 60% revolution, created a PCB layout that became popular to follow, and it's cheap. (I'm paraphrasing others here) The point is, it's just a reliable and widely-supported board. Hell, just search "Poker" on here or the subreddit and you'll see how wild people get with them. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 01:43:15 »
Right now I'm using a Ducky shine zero with cherry mx reds. I use to have a corsair with blue LEDs but those models were defected. As of now, I'm planning to switch to a smaller keyboard (pref. Poker 2 w/acrylic case, but also thought about Ducky mini). If you guys can help me out in my search that would be awesome. My budget will probably be $140 max. Also, i prefer backlight, browns/clears. I plan to buy custom caps and make my board similar to the one that inspired me to get into mech kbs. http://imgur.com/t/mechanicalkeyboards/vYu1F

The Ducky Mini is generally well regarded.

http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=989
http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=991

Depending on whether you want silver or gray case.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ