Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1300 times)

Offline ADFX_Pixy

Greetings!
« on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 22:50:27 »
Hello Geekhack community! I thought that since I received my first (and probably only) mechanical keyboard a day ago I thought it would be appropriate for me to join this (hopefully welcoming) community. My beauty of a mechanical keyboard is a Ducky Shine 3 with White LED's and Blue Cherry MX switches. I used to use the stock wireless TKL Apple Keyboard that came with my iMac (late 2011) and I thought the chiclet keys were amazing until I felt my friend's Ducky Shine 3. As soon as I saw them in stock on mechanicalkeyboards.com I quickly ordered one. Some other things about me is that I play tennis a lot and I follow eSports (Call of Duty, even though it's the least popular).
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 23:03:50 »
Welcome to GH! :cool:

I used the chiclets on my MacBook for about five years and bottoming always made my fingers hurt.  I ended up pairing it with a QFR until I returned the MacBook to my employer.

Anyway, congrats on the Shine 3!  Don't forget to post it in the Post your Duckies! thread

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 23:10:20 »
Welcome to GH! Duckies are well loved in clicky circles. I totally approve of white LEDs (especially because you can get the color-changer LED slips if you wanna mix it up!) Hope to see you around Infiniti!  :thumb:

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 23:34:58 »

I used the chiclets on my MacBook for about five years and bottoming always made my fingers hurt.  I ended up pairing it with a QFR until I returned the MacBook to my employer.

Anyway, congrats on the Shine 3!  Don't forget to post it in the Post your Duckies! thread

infiniti, I see you're from the Philippines. How is it like there? I am full Filipino but I was born in the states  ;D
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 00:28:36 »

infiniti, I see you're from the Philippines. How is it like there? I am full Filipino but I was born in the states  ;D

Mabuhay! :thumb:

It's sunny, hot, and humid 90% of the time...the other 10% of the time is the rainy season.  I still haven't found a great cache of vintage keyboards...maybe I'm not trying hard enough. :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 05:39:00 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I also went from Apple keyboard to Ducky Shine - and I haven't looked back since.

I just hope you don't play tennis with your keyboard :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ