Author Topic: Newcomer, looking for rainbow key caps.  (Read 5847 times)

Offline Pelvic Sorcery

Newcomer, looking for rainbow key caps.
« on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 00:38:06 »
Hello,

I own a Filco Tenkeyless Majestouch Ninja. This image has been floating around the web, and I think I sourced it to here. I am trying to find a place to buy these.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: Newcomer, looking for rainbow key caps.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 00:54:55 »
Hello,

I own a Filco Tenkeyless Majestouch Ninja. This image has been floating around the web, and I think I sourced it to here. I am trying to find a place to buy these.

Show Image

They're keycool Rainbow POM jelly. Buy from Taobao or see if they will let you put an ad here.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 01:12:20 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 01:29:16 »
Keyboard-WOW has this set in either top or side-print, but it looks like the KBC Poker font to me: http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/pbt-key-caps-87-104-108-oem-se/104-pbt-rainbow-key-caps-engra/lid=30529650

Geekkeys has this blue-purple rainbow set, side-printed: http://www.geekkeys.com/purple-rainbow-side-printed-pbt-104-keyset/

Cheers  :thumb:

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 01:30:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you can't find anything else, these are vaguely similar: http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/pbt-key-caps-87-104-108-oem-se/104-pbt-rainbow-key-caps-engra/lid=30529650

Whoops. I didn't notice Rowdy pointed to the same set I was looking at. Hah.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 10:53:17 »
Keyboard-WOW has this set in either top or side-print, but it looks like the KBC Poker font to me: http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/pbt-key-caps-87-104-108-oem-se/104-pbt-rainbow-key-caps-engra/lid=30529650
Show Image

Geekkeys has this blue-purple rainbow set, side-printed: http://www.geekkeys.com/purple-rainbow-side-printed-pbt-104-keyset/
Show Image

Cheers  :thumb:

That's the Keycool side printed set I'm pretty sure. The font looks exactly like the 108 set that I have and I should probably get round to selling...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Pelvic Sorcery

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 00:28:22 »
Thanks for the alternatives guys. I am trying out this website, but I don't seem to have a translate option.  :'(

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 06:56:09 »
They're not Jelly POM and they're also not the current Keycool rainbow PBT since the font is not the same and the spacebar is different, too. I haven't seen any with the same font as in the OP anywhere.

If you're happy with the font, the Keycool / KBC keycaps are decent.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 07:42:13 »
I have a set of KC keycaps that I am looking to sell *nudge nudge*
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 10:00:37 »
One type of keycool rainbow caps..with different font.
NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 09:52:08 »
They're not Jelly POM and they're also not the current Keycool rainbow PBT since the font is not the same and the spacebar is different, too. I haven't seen any with the same font as in the OP anywhere.

If you're happy with the font, the Keycool / KBC keycaps are decent.

Yea definitely not Jelly POM
c h e r

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:36:44 »
Hello,

Show Image

QTAN had these for a while

I don't know where he got them, though
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90