Author Topic: Phantom Keyboard?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline awhitedev

Phantom Keyboard?
« on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 08:50:28 »
Hey everyone,

I can't seem to find any good information on this so I apologize if this has been asked a million times...

I have an idea for a custom keyboard... based on the 7bit keyboard design and I'd like to get some components to try out my ideas. I like the Phantom keyboard PCB and Teensy controller... seems like you can do quite a bit with the firmware. So here's my questions:

• Does anyone know where I can order all the parts I would need for a Phantom 7bit keyboard kit? Looks like mechanicalkeyboards.com sells the PCB and Teensy... but where do you get the cherry switch plate??
  • The Teensy controller is programmable... are there any guides or manuals on this? Example: How to develop custom commands for a key, API documentation, etc.

Any info you guys have would help!

Thanks

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
Re: Phantom Keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 09:10:52 »
Strict has organized a group buy  for the plate here, but it is in pre-production now. He mentioned that there might be one or two extra of each plate design (ANSI 125, ANSI 150 and 7BIT). So maybe try your luck with the plate there. Goodluck!

Offline engicoder

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 09:20:18 »

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 10:44:58 »
Thanks guys, so it sounds like the only way to get a plate is to have one made. Group buy or otherwise....

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 10:55:07 »
Thanks guys, so it sounds like the only way to get a plate is to have one made. Group buy or otherwise....

Or find someone who has one laying around!