Author Topic: Dre beats mixr  (Read 5207 times)

Offline xxghostxx

Dre beats mixr
« on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 13:51:58 »
I just picked up a new pair of head phones since my old pair of ronin ifrogz where falling apart . i decided to get a more expensive pair this time around.  has anyone else own these is there anythong i should look out for problem wise? i love them so far , but im not a audiophile by any meens.what is you guys feels on the dre beats brand?
Ducky shine 2(9008)-orange back lit ,MX Cherry brown

Offline xxghostxx

Dre beats mixr
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 13:52:40 »
I just picked up a new pair of head phones since my old pair of ronin ifrogz where falling apart . i decided to get a more expensive pair this time around.  has anyone else own these is there anythong i should look out for problem wise? i love them so far , but im not a audiophile by any meens.what is you guys feels on the dre beats brand?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Dre beats mixr
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 13:56:19 »
I've always heard they were overhyped and the premium cost was due to marketing.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 13:57:35 »

I've always heard they were overhyped and the premium cost was due to marketing.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 13:59:26 »
I've seen triple thread posts before, but quadruple and with identical first replies? Impressive :cool:

Offline xxghostxx

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:00:02 »
My  bad for over posting i had a connection problem on tapatalk but the only reason is cuz i got a good deal and i like heavy base

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:02:09 »
I have one. It's the first gen solo beats.
Tbh, it's not REALLY that comfortable plus it's breaking apart lately.
I'm looking for a replacement atm. :D
Btw, here's a video. Sorta like a review thing.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:02:32 »
Correction: profit margin.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:06:07 »
You guys (who don't know it) should read up on the history of how the Beats came to be. It's a beautiful story about how a guy trying to **** people got proper ****ed.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:06:22 »
You guys (who don't know it) should read up on the history of how the Beats came to be. It's a beautiful story about how a guy trying to **** people got proper ****ed.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:09:11 »
Care to elaborate? It was Dre and Iovine to the best of my knowledge. And now they have ****loads of cash.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:14:04 »
Care to elaborate? It was Dre and Iovine to the best of my knowledge. And now they have ****loads of cash.

Basically Monster, (the company responsible for trying to sue a guy who said you can't tell the difference between their $20,000 hdmi cable and a random $50 hdmi cable) spent millions designing and pitching the beats headphones to people and dre and his buddie managed to get all the rights and make all the money while monster get nothing and are left with the r&d bill... it's pretty amazing

Offline xxghostxx

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:14:58 »
Yes inform us

Offline xxghostxx

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:18:01 »
Wow.another question what do you guys use to clean your headphones?

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:27:38 »

Basically Monster, (the company responsible for trying to sue a guy who said you can't tell the difference between their $20,000 hdmi cable and a random $50 hdmi cable) spent millions designing and pitching the beats headphones to people and dre and his buddie managed to get all the rights and make all the money while monster get nothing and are left with the r&d bill... it's pretty amazing

And yet, they're still no better than $50 headphones you can buy at Walmart...

I guess that after all the double crossing and bill-sticking, it was the consumers who got rightly ****ed in the ass.
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:28:55 »
it was the consumers who got rightly ****ed in the ass.

Only those who chose to buy them... even then, they are more of a fashion statement than pure headphones in the traditional sense...

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:31:21 »

Fun twist is that I have heard (though not sampled myself because I love my Sennheiser/Grado/HiFiMan situation) their headphones aren't all that bad.

I had totally forgotten about them jumping ship from Monster. I don't blame them, though. I don't exactly have a positive impression of Monster as a whole. I used to work at Best Buy and had a hard time recommending their $80 HDMI over one that was $20.

I mean, they're no AudioQuest after all: http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-2m-Braided-Cable/dp/B003CT2A2M

Offline Lanx

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:34:58 »
Unlike most audio companies, Beats doesn't state technical specifications for their headphones, such as frequency response, driver diameter, max input power, sensitivity, and impedance. Investigations have shown their technology is a combination of audio equalization that boosts the low (bass) and high ends of the audio range,audio compression, and audio amplifier to drive the headphone speakers "harder".

it's ****, just like Bose is ****.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:47:39 »
I've seen triple thread posts before, but quadruple and with identical first replies? Impressive :cool:

How do you think ray gets his post count up?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:57:43 »
I've seen triple thread posts before, but quadruple and with identical first replies? Impressive 8)

How do you think ray gets his post count up?

How do you get it up demik??

Offline RED-404

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 15:03:47 »
I haven't kept upon the Beats did they fix the headphone cutting their own cables between the cans and the headband?
I think I will stick with my Shure SRH840 and Alessandro MS1i headphones for now until I can get the HiFiMAN HE-400 or HE-400i headphones.

As for cleaning, I just use alcohol wipes and change out the pads if needed or during a re-cable. Grado & Alessandro need the most mantanance if you have long hair or a full beard/sidberns you will probly need some tweazers for hair cleanup on them.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 19:04:42 »
Why are we even discussing this ****ty branding on here? I'm inclined to say OP trolled the lot of you. The fact that I'm unsure means he got me too...

Offline sobe

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 20:49:06 »
If I remember right, Beats by Dre started it's own R&D and started banging out product on their own after they left Monster in the dust a little while back. Coincidentally the quality DID improve slightly as far as sound quality goes, but they are still huge pieces of ****.

For $250 you can get something that would, in essence, decimate anything Beats by Dre has. Hell, a $70 pair of CAL! (Denon 1001) will blow them away, unless of course you like poor sound quality mixed with over the top bass/sub-bass.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 21:02:26 »

(Attachment Link)

12k posts. Jesus. Congrats on that man :O

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 21:09:39 »

(Attachment Link)

don't encourage him >.>

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 21:39:19 »
To be honest I've found most beats headphones to be borderline mediocre (coming from someone who uses a lot of high end headphones)

Even the newer beats are lousy and the newest version of the studios has such a hiss >.> it's worse than a set of low impedence IEMs (most likely so that people who buy them can crank the volume up)

Coincidently, it seems nowadays people judge the quality of headphones based on how loud they get from turning the headphones to max on their phones which would make a lot of sense with what beats has done with all their headphones (made them ridiculously sensitive so literally a potato can power them)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 01:49:33 »

(Attachment Link)

don't encourage him >.>
Oh come on I don't post nearly as much as I used to.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 01:54:28 »
you've been here for a little over a year and have 12k posts.

i've been here for 3 and have under 10k.

granted i've been banned and muted more times than you, but still. your only rival is your aussie twin

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 08:16:19 »
Get some Audio Technicas
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline xxghostxx

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 20:56:49 »
lol no joke, just wondering. i like bass and seeing that these are my first step towards better headphones .i just wanted to know what you guys thought. the bass doesnt rattle and they seem to have clears highs then most cheapo headphones ive owned, atleast on the mixr version. ;D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:46:11 »
i would have sold you my mad dogs for cheaper than that

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 13:51:04 »

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:20:08 »
Beats will do a better job than your $20 budget headphones, but not much better than that.

Go to Head-Fi if you wanna get flamed for asking about Beats. Any "best headphone" Google search result will give you plenty of great options that trump Beats by Dre.

If you still wanna get Beats, get them for the brand and build quality--not for the sound.
KBParadise V60 with Cherry MX Browns | Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:29:33 »
I wouldn't dismiss $20 headphones. There are some hidden gems in that price range, and quite decent Superlux cans start around $30.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:34:37 »
Beats will do a better job than your $20 budget headphones, but not much better than that.

Go to Head-Fi if you wanna get flamed for asking about Beats. Any "best headphone" Google search result will give you plenty of great options that trump Beats by Dre.

If you still wanna get Beats, get them for the brand and build quality--not for the sound.

man you sure do talk out of your ass a lot

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:51:55 »

If there's a way to talk out of my rear end, I don't know it. Farts, maybe?

I got a pair of Beats as a present. I own a decent pair of $20 headphones. The $20 pair was better.

There, now I spoke from experience.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:52:52 »

The build quality of beats are the best, said no one ever...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:56:43 »

If there's a way to talk out of my rear end, I don't know it. Farts, maybe?

I got a pair of Beats as a present. I own a decent pair of $20 headphones. The $20 pair was better.

There, now I spoke from experience.
so you say beats do a better job than 20 dollar headphones, but not by much. then you say your 20 dollar headphones are better than your beats. going to make up your mind on that one?

build quality on solos were horrible. head band was constantly snapping due to crap design and plastics used.

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:57:16 »

No one has to say anything. Their studio line is physically built well. The sound just isn't up-to-par.

@demik: Did I say that they beat my $20 budget headphones? Re-read the original post. I said "your."

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:57:47 »
^ can confirm that my head band constantly falls apart. >_________________>
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:58:20 »
It's true though. I've compared similar priced Beats headphones to Bose headphones in stores, and the Bose headphones are always better than the Beats. And that's knowing that Bose headphones are overpriced also. Most of the Beats headphones I've tried are too heavy/too clampy, the earpads aren't as comfortable as some cheaper alternatives (I had a Sennheiser 428 that is amaaaaazing~), and the sound is geared towards heavy bass.

Cheapo Sennheisers (like the 428/429) will be as good audio-wise as any of the Beats/Bose. Lighter and better ergonomics too. Alternatively, Audio Technica, Brainwavz, Sony, etc all make $100 headphones that are better than any of the Beats in quality. So you're paying for brand and look (which is what Bose is also).
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:02:56 »
It's true though. I've compared similar priced Beats headphones to Bose headphones in stores, and the Bose headphones are always better than the Beats. And that's knowing that Bose headphones are overpriced also. Most of the Beats headphones I've tried are too heavy/too clampy, the earpads aren't as comfortable as some cheaper alternatives (I had a Sennheiser 428 that is amaaaaazing~), and the sound is geared towards heavy bass.

Cheapo Sennheisers (like the 428/429) will be as good audio-wise as any of the Beats/Bose. Lighter and better ergonomics too. Alternatively, Audio Technica, Brainwavz, Sony, etc all make $100 headphones that are better than any of the Beats in quality. So you're paying for brand and look (which is what Bose is also).

Ehh, the Bose SoundTrue I tried on was pretty good. Comfy as well.  :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:04:39 »

No one has to say anything. Their studio line is physically built well. The sound just isn't up-to-par.

@demik: Did I say that they beat my $20 budget headphones? Re-read the original post. I said "your."

so your generalizations dont even make sense. either stick with what you say or be more specific since you have "experience".

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:06:38 »

so your generalizations dont even make sense. either stick with what you say or be more specific since you have "experience".

Or you can keep up.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:12:23 »

Or you can keep up.

keep up with what? your constant position changing?

its pretty simple you said, beats are sightly better than 20 dollar headphones. in another reply you say your 20 dollar headphones are better. so, obviously that voids your first statement. am i suppose to guess your future replies before i reply to you or what?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:15:57 »

THe build quality is not good for a 300+$ headphone. Just built out of plastic and aren't durable at all, expecially in Sweden where temperature goes below -10C (14.000ºF)

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:20:01 »

Or you can keep up.

its pretty simple you said, beats are sightly better than 20 dollar headphones. in another reply you say your 20 dollar headphones are better. so, obviously that voids your first statement. am i suppose to guess your future replies before i reply to you or what?

I'm sorry if I threw you off with my shift in positions regarding $20 headphones vs Beats.

No, you don't have to guess the point I'm trying to make before you decide to reply. I guess for some that did seem unclear. Mixed in with my own bias towards Beats what I stated was purely my own opinion.

What I should have said is that for $20 the pair of headphones I choose to use over Beats does a much better job at its price-point than Beats in its own price range. However, the Beats do still win-out.

Again, I apologize if I offended you or anyone else reading my posts.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:22:29 by notsonerd »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:23:43 »

Or you can keep up.

I'm sorry if I threw you off with my shift in positions regarding $20 headphones vs Beats.

No, you don't have to guess the point I'm trying to make before you decide to reply. I guess for some that did seem unclear. Mixed in with my own bias towards Beats what I stated was purely my own opinion.

What I should have said is that for $20 the pair of headphones I choose to use over Beats does a much better job at its price-point than Beats in its own price range. However, the Beats do still win-out.

Again, I apologize if I offended you or anyone else reading my posts.
Just cause we disagree on an opinion doesn´t mean we are offended, we just have different opinions

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:29:10 »

Ehh, the Bose SoundTrue I tried on was pretty good. Comfy as well.  :)

I gotta admit, I generalize a bit on Bose products based on the ones available in store locally. Haven't tried the SoundTrue to compare.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:31:22 »
I haven't tried the Solo2's yet, but I dug up a link about the better sound that was brought to Beats if anyone wants to bother watching this review: