Author Topic: [ebay] Filco Zero Tenkeyless w/ Fukkas Alps  (Read 2975 times)

Offline dante

[ebay] Filco Zero Tenkeyless w/ Fukkas Alps
« on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 13:42:50 »
This was listed at the worst time possible.  I just preordered several keyboards and a wallet killing birthday gift otherwise I would buy it.  :(

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Re: [ebay] Filco Zero Tenkeyless w/ Fukkas Alps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 16:46:31 »
This was listed at the worst time possible.  I just preordered several keyboards and a wallet killing birthday gift otherwise I would buy it.  :(

+1.   I bid a few times and will wait to see how high it goes before deciding if I should go for it.

I was the only one that had placed a bid for like the first 3 days it was listed.  Then people started coming out of nowhere.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 21:36:59 »
I was the only one that had placed a bid for like the first 3 days it was listed.  Then people started coming out of nowhere.

The curse of Geekhack (if you're a buyer), working as expected  ;D .  Sellers always do good when their sale is posted here hence if you''re a seller, ALWAYS post it here as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 October 2014, 21:39:37 by Elrick »

Offline dante

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 17:01:42 »
So this went for $175.50.  Someone please tell me it wasn't worth it.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 17:28:26 »
So this went for $175.50.  Someone please tell me it wasn't worth it.

I thought about bidding a little higher than that while watching the counter go down, but decided against it, so I think I might go ahead and say that it wasn't.

Someone's bound to make a decent ALPS TKL within the next couple of years, which is about how long I've been (casually) looking for one. No rush. If that's the case, today's winner is just spending that extra money on a set of Futura caps.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 October 2014, 17:34:30 by cgbuen »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 17:54:21 »
$175 was about $50 more than I was willing to spend.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 18:24:03 »
Does not seem unreasonable.

What is funny is that my Filco Zero (blue Alps, funny-looking keys) would probably be "looked down upon" as sacrilege and sell for less.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 18:36:03 »
Does not seem unreasonable.

What is funny is that my Filco Zero (blue Alps, funny-looking keys) would probably be "looked down upon" as sacrilege and sell for less.

Yep. You should sell that ugly piece of **** to me for say... $50.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 18:42:21 »
On one hand, it wasn't a bad price for a NIB Zero, simply as a collectors' item. But on the other hand, it's about 2/3 the cost of a Kingsaver or Wraith. From that perspective, it doesn't look like such a great deal.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 02:41:19 »
On one hand, it wasn't a bad price for a NIB Zero, simply as a collectors' item. But on the other hand, it's about 2/3 the cost of a Kingsaver or Wraith. From that perspective, it doesn't look like such a great deal.

Especially since I'd just be putting Matias switches in or something.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)