Author Topic: logitech touchpad t650  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Tiramisuu

logitech touchpad t650
« on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 11:19:23 »
Anyone using one of these or their mac brethren?

Looks like it might be a nice addition to the desktop.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: logitech touchpad t650
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 18:37:31 »
Anyone using one of these or their mac brethren?

Looks like it might be a nice addition to the desktop.

the whole pointers thing comes down to precision

The mouse has been developed to the point where it's so precise, it feels organic, an extension of your decisions.. the pointer is a part of you.

The touch pad, it's just not there yet.. and the range of motion is still too limited by the size of the pad.

Offline Bonheim

• Robin, pass me the shark repelant bat spray!
usb
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 04:25:37 »
I have that exact touch pad and i must say it is nice and the multi sensor swipe commands are nice. But after a week it just wasnt good enough to bve used and too large to be an on display active novelty item
My Board: Ducky Zero Shine DK2108S MX Red LED Blue.

Offline shrap

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 00:03:31 »
I had one, purchased cheap on Amazon (~$35) but then returned. I found it to be decent, but the gestures didn't do much for me (on Windows 7) and the click action seemed a bit too hard to use all day. I just got an Apple Magic Trackpad, which is too similar but about twice the price, but I'm used to the Mac gestures already.

I don't mind touchpads, used them on the Apple Macbook Pro, various Dells and Lenovos (including the awful new version). They're usually a compromise but when designed well can be better than mice (again, not the awful new Lenovo ones).

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 23:03:50 »
I use Apple Magic Trackpad sometimes, I've always liked trackpads, they are better these days since you can use gestures. And using a stylus can be useful too, but that only works as a "single finger" no gestures.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~