Author Topic: Fake BroCaps Discussion  (Read 52588 times)

Offline sHOTTA

• <3
Re: Fake BroCaps Discussion
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 00:45:19 »
Thank you for your help! I feel alot better now  :thumb:
Looking for : Jelly Key USA Flag. Shoot me  PM<3

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 01:05:30 »
Thank you for your help! I feel alot better now  :thumb:

I'll also vouch for the lad you bought it from to make you feel double better. He aight.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 04:49:35 »
Yea he seem reputable - he had alot of them and many trades on reddit. It was this sale : https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5vkp1c/usia_h_artisans_bros_hws_w_paypal/
I should of done more research before buying them, tbh there isn't much on brocaps authenticity but found alot on clack factory. I don't want to pm bro he probably has way to much messages daily so posted it here.

Yeah they're legit, Xiro doesn't deal with fakes.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
Fake BroCaps Discussion
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 07:42:02 »
I was/am concerned about this as well. Generally speaking, if you buy from a reputable collector (like Xiro or Ace) who has been around on mm or gh, you will be fine.

However, there have been a few fakes sold on mm recently (as fakes), and who knows whether they will fall into less honest hands.

I actually ordered one myself to see if I could find a way to tell if it's fake. Will post any findings.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 08:03:08 »
Xiro doesn't buy or sell fakes.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #305 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 08:06:53 »
Xiro doesn't buy or sell fakes.
I would bet he's one of the best about identifying fakes

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #306 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 08:22:01 »
I was/am concerned about this as well. Generally speaking, if you buy from a reputable collector (like Xiro or Ace) who has been around on mm or gh, you will be fine.

However, there have been a few fakes sold on mm recently (as fakes), and who knows whether they will fall into less honest hands.

I actually ordered one myself to see if I could find a way to tell if it's fake. Will post any findings.

i think he atleast not copiying the makers stamp inside the cap(i might be wrong), just for the reason that he wants to advertise himself instead.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 08:32:06 »

i think he atleast not copiying the makers stamp inside the cap(i might be wrong), just for the reason that he wants to advertise himself instead.

There are fake brobots on Chinese sites that I don't think come from k3. They are very close to BBV2s that existed prior to the holo stamp, so can be difficult to tell.

Some examples: http://imgur.com/a/Gf7wu

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 11:09:49 »
Fake caps! Sad!