Author Topic: Function Key and Cherry Keypad G80-3700  (Read 1058 times)

Offline egroeg555

Function Key and Cherry Keypad G80-3700
« on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 01:57:38 »
I recently acquired a Cherry G80-3700HQAUS keypad from the classifieds section and it works quite well.  However, when connecting my keyboard (QFR) through the keypad, the function key does not work to use the media keys embedded in F5-F12. 

Perhaps this is not surprising, and simply a matter of these keys not existing when the keypad was made, and the keypad is simply unable to pass the keycodes for media keys.  But, I figured I'd ask here to see if there is a way around it.  It would be nice to have the media keys on the keyboard as well as be able to set and reset macros on the keypad on the fly, and perhaps even macro a media key to the keypad.

Do you all typically connect your keyboard through your Cherry keypad or plug them in to your PC separately?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Function Key and Cherry Keypad G80-3700
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 20:04:54 »
I've only ever connected a keyboard to the G80-3700 to program it, otherwise they would be plugged into the PC separately.

Does the keyboard send those media keys over ps2?

Offline egroeg555

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 01:52:48 »
Yes the media keys on the Quick Fire Rapid work when it is directly plugged into the ps2 port of the computer.  Before I got the keypad I had my keyboard connected to the ps2 port via the USB to ps2 adapter that came with the keyboard.  It seemed that this is the way to go as it does N-key rollover only over ps2.

So, that's another consideration.  With only one ps2 port on the computer, I'd be giving up N-key rollover on the keyboard by plugging them in separately.  Maybe this wouldn't really matter in most practical situations.

However, I am leaning toward just giving up the media keys.  Or perhaps looking into some software solutions to set some media key macros.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 October 2014, 02:01:08 by egroeg555 »

Offline egroeg555

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 13:47:59 »
Out of curiosity, for those who use this keypad, if only setting permenant macros what do you set your macros to?