Author Topic: Filco USB Mod Kit  (Read 24792 times)

Offline ph3nomzlol

• Ruckus
Filco USB Mod Kit
« on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 12:43:33 »
Hey, Pexon!

Quick questions regarding these Filco USB mod kits.  Any reason they were changed from the old design that had the kit include both the adapter cable + USB cable?  I'm assuming this is due to the change with the adapter to USB A instead of mini USB?  Is it possible to order the kit with mini USB adapter instead of USB A?

I also noticed that the new site lists the kit with less options for the adapter cable as well (techflex, etc.).

Hopefully I'm remembering correctly in reference to the options on the old site versus the new site (which looks great, btw!  :thumb:)!  Apologies if I'm completely wrong on any of these points  :p

Thanks for your time!

Offline pexon

• El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
Re: Filco USB Mod Kit
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 02:47:56 »
Hey man,

I've still got a little more work to do on the site, I haven't got the full Filco mod kits with the 2 cables online yet.

Well spotted on the lack of double sleeving, of course I can still do this. I will make the changes tonight.

In regards to the change in connection, I have found the female USB A is a much stronger/ solid connection than the Mini USB (which I had to use a Micro USB connector for due to the size of the female connector) and had to file down the connector.

You are more than welcome to order the kit with a Mini USB, however, I would recommend the new style, its a little bulkier, but much stronger.

Cheers,

James  :thumb: