Author Topic: Black PBT side Printed keycaps - No branding (ducky) No LED slots (Leo)  (Read 12141 times)

Offline SpacePotatoBear

I'm looking for 87 key black PBT keycaps with white side printed letters for my filco Majestouch ninja.

I have been lookign all over and the cloest thing I could find was this http://www.ebay.com/itm/PBT-Keycap-Set-for-Cherry-MX-based-Leopold-Keyboard-Front-Face-Englih-Black-/281377716241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41836b3811 but the Control Key has an LED slot so its a no go for me

any assistance is much appreciated

Offline ControlledBurn

• For a good time, call 1-800-WX-BRIEF
Re: Black PBT side Printed keycaps - No branding (ducky) No LED slots (Leo)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 19:13:57 »
I'm in the same boat, been looking for a 104-key set of black front facing keycaps for my MJ2 but haven't been able to find anything other than what you mentioned.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 19:16:21 »
Max keyboard used to make a set. I don't know if they still do.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 19:37:00 »
If you're willing to live with the windowed capslock key, that Leopold set you posted from eBay gets absolutely rave reviews from almost everyone. It's Cherry profile super-thick PBT and people around here almost universally recommend it. The quality and price-point make that set an absolute steal.

Personally I don't think having the windowed capslock is that big of a deal, on a black key set it will likely be a lot less noticeable than those photos make it appear. They probably took those photos in a very well-lit environment with a white background which makes the window seem very prominent. I have a white capslock key with a window and once it's installed on my board the window takes on a much blacker/darker appearance.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline SpacePotatoBear

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 20:05:11 »
If you're willing to live with the windowed capslock key, that Leopold set you posted from eBay gets absolutely rave reviews from almost everyone. It's Cherry profile super-thick PBT and people around here almost universally recommend it. The quality and price-point make that set an absolute steal.

Personally I don't think having the windowed capslock is that big of a deal, on a black key set it will likely be a lot less noticeable than those photos make it appear. They probably took those photos in a very well-lit environment with a white background which makes the window seem very prominent. I have a white capslock key with a window and once it's installed on my board the window takes on a much blacker/darker appearance.

Its not a big deal but it will drive my OCD mad so I just can't have it sadly.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 20:15:34 »
I can attest to the quality of the Leopold PBT caps. Seriously, they're the best feeling keycaps I have.
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 20:40:17 »

Its not a big deal but it will drive my OCD mad so I just can't have it sadly.

It also comes with a stepped caps lock, just so you know.

IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline saint_james

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 20:47:35 »
I can attest to the quality of the Leopold PBT caps. Seriously, they're the best feeling keycaps I have.

QFT

Absolutely awesome keycaps.  Much quality, such feels, so wow.
C = Q/V ≈ ε₀ (A/d)
Active: FC980C | FC660C Low-noise | RF 87u 55g | RF 23u
Inactive: WASD v2 | Pok3r | QFR | Aukey KM-G9 | Compaq RT101
Dead and buried: Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 21:25:45 »

Show Image

I totally forgot about this. It's center-stemmed as well, right? If so it would work on OP's Filco.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 21:30:19 »
Yup, center-stemmed.

I didn't like this set on my Filco though to be honest, which is what I had bought it for. The keys I think are too thick - it totally changed the entire feel of the board, and the sound as well. Not only that, but the space bar just didn't want to play nice, it just kept sticking. I guess I could play around with it a bit more and add o-rings or something, but the set now happily resides on my Poker II.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline SpacePotatoBear

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 06:52:27 »

Show Image

the ebay seller clearly shows a bag with all the keycaps and I can't see the stepped capslock or a second scroll lock

Offline Volvicsoda

• Want some soda?
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 07:17:44 »

Show Image

the ebay seller clearly shows a bag with all the keycaps and I can't see the stepped capslock or a second scroll lock

the thing is, they give you two extra keys (a stepped caps lock, and also a second left-sized shift) separately when you buy these in Korea. it's just not included within the plastic case.
the quality of these leopold pbt sets are awesome, imho.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 October 2014, 07:19:55 by Volvicsoda »
FC660C, Realforce 104UK-HiPro, Novatouch TKL, NMB RT101+, NMB 8755C+, BTC-5339 Cyrilic, IBM 1390131, IBM SSK,G86-52400, G80-8113,  MX-MINI, G81-3077, Skidata, Filco Camo, 3000SAG, 1724SPF, GMK C. Orange, GMK Dolch, GMK WoB, GMK TA, Filco SA...

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 07:50:36 »
1) Order 87 Key blanks from Banggood
2) Join in nub's IC for iDye Poly
3) Dye
4) ???
5) Profit!

hehe

Offline SpacePotatoBear

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 08:11:24 »

the thing is, they give you two extra keys (a stepped caps lock, and also a second left-sized shift) separately when you buy these in Korea. it's just not included within the plastic case.

hmm how can I be 100% sure the seller does this? This seller doesn't allow contact. or is it just always included with this set no materwhat/I could buy seprately later

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 08:40:17 »

hmm how can I be 100% sure the seller does this? This seller doesn't allow contact. or is it just always included with this set no materwhat/I could buy seprately later

If you are referring to widebasket on ebay you can send them a message through ebay to confirm.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 08:40:56 »

I contacted the seller just last evening about an unrelated product question.

Offline SpacePotatoBear

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 09:04:47 »

If you are referring to widebasket on ebay you can send them a message through ebay to confirm.

I've been trying thats the thing, ebay keeps comming up saying the seller doesn't allow contact, when I try to contact about unrelated product it refers me to the feed back for the keycaps, but it is shipping from SK so should I just assume it has them?

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 09:42:42 »
I'm able to contact the seller OP, don't see what's wrong lol.

Offline Volvicsoda

• Want some soda?
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 10:18:58 »

I've been trying thats the thing, ebay keeps comming up saying the seller doesn't allow contact, when I try to contact about unrelated product it refers me to the feed back for the keycaps, but it is shipping from SK so should I just assume it has them?

the product description on the link says "Number of Keycap : 110 / basically : 108 , additional : 2 (a Caps Lock keycap, a Shift keycap  for FC660M keyboard )"
and that specific caps lock is the one we are talking about right now, a stepped caps lock key. problems solved? :)
FC660C, Realforce 104UK-HiPro, Novatouch TKL, NMB RT101+, NMB 8755C+, BTC-5339 Cyrilic, IBM 1390131, IBM SSK,G86-52400, G80-8113,  MX-MINI, G81-3077, Skidata, Filco Camo, 3000SAG, 1724SPF, GMK C. Orange, GMK Dolch, GMK WoB, GMK TA, Filco SA...

Offline SpacePotatoBear

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 11:33:01 »

the product description on the link says "Number of Keycap : 110 / basically : 108 , additional : 2 (a Caps Lock keycap, a Shift keycap  for FC660M keyboard )"
and that specific caps lock is the one we are talking about right now, a stepped caps lock key. problems solved? :)

ok thanks! placing order now.

big help guys

Offline cannonking

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:28:01 »
This group buy shipped about a month ago:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-pbt-keycaps

I have some side-printed ones, maybe someone else has some they would be willing to sell because there was a mistake and they sent Cherry profile instead of OEM leading to some people requesting partial refunds, or sending them back for full refunds.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 16:52:19 »
^ The demand is really high so they've contacted Vortex for re-run.  Hopefully re-run will have OEM profile caps.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline ControlledBurn

• For a good time, call 1-800-WX-BRIEF
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:25:26 »
^ The demand is really high so they've contacted Vortex for re-run.  Hopefully re-run will have OEM profile caps.
Buy looks live now actually, and notes Cherry keycaps instead of OEM. A slight disappointment, but other otherwise exactly what I've been looking for.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 10:54:55 »
^ A bit disappointing for me too since they already made Cherry profile last time, I was hoping it would actually be OEM this time.  :(

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline SpacePotatoBear

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:57:53 »
This group buy shipped about a month ago:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-pbt-keycaps

I have some side-printed ones, maybe someone else has some they would be willing to sell because there was a mistake and they sent Cherry profile instead of OEM leading to some people requesting partial refunds, or sending them back for full refunds.

ayye they relaunched it, cherry profile tho.

Offline Sov

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 00:05:46 »
Oh, nice - might have to grab a set for a future board in regard to the Vortex caps.  The Leopolds are excellent - I grabbed the Navy set for my Novatouch and I'm really enjoying them.  I also had to opt for using the stepped caps lock key as the LED slot in that position would have bugged the crap out of me.  There is still one on the scroll lock, but it's nowhere near as noticeable. 

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 00:17:39 »
I ordered a set of the side printed Leopolds from eBay, but they take forever to come in the mail! And some people talked about problems with stabilizers in this thread that might be an issue. But other than that I've heard nothing but how quality they are. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63557.0

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view