Author Topic: Trying this DIY cap thing  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
Trying this DIY cap thing
« on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 12:19:11 »
So.. I love to do crafty stuff. After recently discovering the world of mech keyboards and the community behind it, I decided to join the fun. I have been lurking for awhile now and want to show you what I have come up with. This is my first time working with clay like this and want to get your input. With this piece I was trying to go for a tiki eastern island look. If you guys have suggestions or tips I would appreciate it! Once I make something I like, I will cast a mold and let the fun begin.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: Trying this DIY cap thing
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 12:21:14 »
So.. I love to do crafty stuff. After recently discovering the world of mech keyboards and the community behind it, I decided to join the fun. I have been lurking for awhile now and want to show you what I have come up with. This is my first time working with clay like this and want to get your input. With this piece I was trying to go for a tiki eastern island look. If you guys have suggestions or tips I would appreciate it! Once I make something I like, I will cast a mold and let the fun begin.

Looks good! I figured from the picture what you were going for before even reading the post haha. I think it's a solid concept.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 12:22:12 »
Noice! Would support!

Offline NeedAFix

• Ten Seconds until Midnight
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 13:11:52 »
Don't know if it is a typo, but it is actually called "Easter Island". :)

Cool key, maybe you'll start producing them and become famous! :)
The Bird of the Hermes is my name,
eating my wings to make me tame.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:54:07 »
Oops that was a mistype.

I cooked the clay so it would harden. Now I just have to make a mold. Idk if I should go all translucent or just make the eyes glow.