Author Topic: The hamburger thread. (Warning delicious images inside)  (Read 5532 times)

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
The hamburger thread. (Warning delicious images inside)
« on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:58:04 »
Who else likes burgers?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: The hamburger thread. (Warning delicious images inside)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:00:27 »
Now that's what I call a high quality hamburger!  :p
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:02:22 »
I wouldn't know if I like this because I can't see the whole burger...   :(

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:04:11 »
80337-0

Foie Gras burger from Au Pied de Cochon
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:07:37 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:32:09 »
(Attachment Link)

yay apdc! that burg sure is good.

my favourite burger is still shake shack despite having had a ton of fancy ass burgers in different places. skip the tomato and lettuce crap though.
unless you count my own stuff, but I go kinda far with my own burgs. I should start taking photos of them for this thread...
coarse ground brisket+dry aged chuck, loosely packed, seared in clarified butter, home-made sodium citrate melty-cheese, caramelized onions, crispy fried shallots, fluffy light brioche-type buns, mayo w diced pickled onion and chilies.
so hungry.

really wanted to try minetta tavern but kinda didn't get a reservation when I was in NYC previously.

also easiest quickest sickest burg: smashies
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/03/ultra-smashed-cheeseburger-recipe-food-lab.html
awesome stuff

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:39:06 »
(Attachment Link)

yay apdc! that burg sure is good.

my favourite burger is still shake shack despite having had a ton of fancy ass burgers in different places. skip the tomato and lettuce crap though.
unless you count my own stuff, but I go kinda far with my own burgs. I should start taking photos of them for this thread...
coarse ground brisket+dry aged chuck, loosely packed, seared in clarified butter, home-made sodium citrate melty-cheese, caramelized onions, crispy fried shallots, fluffy light brioche-type buns, mayo w diced pickled onion and chilies.
so hungry.

really wanted to try minetta tavern but kinda didn't get a reservation when I was in NYC previously.

also easiest quickest sickest burg: smashies
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/03/ultra-smashed-cheeseburger-recipe-food-lab.html
awesome stuff
damn, gotta make a burger like that sometime :eek:

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:40:42 »
http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-maximize-flavor-by-ultra-smashin.html

here's some more to read on the matter if you weren't hungry enough

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:46:12 »
http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-maximize-flavor-by-ultra-smashin.html

yeah see I always prefer the burgers thick. I guess if you flatten them before they get cooked you preserve most of the juices though.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:54:24 »
Why are there juicy hamburgers above my precious keyboard?
This is giving me nightmares

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 22:01:39 »
But if I go to a cookout and I see you cooking these: http://www2.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10253922&whse=BD_823&topnav=national&cat=95058&hierPath=95075*10060*95058*&lang=en-US
I assume you're a sickening human being who has no standards for food quality and not fit to cook for others

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 22:22:37 »

yeah see I always prefer the burgers thick. I guess if you flatten them before they get cooked you preserve most of the juices though.

they actually aren't all that juicy, but juicy enough. really really good crust though which is like 50% of a good burger. all salty peppery maillardy goodness MMmhm

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 22:29:28 »

they actually aren't all that juicy, but juicy enough. really really good crust though which is like 50% of a good burger. all salty peppery maillardy goodness MMmhm
yeah crust is always good. with pretty much all other beef, I always go rare, but with ground beef, I definitely like it a medium, just cause ground beef just seems off when it isn't pretty cooked

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 22:35:04 »
for sure, texture is a bit strange with raw ground beef. chopped is a different story though. just... way too much of a pita to do so for more than one burger. pink but not red for burgs imo!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:18:18 »
Here's a silly question - if you get a burger with a stick placed vertically in the middle, what do you do with the stick?

Take it out and try not to drop bits of burger on the table?

Leave it in and try to eat around it without stabbing yourself in the gum?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:20:27 »
pretend it's not there and eat it

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:21:11 »
Here's a silly question - if you get a burger with a stick placed vertically in the middle, what do you do with the stick?

Slowly move it to the back of the burger as you eat it.
And then take it out and let everything go everywhere.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:21:36 »
pretend it's not there and eat it

Kinda awkward when it stabs you in the gum, your teeth start to hurt and there's blood dripping on to the table.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:23:38 »
Eat the burger in one bite

or

HTFU

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:24:31 »

Slowly move it to the back of the burger as you eat it.
And then take it out and let everything go everywhere.

So you should just lift the whole burger off the plate with the stick still in it and take a few bites, then put it back down on the plate, extract the stick, and poke it back in closer to the edge?

Sounds like a plan (if we ever go back to that burger place - the burgers were really nice apart from the stick).

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:28:03 »

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:28:52 »
you leave the restaurant and yell that you want a real burger as you exit the door and then go home and cry that there are people who abuse burgers like that in this cruel world :(

#savetheburgsfromstix

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:29:27 »
you leave the restaurant and yell that you want a real burger as you exit the door and then go home and cry that there are people who abuse burgers like that in this cruel world :(

#savetheburgsfromstix

burgers, the kittens of the food world!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:31:17 »

deconstruct it. Cut it up. Enjoy your burger salad

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:34:21 »
wait rowdy did you get served a club sandwich in burger form?

time to lawyer up

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 00:26:49 »
wait rowdy did you get served a club sandwich in burger form?

time to lawyer up

No, it was a burger, advertised as such, and with a rounded bun on top.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 12:25:56 »
but it had a stick. I dunno, man.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:37:57 »
I had this awesome burg. It was like two super thin smashed patties that were crispy. Might try doing that as a variation on the Seriouseats recipe

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline mauri

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 14:08:45 »
Went to hard rock cafe once, they had some kick ass burgers
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 14:11:38 »

I love you Shake Shack.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 14:16:17 »
smokestack so goood

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 17:40:23 »
Oh... now you're making me hungry for a burger. Damn you, I have only had fast food for dinner in the last three days already.

I usually slice a whole tomato and cook that in the frying pan until reduced enough to the size of one large slice with concentrated flavour, and then place that on the burger patty.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 18:00:37 »
smokestack so goood
Show Image

:eek:

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 18:43:25 »
Oh... now you're making me hungry for a burger. Damn you, I have only had fast food for dinner in the last three days already.

I usually slice a whole tomato and cook that in the frying pan until reduced enough to the size of one large slice with concentrated flavour, and then place that on the burger patty.

yeah tomatoes have too high water content, I do that too if I want tomato on my burgers.

flippin' burgers is pretty good, ever been? also flying elk in gamla stan has a pretty good burger too but it was a tad over-hyped imo.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:03:39 »
Who puts beetroot on their burgers?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:09:31 »
If you're in SoCal, you should try Father's Office burger if you haven't already.  Delicious as ****.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:13:56 »
Does this count?
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:14:30 »
This is a terrible thread and you should all feel bad.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:16:52 »
This is a terrible thread and you should all feel bad.

Agreed, considering I haven't had lunch.  :'(

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:52:05 »
flippin' burgers is pretty good, ever been? also flying elk in gamla stan has a pretty good burger too but it was a tad over-hyped imo.
I may be seen as a traitor to The Burger Cause.. but I'm actually a vegetarian.  :p For me a burger is a lot about the topping and meat flavour is unwanted.

Gamla Stan is too much of a overpriced tourist trap for me to eat there often. I used to work in Gamla Stan so I have had lunch practically everywhere in that area, but I think that Flying Elk must have opened after I left.
I also tend to avoid hipster joints suffering from amerofilia... ;)

I've used beetroot salad when I have been out of mayonnaise. The beetroot is boiled and chopped, then pickled, then drained and mixed with mayonnaise. It is a classic condiment to Swedish meatballs, often on sandwiches and especially in Christmas time, so why not with a flat large meatball in a bun? ;)

There is also a dish called "Biff a'la Lindström" which are fried patties of ground beef, mustard, pickled beet root (finely diced) and capers, often made also with an egg yolk in the batter to help keep it together. I sometimes do a vegetarian version of it. Would be an unusual taste for a burger though.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 20:20:55 »
I may be seen as a traitor to The Burger Cause.. but I'm actually a vegetarian.  :p For me a burger is a lot about the topping and meat flavour is unwanted.

Gamla Stan is too much of a overpriced tourist trap for me to eat there often. I used to work in Gamla Stan so I have had lunch practically everywhere in that area, but I think that Flying Elk must have opened after I left.

haha, yeah I agree - it's quite overpriced. flying elk opened just a few years ago, it's by the same people behind restaurant frantzén (so basically just frantzén I guess, but I think he opened it with lindeberg when he was co-owner of frantzén).
alright alright, flippin' burger is totally amerophile hipstery - BUT they make good burgers so you gotta give them that... even if you don't eat meat!
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 20:27:41 by munch »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:59:59 »

I've used beetroot salad when I have been out of mayonnaise. The beetroot is boiled and chopped, then pickled, then drained and mixed with mayonnaise. It is a classic condiment to Swedish meatballs, often on sandwiches and especially in Christmas time, so why not with a flat large meatball in a bun? ;)

There is also a dish called "Biff a'la Lindström" which are fried patties of ground beef, mustard, pickled beet root (finely diced) and capers, often made also with an egg yolk in the batter to help keep it together. I sometimes do a vegetarian version of it. Would be an unusual taste for a burger though.

You're not 'Murican though :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 00:14:55 »
80419-0

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 12:03:31 »
dang you totally wrecked that bottom bun. did you still manage to eat it with your bare hands?

Offline bear95

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 12:28:43 »
@op post. wasn't that the pic where some redditors (I believe) found a tiny hair in? lol

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 08:36:36 »
Does this count?
Show Image

! Where can I find this locally?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 09:01:12 »
Does this count?
Show Image

It looks like beef on a weck. They are delicious!

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 11:01:09 »
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 11:01:20 »
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 17:29:31 »
Does this count?
Show Image

Boathouse @ Kitsilano Beach.  ;D
I forgot the name, since the picture was taken about 2-3yrs ago, but it was under the Hamburger/sandwich section of the lunch?(or dinner menu, not sure). Some kind of roast beef dip sandwich with yam fries.  :)

If you go there, and will be getting dessert, I guarantee you will not be able to finish their brownie. It's fking huge!
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 October 2014, 17:33:23 by Zeal »