Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2247 times)

Offline anon90119

Hi everyone
« on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 22:17:00 »
Been looking around on geekhack for a while now. Recieved my first mech today. I thank you all for making keyboards my new obsession  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:02:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Which keyboard did you get?  What do you think of it so far?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:10:57 »
Welcome buddy  :thumb:

Make sure to check out the Simple questions Simple answers thread, tons of knowledge in there.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40501.0;topicseen
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline anon90119

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 11:49:49 »
I got a ducky shine 3 with browns. I wanted to get blues, but I dont think my girlfriend would have liked them since our bed is close to my computer. I really like it, I like how sturdy the keyboard is made and every key press feels so good.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 11:52:08 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 09:55:37 by esoomenona »

Offline Veridis

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 12:28:35 »
You thank us now, but just wait. You'll hate us for it soon enough.

I had one and was happy for 6 years. Joined Geekhack and bought 2 more right after.
But three keyboards is nothing, It's amazing how many keyboards people have here  :eek:
Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Brown) | CM Rapid-i (MX Brown) | Realforce 87u 45g Uniform | CM Novatouch | Ducky Zero TKL (MX Brown) | Das Keyboard III (MX Blue)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 12:32:35 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 09:29:20 by esoomenona »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 12:33:38 »
Strange, OP's post counter no work...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline anon90119

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:06:45 »

Yeah strange, when I posted the topic at first it seemed to bug, everyting froze and it was loading for ever. I went on the forum to see if the topic was there, and it was, so I closed the tab.

You thank us now, but just wait. You'll hate us for it soon enough.

Yeah, I already bought a sleeve and a braided cable. I'm even looking for a poker 2 for my tablet. Its an expensive hobby...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:08:15 »

Yeah strange, when I posted the topic at first it seemed to bug, everyting froze and it was loading for ever. I went on the forum to see if the topic was there, and it was, so I closed the tab.

Posts in Off Topic, New Member, and Classifieds subforums don't count towards the "official" post count listed below your avatar. Also, welcome to Geekhack anon90119. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:44:54 »
Posts in Off Topic, New Member, and Classifieds subforums don't count towards the "official" post count listed below your avatar.

Hmmm...interesting

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 01:01:25 »
Posts in Off Topic, New Member, and Classifieds subforums don't count towards the "official" post count listed below your avatar.

Hmmm...interesting

It's been that way for a while now.  We had, dare I say, people spamming  all the treads in new Members they could find with just "welcome" in order to boost their post count so they could sell something.

I got a ducky shine 3 with browns. I wanted to get blues, but I dont think my girlfriend would have liked them since our bed is close to my computer. I really like it, I like how sturdy the keyboard is made and every key press feels so good.

I have three Ducky Shines, one has had fairly heavy daily use for more than a year and is still going strong.  Very well built :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:05:40 »

Hmmm...interesting

It's been that way for a while now.  We had, dare I say, people spamming  all the treads in new Members they could find with just "welcome" in order to boost their post count so they could sell something.

I have three Ducky Shines, one has had fairly heavy daily use for more than a year and is still going strong.  Very well built :)

I see. Well that is a cool feature that Simple Machines allows for you to prevent spam...