Author Topic: Unicomp, Shipping, and Sour Grapes  (Read 9063 times)

Offline RoflCopter4

Unicomp, Shipping, and Sour Grapes
« on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 02:49:47 »
I'm here for no particular reason other than to vent the frustrations that cometh from being slightly north of a magical line in the dirt. For you see, there exists a wonderful company called Unicomp, of which I'm sure you're aware, and their equally wonderful keyboards are a product which I simply must have. However, as you are surely also aware, humans like to divide themselves up, and as it happens I ended up in a curious division called Canada. Unicomp, as it happens, exists in a different place down south, most often referred to as "America". Thing is, moving items from one place to another costs money. Moving heavy items costs more money. Moving heavy items across borders is monstrously expensive.

Right, so, simply put, the keyboard costs $79 USD, a good price. Shipping, however, costs another $55, which is ludicrous. If I lived a few hundred km south it would cost me $13, but alas, c'est la vie.

Furthermore, and now somewhat more seriously, it seems almost as though Unicomp ships with UPS. I would rather they rape my sister and break my legs than ship me anything with UPS. Anyone out there who has bought any of these in Canada? Is there some alternative?

I suppose I could just continue using mediocre Cherry MX Blue keys. Then again, I could also just eschew all material belongings and go live in a forest. I'd really rather not do either.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 03:08:15 by RoflCopter4 »
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline tbc

Re: Unicomp, Shipping, and Sour Grapes
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 02:58:27 »
i forgot what courier they used, but I got $40 shipping to BC, Canada about a year ago.

americans are not aware of how much it sucks to be a nonamerican keyboarder...BUT I DO!!!

send an email to their customer support.  I wrote to zmenchho at pckeyboard SEE OH EMM (this is understandable yes?)
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 03:01:01 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 03:38:17 »
My keyboard from Clicky Keyboards was about $70 to Australia. That is crossing an ocean, and it was with the insurance option. $50 to cross a land boarder WOW. If I were you I would make time for a driving holiday to the US and as a side task pick one up.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 04:02:27 »
Send them an email to have it shipped via USPS.

Or ask Unicomp to negotiate for a better rate, and whatever you do DO NOT HAVE IT SHIPPED UPS GROUND. IF UPS is the only option, the minimum would be to get it shipped UPS Saver (Air).

Or, you can ask them if they're willing to ship "DDP" meaning duties and taxes paid. You might have to front a bit more money (probably around $15), but at least UPS won't charge a single cent once they deliver.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 04:43:10 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I was going to say it costs more than that, sometimes a lot more, to ship large, heavy things to Australia, but fanpeople beat me to it.

At least if you did order, you should receive it in less than the 3 to 6 weeks it usually takes for stuff to reach Australia.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 07:43:59 »
The flat rate game board box from the US Post Office costs $17 domestic, $54 to Canada, and $78 anywhere else. I have come to accept this and do not ever anticipate it going down.

I have had keyboards delivered to Alaska from Atlanta in under 72 hours, but shipping from Buffalo to Toronto is a nightmare. There have been dozens of threads about this, "free trade zone" indeed! The majority of people tend to blame Canadian customs.

Personally, I find that UPS is often the preferable carrier for me when shipping east of the Mississippi River, but the zone charges add up quickly.

So far, I do not know of anyone who has found a way around it.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 08:18:15 »
Welcome to geekhack! Even if the unicomp keyboard would be a very good choice, if the shipping is a killer you could look for a model F or M on ebay. M will be like the unicomp (generaly speaking) and model F would be even better, but the downside is that they will not be usb and the model F is hard to find with a nice layout unless your budget grows. Depending on the model M you find, you could use it as is with your computer, or you could need an adapter or a converter. For the model F, you will definitely need a converter or more drastic method (changing the controller) to make it work. But it's a wonderful project in itself!

In the end, choose the Buckling spring keyboard that fits your needs and budget the most and go with it!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 09:48:15 »
I'm here for no particular reason other than to vent the frustrations that cometh from being slightly north of a magical line in the dirt. For you see, there exists a wonderful company called Unicomp, of which I'm sure you're aware, and their equally wonderful keyboards are a product which I simply must have. However, as you are surely also aware, humans like to divide themselves up, and as it happens I ended up in a curious division called Canada. Unicomp, as it happens, exists in a different place down south, most often referred to as "America". Thing is, moving items from one place to another costs money. Moving heavy items costs more money. Moving heavy items across borders is monstrously expensive.

Right, so, simply put, the keyboard costs $79 USD, a good price. Shipping, however, costs another $55, which is ludicrous. If I lived a few hundred km south it would cost me $13, but alas, c'est la vie.

Furthermore, and now somewhat more seriously, it seems almost as though Unicomp ships with UPS. I would rather they rape my sister and break my legs than ship me anything with UPS. Anyone out there who has bought any of these in Canada? Is there some alternative?

I suppose I could just continue using mediocre Cherry MX Blue keys. Then again, I could also just eschew all material belongings and go live in a forest. I'd really rather not do either.

I'd be happy to pay only that :) If you buy Unicomp and ship it to Europe, you pay $64 USD for shipping (at least that's what I paid last time I bought from them) + 23% VAT on a total sum you pay, which makes your $79 keyboard cost $175 delivered here. So don't complain :)
Elitekeyboards is not much better either. I recently ordered blank HHKB set from them and it turned out to cost 2€ per keycap after delivery and taxes. You can pretty much buy a whole keyboard for the price of a blank HHKB keycap.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 09:50:16 by czarek »
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 10:26:42 »
Get friends who visit the USA to grab it on their next visit down south.

I have several friends and family members that go between and they have no issues with me having something shipped to their American address for them to return it to me in Canada. That and it usually is within their allowed value of goods returning ($1000 after 1 week or something?) to Canada so there should be no extra tax.

Offline teejay17

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:08:31 »
i forgot what courier they used, but I got $40 shipping to BC, Canada about a year ago.

americans are not aware of how much it sucks to be a nonamerican keyboarder...BUT I DO!!!

send an email to their customer support.  I wrote to zmenchho at pckeyboard SEE OH EMM (this is understandable yes?)
Yeah, I had one shipped to Sudbury last week. All was well except for the UPS bit. Thankfully Purolator looks after the deliveries for UPS here in Sudbury, so it wasn't that bad.
However, the shipping is still a tough swallow. I was refunded $13 something from Unicomp, only to have to shell out $23 upon picking up package COD.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:45:17 »
In the UK we have to pay that much for shipping, and then pay a fee to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs depending on the value of the item, which is usually a minimum of £18. So you are looking at $80+ for shipping and customs charge.

I agree, it is stupid, but it is not only Unicomp. It's politics.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:48:41 »

Furthermore, and now somewhat more seriously, it seems almost as though Unicomp ships with UPS. I would rather they rape my sister and break my legs than ship me anything with UPS.

Horrible images, but...I understand completely.  :eek:
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:50:40 »

Horrible images, but...I understand completely.

Not me. Paying tribute is just part of life. Get over it.

Protect yourself and your loved ones at any cost.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:56:05 »
Send them an email to have it shipped via USPS.

Or ask Unicomp to negotiate for a better rate, and whatever you do DO NOT HAVE IT SHIPPED UPS GROUND. IF UPS is the only option, the minimum would be to get it shipped UPS Saver (Air).

Or, you can ask them if they're willing to ship "DDP" meaning duties and taxes paid. You might have to front a bit more money (probably around $15), but at least UPS won't charge a single cent once they deliver.

Do you think they'd do this? It would take longer but USPS would be ideal. I am very well aware of UPS and their, frankly, evil antics. Even if it were UPS Saver or somesuch they will still be far more likely to make me pay taxes and import duties (did someone say free trade?) than Canada Post, who just don't seem to care.

Get friends who visit the USA to grab it on their next visit down south.

I have several friends and family members that go between and they have no issues with me having something shipped to their American address for them to return it to me in Canada. That and it usually is within their allowed value of goods returning ($1000 after 1 week or something?) to Canada so there should be no extra tax.

Can't. I live in Edmonton, the border is a very long drive away.

Welcome to Geekhack!

I was going to say it costs more than that, sometimes a lot more, to ship large, heavy things to Australia, but fanpeople beat me to it.

At least if you did order, you should receive it in less than the 3 to 6 weeks it usually takes for stuff to reach Australia.

Possibly. I've had things take a ridiculously long time to get here to Canada from the states. A few months ago I had a pen (yes, a pen) take 7 and a half weeks to get to me. Most things take at least 3 weeks.

I'd be happy to pay only that :) If you buy Unicomp and ship it to Europe, you pay $64 USD for shipping (at least that's what I paid last time I bought from them) + 23% VAT on a total sum you pay, which makes your $79 keyboard cost $175 delivered here. So don't complain :)
Elitekeyboards is not much better either. I recently ordered blank HHKB set from them and it turned out to cost 2€ per keycap after delivery and taxes. You can pretty much buy a whole keyboard for the price of a blank HHKB keycap.

Hmmf. That is awful, but at least Europe has the excuse of being across an ocean. Canada does not share this.

Horrible images, but...I understand completely.

Not me. Paying tribute is just part of life. Get over it.

Protect yourself and your loved ones at any cost.

There was a small hint of sardonic hyperbole in my original post.
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 03:00:49 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Possibly. I've had things take a ridiculously long time to get here to Canada from the states. A few months ago I had a pen (yes, a pen) take 7 and a half weeks to get to me. Most things take at least 3 weeks.

Do do surprise me!

With geographically adjacent countries, I would have thought things would get across within a week.

It is not surprising that things take so long to get from the US to Australia, I think most of them come by boat, or airplane if we pay for express shipping.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 03:16:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do do surprise me!

With geographically adjacent countries, I would have thought things would get across within a week.

It is not surprising that things take so long to get from the US to Australia, I think most of them come by boat, or airplane if we pay for express shipping.

Everything goes by plane when it's USPS to int'l, unless they specifically sent it as surface mail. Only exception is Canada...it goes by truck, and is slower than those untracked int'l packages. -.-

@OP, I think unicomp would be willing to ship usps priority instead. It won't be much cheaper, but at least import taxes *shouldn't* be a problem. Yes, UPS saver will still charge you Customs + COD fee + tax on top of all that, but they won't charge you an eco fee for UPS ground.

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:03:50 »
Every order I make from Unicomp, I pick USPS in the drop down offered for shipping (and I'm in Texas).
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 22:14:42 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do do surprise me!

USPS sometimes sends things on a Magical Mystery Tour.  The HID headlight bulbs I ordered for my car this year shipped from Atlanta in the US, and came to me via Latvia (ie: the country in Europe).  I had other car parts leave the US and take a tour of south-east Asia before coming back to Canada.

UPS are butt rapists.  You can ask them for the customs paperwork and go clear the package yourself at any Border Services Agency (might be some other Gov places too, not sure).  UPS reps will probably put up a fuss, but they're not legally allowed to prevent you from getting the paperwork and clearing it yourself.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 03:47:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do do surprise me!

It's ridiculous, isn't it? Sometimes things slip through fairly quickly, but the vast majority of the time things take several weeks at least. You could easily ship from Detroit to Los Angeles far faster than you could ship from Detroit to Toronto.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Do do surprise me!

Everything goes by plane when it's USPS to int'l, unless they specifically sent it as surface mail. Only exception is Canada...it goes by truck, and is slower than those untracked int'l packages. -.-

@OP, I think unicomp would be willing to ship usps priority instead. It won't be much cheaper, but at least import taxes *shouldn't* be a problem. Yes, UPS saver will still charge you Customs + COD fee + tax on top of all that, but they won't charge you an eco fee for UPS ground.

I wish they could just do the cheapest thing possible, but USPS priority would be miles ahead of UPS or FedEx. I'll email them and ask. Have they actually done this before?

Welcome to Geekhack!

Do do surprise me!

USPS sometimes sends things on a Magical Mystery Tour.  The HID headlight bulbs I ordered for my car this year shipped from Atlanta in the US, and came to me via Latvia (ie: the country in Europe).  I had other car parts leave the US and take a tour of south-east Asia before coming back to Canada.

UPS are butt rapists.  You can ask them for the customs paperwork and go clear the package yourself at any Border Services Agency (might be some other Gov places too, not sure).  UPS reps will probably put up a fuss, but they're not legally allowed to prevent you from getting the paperwork and clearing it yourself.

I've read about that and thought about doing it that way, but I would really, really rather avoid the hassle in the first place. UPS just aren't worth it. I'll gladly pay to not have to use them for anything. Why do they even exist?
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 October 2014, 03:55:30 by RoflCopter4 »

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 03:48:33 »
Somehow this post posted twice. My apologies, just ignore me...
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 October 2014, 03:50:43 by RoflCopter4 »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 17:10:43 »
Sorry to reply to such an old thread—but as the OP did so not that long ago, I guess it's okay.

It is indeed wacky how much it costs to ship things from the States to Canada. For example, when I ordered a recent KB, it would've cost $40 to have it sent here, vs. $13 within the States... Into whose pockets does all that money go??

RolfCopter4, I take it you live impractically far from the States to use one of the many mail-receiving services just over the border? Here in Vancouver, my family and I often use Hagen's of Blaine in Blaine, WA. For a small yearly fee (currently $12, I think), they'll receive any mail for you and hold it as long as you require. After a week, I think they charge 50 cents per day to store it—but that's usually quite enough time for us to get down there.

It's then easy to personally import the merchandise through Customs. What's more, if you've stayed in the States for 24 hours or more, you're allowed up to $200 of merchandise duty-free. After 48 hours, the exemption rises to $800.

I can't vouch for receivers elsewhere, but for BC keyboard-maniacs, I can say Hagen's is quite honest, capable and friendly.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 21:38:08 »
Furthermore, and now somewhat more seriously, it seems almost as though Unicomp ships with UPS. I would rather they rape my sister and break my legs than ship me anything with UPS.
well now, that, is a strong statement.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 08:12:37 »
it seems almost as though Unicomp ships with UPS.

I would rather they rape my sister and break my legs than ship me anything with UPS.

well now, that, is a strong statement.

Indeed. Breaking one leg would be plenty.

I have never bought an actual keyboard from Unicomp, but all my orders for parts have come via the Post Office.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 05:37:04 »
Indeed. Similarly, Louisiana is known as The Pelican State, even though pelicans are found on all continents but Antarctica. That's just how stuff is.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline wyatt8740

• Machine code enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 14:32:16 »
If you need a 'murican to get one for you, and you ever have to go to Fort Wayne, Indiana (unlikely, I know...), I can get one for you.
I don't usually collect things, but when I do, they're from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. My typing speed: 79 WPM
IBM Model M 1386303, 1987 / IBM Model M 1391401, 1993 / IBM Model M 59G7980, 1993 / Unicomp "Mini M" UT40E7A (modded), 2021 / Dell AT101W, 1994 (Black Alps) / Apple Extended Keyboard (Orange Alps), 1987 / Sun Type 5, unknown year (Rubber Dome)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 14:40:45 »
Indeed. Similarly, Louisiana is known as The Pelican State, even though pelicans are found on all continents but Antarctica. That's just how stuff is.
ah, yes. relevant.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 04:30:12 »
Quote from: hwood34
ah, yes. relevant.

Well, no, not really. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit before someone decided to go out and do something nasty to UPS. These KB guys can be very suggestible. Also, I'd had a cocktail.