Author Topic: Cherry MX Clack Factory F2 Red on Ebay  (Read 3731 times)

Offline billnye

• ability man
Re: Cherry MX Clack Factory F2 Red on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:09:19 »
Most of the time I have seen an F2, and even on mine, the hole is closer to the center of the top. Has anyone else seen a hole like this? :-\

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:14:43 »
Most of the time I have seen an F2, and even on mine, the hole is closer to the center of the top. Has anyone else seen a hole like this? :-\

I have seen F2's with holes in weird positions on the top. This seems to be the most off-center I've seen though.

The FXE logo is also VERY faint.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:17:40 »
i have had two f2 reds, both legit, one the hole was in the center the second one was off center. This listing was removed so i couldnt even see it, seems fishy if he pulled it though.
sell out and eat ass

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:19:51 »
i have had two f2 reds, both legit, one the hole was in the center the second one was off center. This listing was removed so i couldnt even see it, seems fishy if he pulled it though.

I can still see it posted?  :-\

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:21:57 »

top link is broken for me for some reason, searched it through ebay. Looks legit though
sell out and eat ass

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:23:31 »

top link is broken for me for some reason, searched it through ebay. Looks legit though

It said it was removed for me when I clicked it as well, but then I clicked the link again and it went right to the listing  :confused:

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:24:22 »
And the bidding begins! That was fast.  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 22:03:52 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 22:04:36 »
inb4 troll by k3
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 22:11:28 »
I have a shot at my first clack... probably not though.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 22:19:56 »
I have a shot at my first clack... probably not though.

Thats what I was thinking! But I don't want to spend over $100, and I doubt it will stay below that  :p

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 22:34:03 »
People are nuts these days, I can't believe that factory second caps go for as much as regular skulls.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 22:50:26 »
People are nuts these days, I can't believe that factory second caps go for as much as regular skulls.

Actually it kinda makes sense, as each F2 Skull is unique.  Each one is a slightly different colour, or has other slight imperfections that make is unique.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:53:33 »
He said he mounted it once. Seriously?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:57:24 »
He said he mounted it once. Seriously?
Almost all of the ebay listings I have seen for click clacks say this. Not sure why they think it matters. They always say something like "taken out of original packing once just to take this picture" or something stupid like that.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 00:04:18 »
Hmm. Never seen the hole that far over before..

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 14:40:34 »
bid early, bid often.

F2 human:
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 14:20:23 »
...and sold for $132.5
... ...

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 12:06:36 »

...and sold for $132.5

Crazy price for a F2 haha

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 13:21:21 »
Click clacks=crazy price

I don't really get why everyone is freaking out, that is the price they go for now, whether you like it or not. If you have purchased click clacks for huge markups you are to blame for it getting this crazy... Unless you think complaining about it while continuing to purchase for inflated prices (that you find "acceptable") is somehow going to bring down prices. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 15:02:35 »
Noob question, but why are these so sought after and expensive?  Am I missing something?

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 17:20:09 »
Noob question, but why are these so sought after and expensive?  Am I missing something?

The information here might help.

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=8elgvd6nrt09ulf3th6pnih1ljtjgdkn&topic=63161.0
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 15:11:52 »

The information here might help.
really useful. It has very good introduce and pictures. Thank u!
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.