Author Topic: New mouse advice?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
New mouse advice?
« on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 14:02:29 »
So essentially, long story short, my Feenix Nascita that I went ahead and bought in March has already started to fail me. Not in terms of the hardware, but in terms of the material used on the side has begun to erode away and because of this, it is causing me problems when gaming for long periods of time. I've currently put it back in the box and I am using my old Zowie EC2 Evo.

My evo has a few scratches on it as I bought it over 1.5 years ago, so I need advice.

What is a good mouse to get, provided they meet the following specs:
  • It needs to look appealing
  • Function well
  • Have 2 side buttons
  • Adjustable DPI
  • A good scroll wheel
  • Preferably optical and not laser
你搞砸了

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: New mouse advice?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 14:07:35 »
G502
FK1
Avio 7000
IME3
Not a Rainbow Chroma Snake (DA) - get the 3.5G if you can
You know we have an input section right >_>
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 October 2014, 14:09:11 by the1onewolf »

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 23:42:04 »
Continue with the evo. Zowie evo EC1/2 and FK are great mice, you can't go wrong with them.

I can recommend the deathadder if you are into that kind of aesthetics. It has a near flawless sensor which you should meet no problems when using it apart from the high lift off distance which can be fixed with the tape fix.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:20:42 »
Continue with the evo. Zowie evo EC1/2 and FK are great mice, you can't go wrong with them.

I can recommend the deathadder if you are into that kind of aesthetics. It has a near flawless sensor which you should meet no problems when using it apart from the high lift off distance which can be fixed with the tape fix.

I might just go with the FK then, as there's a few light scratches on the left click on my current Zowie.

What are the differences between the FK Pro and the FK1? As I'll go ahead and purchase it next Friday. Just not 100% sold on the buttons on both the right and the left hand side, I prefer them to just be on the left.
你搞砸了

Offline Alex528

• HELLO YES I LIKE CLICKY KEYBOARD YES VERY NICE
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:46:31 »
They are on both sides because it is an Ambidextrous mouse. Just make sure you are ready to make the change because the EC2 is a right handed mouse and therefore has very different ergonomics.

Poker 2, SP PBT DSA, MX Blues.

Offline feizor

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 09:29:49 »
You can also consider Roccat Kone Pure Optical. But it has high lift off distance.

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 09:38:20 »
The logitech wheel is unbeatable.. So I'm generally stuck choosing between logitech mice.   mx performance has been my go to but the wireless g series mice seem like they might be a step up with the extra buttons.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 11:47:41 »
I despise the logitech wheel.

Steelseries Sensei for lyfe yo
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline KaLam1ty

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 12:04:08 »

I might just go with the FK then, as there's a few light scratches on the left click on my current Zowie.

What are the differences between the FK Pro and the FK1? As I'll go ahead and purchase it next Friday. Just not 100% sold on the buttons on both the right and the left hand side, I prefer them to just be on the left.

When you say FK Pro, are you actually talking about the FK2014? I don't recall them having a "Pro" model.
Just the FK2014 and FK1 as of now. The FK1 is actually a alternative successor to the FK2014.

After numerous request for a slightly larger body and ADNS-3310 Sensor, Zowie just decided to make a side/upgrade model; the FK1 -- which I recommend
over the 2014, as it now has native DPI for all settings and doesn't use magnified interpolation like previous models (2014 and below). This means, you no longer get
those weird 450, 1150 and 2300 DPI steps; which were slightly off based on what surface you used. All reports of weird tracking/latency on lower DPI seem to have
been resolved too (my guess was because the FK1 no longer uses interpolation on DPI to reach native DPI. The FK1 is native on all DPI settings).

Also, even though there are left and right side mouse buttons, you only use one side at a time. Meaning, if you set the FK1 to "Right Hand" mode, you only get
mouse4 and mouse5 on the left thumb buttons. The right two thumb buttons are disabled. Vice-versa if you enable the FK1 to "Left Hand" mode. They're small
enough that they don't seem to get in the way.

I would say, if you have the money to buy the premium of the FK1, just go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 15:15:45 »
what's the H0t mouse this year...

I've been rocking the mx500 got do long

Offline chickenNwaffles

Offline edwardpark8

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 03:21:13 »
i know you might want to move out of the EC series, but the EC1 is definitely a step up from the EC2. Feels more like a DA. Has everything you love about the EC2 and more!

Offline feizor

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 03:25:44 »
i know you might want to move out of the EC series, but the EC1 is definitely a step up from the EC2. Feels more like a DA. Has everything you love about the EC2 and more!

I thought the only difference was the size?