Author Topic: Another Aussie!  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Quackles

Another Aussie!
« on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 06:53:36 »
Hey!

Thought I'd introduce myself now that I've decided to post on here, even though I joined 4 years ago. Back then I was first looking for advice and hearing sound clips on mechanical switches to make my decision. I ended up getting the Filco Majestouch with blue switches back then for $200AUD!. Still have it now, however I have since added a Ducky Shine 3 (brown), 2x IBM Model M's (87') and 2x Poker II (red, clear). Still yet to add a topre keyboard to my collection! (if anyone in Sydney knows anywhere where you can test a topre keyboard let me know!).

Anywho, hope to stick around a bit and continue this expensive interest of mine.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Another Aussie!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 09:24:39 »
WHOA...REGISTERED 2010! :eek:

Welcome back to GeekHack! :thumb:

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 20:38:20 »
Welcome back, Quackles! Nice birthdate on your account, for sure!  :thumb:

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 21:22:01 »
Welcome back to GeekHack.

Four years addicted and still going strong. GeekHack will be your support group. Don't worry--we'll make sure you never break this addiction.
KBParadise V60 with Cherry MX Browns | Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds

Offline feizor

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 05:30:13 »
Try here, they stock the realforce, you can probably go in the store and have a go on it.

http://www.mechkb.com/contacts

Offline Quackles

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 08:31:25 »
Thanks for the welcome guys! Finally people who understand and share a similar interest!

Try here, they stock the realforce, you can probably go in the store and have a go on it.

http://www.mechkb.com/contacts
Completely forgot about them, even though I have ordered from them before. Thanks, will go and try it out!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 03:02:36 »
Welcome (back) to Geekhack!

Nice collection :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ