Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1644 times)

Offline nandop

• May your keystrokes always be true.
Hello!
« on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 20:15:14 »
 ;D Hi everyone, this website is awesome!

I've been looking for a PCB and am staggered to see how this community is able to create, develop, distribute, and provide support for the group ideas.

I love the 60% design, so I was looking at the GH60 PCB, FaceU, or NerD 60. I can't seem to find them anywhere and GonsKeyboard.com charges $25 for shipping to USA. =(

I was wondering if there are any PCBs being developed right now aside the Plank.  :D :D :D
Sprit 60%, White MX 78g Au | Planck Ortholinear 40% Clear MX | Phantom TKL Browns 110g Au

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 06:44:47 »
Welcome to GeekHack.

Have you looked at the Infinity keyboard on Massdrop?  It's a new project from GeekHack, much like the Ergodox, that comes as a kit with all the components for you to build it yourself. Included is the unique PCB of the Infinity keyboard. It's a pretty low price.

Infinity Keyboard Kit
KBParadise V60 with Cherry MX Browns | Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds

Offline nandop

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 12:35:31 »
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I saw it. It looks great! I think I'll get one of those. Watching these keyboards being develop is so exciting.  ;D

Also, do you know where I can print custom keycaps for it? I've been looking all over the forum and can't find a specific place where I can print a 3 layered keycap (i.e.) to use with function keys. I just forget what they are otherwise =(.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 October 2014, 12:38:19 by nandop »
Sprit 60%, White MX 78g Au | Planck Ortholinear 40% Clear MX | Phantom TKL Browns 110g Au

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 03:13:00 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do you also like 40%?  There is the JD40 that is doing the rounds at the moment.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nandop

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:21:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do you also like 40%?  There is the JD40 that is doing the rounds at the moment.

Yes, rowdy! I'm going to look for that. Do you have the link to it by any chance?

Offline Muzi

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 19:56:52 »
Welcome to GeekHack.

Offline nandop

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 00:23:07 »
Welcome to GeekHack.

Thank you, Muzi!

Offline JDorfler

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 12:43:04 »
Sir, your love potato needs to be made into a keycap.

Offline nandop

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 12:51:56 »

You have bestowed upon me a deep desire to fulfill your request. (Wow, that seriously needs better phrasing...)

I shall attempt it tonight!

Offline JDorfler

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 01:20:35 »

You have bestowed upon me a deep desire to fulfill your request. (Wow, that seriously needs better phrasing...)

I shall attempt it tonight!

Hmmm, I'll take a few of those if you do.  I do believe the "Love Potato" will be the new internet thing.  Let us all and go make it so.  Memes Galore!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 03:45:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yes, rowdy! I'm going to look for that. Do you have the link to it by any chance?

Sorry for the delay, I've been kinda busy :))

For a JD40, [CTRL]ALT is the place to go: https://ctrlalt.io/store/items/jd40

Not only can you buy all the bits, but they can put it together for you too, if you want.  And they are a great bunch of guys :)

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61202.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ