Author Topic: Do you ever get tired of your favorite keyboard?  (Read 4246 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Do you ever get tired of your favorite keyboard?
« on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 21:43:49 »
So I've got at least a dozen keyboards with multiple switches types and key cap material and by far my current 'favorite' is my daily driver that I've been using for almost 18 months now, a ducky shine 2 with stock clears and currently leopold thick pbt side print caps.

I'm just tired of typing on it and don't know what to do.  :-\

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: Do you ever get tired of your favorite keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 21:47:11 »
Pick a few you like and put them on a rotation.  I have my 5 boards on a rough rotation of about a month a piece.  Keeps it interesting and reminds me why I love this hobby so much. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 21:50:33 »
My problem is I usually only make it a couple days before I'm tired of any of my other keyboards. Guess I need to make the time to either mod something or build my lightsaver.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:27:15 »
I don't really have a favourite out of all my keyboards, but I've got a few that I prefer.

I just rotate them regularly, and swap keycaps every now and again, to keep things fresh.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:29:25 »
plate mounted rosewill, lubed black stems, clear springs, pbt dsa blanks, how could I get tired of that?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:52:46 »
Topre.
Need I say any more?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:54:04 »
Topre.
Need I say any more?
I got tired of topre pretty quick actually. :P

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 23:01:05 »
Topre.
Need I say any more?

Tried it at Hoffmans meetup, wasn't really impressed to drop that kind of cash on one.  Probably because I don't type for a paycheck.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 23:03:18 »
Topre.
Need I say any more?

Tried it at Hoffmans meetup, wasn't really impressed to drop that kind of cash on one.  Probably because I don't type for a paycheck.

It isn't something that really struck me in awe at first either but it slowly settled in and soon became one of my favourite switches.
Maybe it's me trying to counteract buyer's remorse and justifying my purchase but either way I do really like the switches.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 23:09:15 »
Just have a few keyboards with switches very different from each other, so if ever you are feeling bored, just swap off. I do not get tired of my boards since each one has such a different typing experience.

I would get tired of my keyboard very fast if it was my only one, even if it's my favorite switch/keyboard.

Offline Tony

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 00:35:05 »
We become keyboard collectors for the same reason.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 00:50:33 »
I'm a bit tired of my Code w/ Clears, honestly.

But every time I try a different keyboard, I go back to it after a few minutes. So meh, I'm just gonna stick with it.

TBH, I'd love to rock an Apple Aluminum for a while, just wish they made a decent PC version.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 04:11:28 »
I haven't yet got tired of my daily driver and hope I never will... KBT Pure Limited with added plate, swapped LED's, stickered 62g ErgoClears.

I suggest modding the Clears with Black springs or 62g Korean. May give you enough of a tactile difference to fall in love with it again.

I would have suggested trying some new keycaps, but those Leopold caps are great.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 05:48:54 »
I had a Realforce 89s (30g JIS) for over a year then sold it a month ago.
Picky fingers are picky

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 06:39:32 »
Get tired of a favorite keyboard? Yes, but i just switch to a different topre board. I'll usually plug in a board and play a round of typeracer before any heavy typing to see what im in the mood for that day.
sell out and eat ass

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 07:02:49 »
I actually do sometimes. I'll use one of my other boards for a few weeks and be reminded how much better my regular board is, and inevitably I come crawling back to her :))

Offline MahBoi

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:19:05 »
I get tired of all my keyboards eventually. Good thing I have 20 or so to rotate between.  ;D

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:21:29 »
I think that I've bought and sold enough keyboards early on that I haven't had much time with any of them :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:28:43 »
I think that I've bought and sold enough keyboards early on that I haven't had much time with any of them :p

You're not alone. I'm enjoying thsi new HHKB that hopefully I won't have to sell it

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:30:11 »

^^ This is exactly what I wonder about, although I've kept most of my recent boards so I can still pull them out to try again, maybe I might like another one of them now.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:30:50 »
Get tired....of favorite keyboard? IMPOSSIBLE. I get tired of bad keyboards like this Cherry MX-Board 3.0 that I type on at work. Keep forgetting to bring another board in. It's just slightly better than my Ergo4k but still bad.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:32:33 »
Get tired....of favorite keyboard? IMPOSSIBLE. I get tired of bad keyboards like this Cherry MX-Board 3.0 that I type on at work. Keep forgetting to bring another board in. It's just slightly better than my Ergo4k but still bad.

Do you like the low profile caps on that board?

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:32:44 »
Try the model F. It will be a revelation.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:33:46 »

^^ This is exactly what I wonder about, although I've kept most of my recent boards so I can still pull them out to try again, maybe I might like another one of them now.
well, a few of my earliest I got before my typing form improved, so I had a bunch of boards with heavy switches, but just bought a Dolch and about to get my first LZ, so hopefully I'll have those for a while.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:33:54 »

I have seriously been tempted but most off them are more than I want to spend to just try something out.

Offline osi

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:35:09 »
Use a cheap rubber dome for a few weeks. Coming back to any mech should be a refreshment I would think

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:37:13 »
Do you like the low profile caps on that board?

So the caps on this Cherry MX-Board 3.0 are pad printed Devlin caps I think? I like the profile on them. They're like what DSA should be in my opinion. But the pad printing is no good. My A and S keys are starting to wear. And the caps shine horribly fast.

If these were in doubleshot ABS or a nice smooth dyesubbed PBT, I'd be happier with them.

Also I really wish I brought another board in because I'm sick of this one.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:39:46 »

I have seriously been tempted but most off them are more than I want to spend to just try something out.

Well that's what I was thinking when I bought my first model F. I went for an XT for this reason. BUT, well the model F is an experience in itself and I have yet to see someone post that he didn't like his model F experience. Also, if you are patient enough, you can get a model F with AT layout of F122 layout for under 100$ (shipping can make it vary, but in the US it should be better for you) and all you need to make it work is an 8$ pro-micro clone, a micro-usb cable and 1 hour of your time (or 2-3h if it's the first time you make a Soarer converter).

So all in all, I am 99% sure that's less money that you have spend on MOST of your mechanical keyboard and the experience is way worth it in my opinion.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:44:01 »
After trying many keyboards, I've narrowed the field to a few favorites. I have a rotation among these at work and at home. Sometimes, I slip a non-favorite into the mix -- this strategy usually results in reinforcing my original choices. The keyboards that repeatedly disappoint are culled out for sale. This enrichment process has brought a few to the top of the heap: RF 87ub 55g, HHKB Pro 2, IBM XT, and IBM SSK. I like all the keyboards in this select group, but after using one for a while, I tire of it and yearn for one of the others; at that point, I rotate again.

Offline skuko

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 09:01:18 »
i've only used mx boards so far, but out of all the filcos i've had, i have settled into the mx red TKL at home and MX black at work.

then i was trying out different types of keycaps, settled into IMSTO thick PBT cherry profile.

haven't had the urge to change in months now, but last week i finally pulled the trigger on my first topre, FC660C. will see how i like that.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 09:24:16 »
Like anything else important to us, it's like a relationship. Things aren't as hot and steamy as the beginning. You might feel disconnected at some times. The grass might seem greener on the other side. But when it really comes down to it, you remember why you chose that board in the first place. :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 09:25:02 »
Did it just get sessy in here? Lastpilot getting a little sassy ;)

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 09:44:28 »
When I was using MX switches, I would change out boards fairly regularly. Now that I've settled on Topre switches, that desire has largely subsided. I swapped the Realforce 87U Silent I used at work in favor of an HHKB, mostly because I wanted to try the layout and standard Topre switches. I'm liking it enough to sell the Realforce.

I've thought about switching up the modded RF I use at home, but those thoughts go away as soon as I start typing or gaming on it. It is, far and away, the best keyboard I have ever used.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 09:49:33 »
Did it just get sessy in here? Lastpilot getting a little sassy ;)
You know me, I just can't help myself. It gets all kinds of sessy and sassy when I'm around.  :))

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 09:50:32 »
Nope, not at all... Otherwise it woudn't be my favorite keyboard I think.
I have a HHKB Pro1 at work and a pro2 at home and they have noticable differences!

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 10:03:33 »
No. Or not yet at least...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 10:05:18 »
If you really think about it, all keyboards are bull****. We don't even really know what a favorite keyboard is. Why do you think this site exists? We're all striving to find a shinier piece of **** than the normal mundane **** we use everyday. No matter how many plastic ****caps you put on your ****board, in the end, it's still ****.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 10:39:13 »
So I've got at least a dozen keyboards with multiple switches types and key cap material and by far my current 'favorite' is my daily driver that I've been using for almost 18 months now, a ducky shine 2 with stock clears and currently leopold thick pbt side print caps.

I'm just tired of typing on it and don't know what to do.  :-\

Not entirely, I've been using a 75% board for the past 1.5 years and recently I've kind of been forced to switch to a TKL board and now I miss my 75% board as I do not like typing on TKL boards what so ever, they're just not as comfortable for me and I would much rather type on a 75% but heh, it is what it is.
你搞砸了

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:52:20 »
I try to use different switches, at least, on each of my active keyboards.

MX greens at work.

MX blacks on my Mac.

MX blues on my games PC.

MX reds on my server.

It adds a little variety.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dgreekstallion

• B.S. Fiend
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 20:41:24 »

Well that's what I was thinking when I bought my first model F. I went for an XT for this reason. BUT, well the model F is an experience in itself and I have yet to see someone post that he didn't like his model F experience. Also, if you are patient enough, you can get a model F with AT layout of F122 layout for under 100$ (shipping can make it vary, but in the US it should be better for you) and all you need to make it work is an 8$ pro-micro clone, a micro-usb cable and 1 hour of your time (or 2-3h if it's the first time you make a Soarer converter).

So all in all, I am 99% sure that's less money that you have spend on MOST of your mechanical keyboard and the experience is way worth it in my opinion.
I agree with everything you said. I love my Model F-122. I never get tired of typing on it.

Recent keyboard fanatic.

Model F-122 convert.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 20:57:45 »
I used to own a KMAC with ergo Clears, but I donated it to Glissant. At KeyCon West, I got a chance to try out Cody's KMAC with Blacks. He mentioned that he might be putting it up for sale, so when he did, I bought it. It is now my daily driver, and my favorite keyboard of all. I put Cherry WoB keycaps on it, and I don't feel the need to switch to any other keyboard or keycaps. Previous to that, I was using an HHKB as my daily driver, but the linear KMAC is so nice, I just can't stop using it.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 21:00:17 »
I get tired of my Type-S every now and then, but only for like an hour or two, then I'm back on it again. It's really nice to go back to Topre after using MX or BS for a little while.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 08:01:08 »
I don't care. My favorite keyboard is whatever feels most comfortable for the task. If it doesn't feel comfortable anymore, it's time to (a) swap things around for a while, or (b) fix the problem (custom keyboard Soon(TM)).

For example, I have three "favorite" pointing devices (Kensington Slimblade trackball, Roccat Savu and Roccat Lua), but I can't use any of them exclusively, because my primary clicking finger would get strained then. The same thing about keyboards—I rotate TypeMatrix 2030, ErgoDox and Noppoo Choc Mini in a way.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 08:04:17 »
I used to own a KMAC with ergo Clears, but I donated it to Glissant. At KeyCon West, I got a chance to try out Cody's KMAC with Blacks. He mentioned that he might be putting it up for sale, so when he did, I bought it. It is now my daily driver, and my favorite keyboard of all. I put Cherry WoB keycaps on it, and I don't feel the need to switch to any other keyboard or keycaps. Previous to that, I was using an HHKB as my daily driver, but the linear KMAC is so nice, I just can't stop using it.

I too love my KMAC. Still my favorite Korean Custom keyboard :D

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 10:44:18 »
Having only one keyboard makes it a simple solution to your dilemma.

ahah
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 October 2014, 10:51:40 by Lpwl »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 13:42:23 »
A Poker X at home and a FC660M at the office, I am a bit tired of both. Waiting for the upcoming Infinity that should arrive in Jan...

Offline jameslr

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 14:00:58 »
My only concern with sticking to one keyboard for too long is I have so many that I like. My current daily driver is a Novatouch with leopold cherry profile PBT. I use a Filco TKL with clears and GMK dolch at work. On my mac I have an HHKB Pro 2. I traded my RF 87U 55g for the HHKB because I missed mine. I swap it out with my work Filco now and then, but I still like them both.

I haven't gotten tired of this Novatouch since I bought it. It's wonderful to type on.I would really like to get some different caps for it to try something new but I doubt I would like them as well as I like these Leo caps.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Veridis

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 20:11:34 »
My only concern with sticking to one keyboard for too long is I have so many that I like. My current daily driver is a Novatouch with leopold cherry profile PBT. I use a Filco TKL with clears and GMK dolch at work. On my mac I have an HHKB Pro 2. I traded my RF 87U 55g for the HHKB because I missed mine. I swap it out with my work Filco now and then, but I still like them both.

I haven't gotten tired of this Novatouch since I bought it. It's wonderful to type on.I would really like to get some different caps for it to try something new but I doubt I would like them as well as I like these Leo caps.

What are your feelings towards the Realforce and Novatouch? I've been using a RF 87U 45g at work this week, and somehow the Novatouch feels a little snappier even though they are the same 45g switches.
I'm waiting for the leopold caps to arrive and will be using it on the Novatouch too!
Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Brown) | CM Rapid-i (MX Brown) | Realforce 87u 45g Uniform | CM Novatouch | Ducky Zero TKL (MX Brown) | Das Keyboard III (MX Blue)

Offline jameslr

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 20:12:35 »

What are your feelings towards the Realforce and Novatouch? I've been using a RF 87U 45g at work this week, and somehow the Novatouch feels a little snappier even though they are the same 45g switches.
I'm waiting for the leopold caps to arrive and will be using it on the Novatouch too!

I think they are both awesome keyboards.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Veridis

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 20:17:21 »

I think they are both awesome keyboards.
[/quote]

Fully agree with that, even though I use the RF at work, I still look foward to using the Novatouch at home!
Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Brown) | CM Rapid-i (MX Brown) | Realforce 87u 45g Uniform | CM Novatouch | Ducky Zero TKL (MX Brown) | Das Keyboard III (MX Blue)