Author Topic: WASD  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Mesort

WASD
« on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:32:26 »
I'm searching for a keyboard for a month. Finnally i found one. Im ordering a Wasd tenkeyless customized keyboard. You guys have any idea about WASD and its quality? I heard that they only have ABS caps is that bad? Need all opinions and ideas!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: WASD
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:42:33 »
Reasonably good.

Keycaps have been known to leave a little to be desired, although I believe they have improved recently.

What, specifically, were you looking for in a keyboard?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:43:29 »
The only real issue people have with WASD is the keycaps. The keyboard itself is actually really good quality
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline JDorfler

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:45:43 »
They're very nice.  If you don't like the key caps you can you always replace them.  I have one with two more on the way.

Offline Mesort

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:47:05 »
They're very nice.  If you don't like the key caps you can you always replace them.  I have one with two more on the way.

where can i find a full keycap set for those keyboards in same colours?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 22:48:01 »
The only real issue people have with WASD is the keycaps. The keyboard itself is actually really good quality

Keycaps used to be only engraved, then he added the option for etching. More recently, he switched to a UV printing process. I think a full hardcoat over a keycap legend is excellent and have some evidence that it's really long lasting. If you only want your keycaps to last for 5 years of hard use (7 days a week 18 hours a day) then they will be fine. If you use your computer less (like at work, 40 hours a week) then it should last longer. I figure that longevity like that is well worth the price.

Build quality is great. They are from costar (or were for the V1. I am reasonably sure they used costar as the OEM for V2, but have no real proof) and are of good quality. Should outlast your need for it, I think.

Enjoy!

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 23:06:47 »
The boards are really nice quality. And if you don't feel like getting the keycaps that come with them (as many have said the quality is meh) you can always get the barebones board and choose some high quality caps to go along with it. I thought about getting a V2 before settling on a Ducky.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline JDorfler

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 13:37:39 »

I do believe if you go to the key-cap section of this forum there is a sticky on some places to buy key-caps.

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 13:40:23 »
I bought a bare bones WASD and bought different key caps for it. The WASD body is really sturdy and high quality feeling.

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:56:32 »

I do believe if you go to the key-cap section of this forum there is a sticky on some places to buy key-caps.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45672.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 14:57:43 »
have a WASD v2 Brilliant!

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 23:02:49 »
As aforementioned, they are really nice keyboards. Why do you want keycaps in the same exact colors though? Feel free to experiment with different color schemes and make the keyboard your own.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170