Author Topic: WTS: TEX yoda trackpoint, Al case, $320 (open to trades)  (Read 5910 times)

Offline gcb

• Trade Count: (0)
WTS: TEX yoda trackpoint, Al case, $320 (open to trades)
« on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 23:01:18 »
selling my mass drop tex yoda

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tex-yoda

it is already finely assembled.

It has clears on all char keys and mx blacks on all modifiers.

the mouse button has brows. I installed the optional leds, obviously.

why i am selling you may ask? because i'm going full ergo dox. already have one at work and now want one at home, one in the kitchen, one in the car, everywhere!

that reminds me, i can also trade for an ergo dox. assembled or not!

comes with:
- very nice usb cable with beautiful ferrite core in red case at the end.
- 4 or more trackpad tips. all different. i'm using one that i never saw on thinkpads. very nice.
- original keycaps that were installed after assembly and never removed. they have the Fn-alternate label on front.
- has a integrated usb hub. 2 ports. i use a gaming mouse and a drawing tablet. table is much organized now.
- original box and packaging.
- the remaining parts that MD sent extra. incl the broken touchpad if you want try to fix it and add to another board.

this one arrived with the trackpoint broken because the shipping box press against it. mass drop sent a new one so that is guaranteed to be perfect. probably better than the ones that survived the trip with the original.

everything is meticulously assembled as i was hopping that would be my main board. Also i assembled every switch with a led in it so that all the holes line up perfect if later you wish to have back-lighting, soldering the leds will be a breeze. i hate when i have to fight the leds to go trhu the switch and board... and that is the level of perfectionist assembler you are dealing with :)

I paid exactly $280.63
$199 MD final price
$50 for switches
$20 shipping
$11 tax
So you are paying less than $40 for assembly. it took me more than 4 hours. so i'm making less than McDonalds.  :eek:

I used the board for less than two weeks. I will probably use it if i can't sell/trade and you guys only low ball me :D but for now it is on the original box, under the foam pads.

I can deal locally on SoCal or Bay Area.

edit: finally took pics

front, usb cable. removed a few caps to show the switches i used. top rown and pinky chars (e.g. tab) are brow. all other chars and return: clear. modifiers: black. mouse buttons: brown, brown, clear (i like the left one to be more pronouced)

the key layout is configurable. look up the manual online. it has a bunch of DIP switches underneath

side. showing the arrow indicator led. when that mode is on, the bottom right keys are arrows.

other side. caps lock led.

under. no sign of use at all.

there is a single case screw missing from the 8... it arrived with 2 less and i dumbly only told MD that one was missing. i can ask for the missing one if you want... honestly, makes no difference.

and here it is finally with the forum name + date... on top of the original box and with two cables on the usb hub just to show the nice strap that also goes with board. it has the nicest velcro i've seen. no idea how it is called.

edit: i may also trade for a matias mini quiet plus "cash"
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 October 2014, 20:09:09 by gcb »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:53:32 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:04:13 by esoomenona »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: WTS: TEX yoda trackpoint, Al case, $320 (open to trades)
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 22:35:21 »
I think you're going to struggle at that price mate.

I could get a kit with switches and assembly for less than $275 if I went and bought one from Massdrop right now.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 23:21:18 »
You mean no switches came with the Yoda kit? Well, that's a bummer.

Offline gcb

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 12:22:38 »
I think you're going to struggle at that price mate.

I could get a kit with switches and assembly for less than $275 if I went and bought one from Massdrop right now.

i outline the exact price you will pay on mass drop on my post.
I paid exactly $280.63
$199 MD final price
$50 for switches
$20 shipping
$11 tax
So you are paying less than $40 for assembly. it took me more than 4 hours. so i'm making less than McDonalds.  :eek:
Not to mention i waited what? 2? 3 months for MD to finally deliver. Plus 1 mo to get a replacement trackpad (because yours will be broken as they are reusing boxes from another model that do not protect it). and then did i mention the replacement parts came without some SMD components that you need to desolder from the broken one and move back... so unless you have reflow equipment you are in for a bad time :) all in all, i can say my work is now better than what i would get from a factory worker. :D modesty aside.

btw, i already got offers for the price, but i'm really trying to get a ergo dox kit/keyboard traded locally. as buying those is a hassle i don't like

also, no offer was ignored :)
i did lost one message when cleaning up inbox though but that is solved.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 November 2014, 12:27:39 by gcb »

Offline MrMen

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 16:31:57 »
pm'd

Offline ObjectiveCNerd

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 00:42:58 »
I'm sure this is a super long shot, I figured it was worth a try :). Any chance the Tex Yoda is still for sale?