Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873200 times)

Offline yester64

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1550 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 20:18:32 »
Battlefied 3. Nice game even though i suck at it. But i love it.

highest score is usually abusing sniper spots with a phoenix down guy.

If you're running around by urself, you're doing it wrong.. you'll always get pwned..  Get into a squad with zappers.

I actually tried squads but so far i have iTeam fighter. For the moment i just browse servers to find the right one. Not easy but i know there are some that are moderated.
What worries me is only that Battlefield degrades like Call of Duty. Now there is already another one coming. I loved Battlefield 2 and i still miss the quad leader position in which you were able to call in strikes, supplies and most importantly were able to order your squad.

Anyway, i enjoy the game so far even though i get killed a lot. I don't mind that but of course i want to get better so i can enjoy it even more. :)
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1551 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 02:16:06 »

If you're running around by urself, you're doing it wrong.. you'll always get pwned..  Get into a squad with zappers.

I actually tried squads but so far i have iTeam fighter. For the moment i just browse servers to find the right one. Not easy but i know there are some that are moderated.
What worries me is only that Battlefield degrades like Call of Duty. Now there is already another one coming. I loved Battlefield 2 and i still miss the quad leader position in which you were able to call in strikes, supplies and most importantly were able to order your squad.

Anyway, i enjoy the game so far even though i get killed a lot. I don't mind that but of course i want to get better so i can enjoy it even more. :)

Are you playing DM or Capture

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #1552 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 10:39:58 »
MINECRAFT!

I'm still playing too. Sometimes I wish I played this game with people. But then I remember people like to grief. Damn people.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1553 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 11:03:52 »
MINECRAFT!

I'm still playing too. Sometimes I wish I played this game with people. But then I remember people like to grief. Damn people.

You just have to play with the right people. We should start a geekhack server.

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #1554 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 13:35:26 »
MINECRAFT!

I would be all over that.  :)

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #1555 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 13:59:09 »
MINECRAFT!

Let's make it happen! I dunno if I could host though. Leaving the computer on for all day, every day doesn't sound like it would work.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1556 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 14:10:11 »
MINECRAFT!

Let's make it happen! I dunno if I could host though. Leaving the computer on for all day, every day doesn't sound like it would work.

IIRC there IS a GeekHack server, but it's whitelisted. I think you have to request access in #geekhack_Minecraft or something like that in Freenode.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline yester64

« Reply #1557 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:36:49 »

Are you playing DM or Capture

I prefer Rush or Conquest.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1558 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 19:23:15 »
Got into Warframe recently(I blame Binge), so that's pretty much what I've been playing for the past few days.

I did try the BF4 beta, could turn out to be more fun than BF3, but the beta didn't really interest me enough to drag me away from Warframe.

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #1559 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 20:34:13 »
Finally beat the first and second bosses in Rogue Legacy! Only.. three more to go (before NG+). I am so bad at this game. :(

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1560 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 09:48:40 »
On PC it's

Battlefield 2
Battlefield 3

And of course, Quake III Arena and Counter Strike.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline yester64

« Reply #1561 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 21:57:11 »
Got into Warframe recently(I blame Binge), so that's pretty much what I've been playing for the past few days.

I did try the BF4 beta, could turn out to be more fun than BF3, but the beta didn't really interest me enough to drag me away from Warframe.

Whats Warframe? Mod?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1562 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 22:07:23 »
tf2, but no longer

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1563 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 22:52:57 »

Whats Warframe? Mod?

Third person shooter, free to play, very well done. Tutorial doesn't really give you a good taste of it, so don't write it off after the tutorial like I did at first. The brilliant bit is that while it's F2P, you don't really get it shoved in your face like Blacklight: Retribution or something. The more you pay the less fun you have, since at the moment a lot of the fun, at least for me, comes from crafting new frames and weapons, and then working out new playstyles.
Still in open beta though, so if you try it out expect some bugs and crashes along the way, as well as more content. It could really use some more mission variety with different pacing imo.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1564 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 10:32:50 »
Been playing a ton of Hexxit with some friends.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #1565 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 10:54:38 »
Doom
Quake
Master of Orion 2
Neverwinter Nights
Kohan
Battlezone 2
Quake 3 Arena
Worms World Party

...and so on and so forth

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1566 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 02:31:55 »
Doom
Quake
Master of Orion 2
Neverwinter Nights
Kohan
Battlezone 2
Quake 3 Arena
Worms World Party

...and so on and so forth

OMFG!!!!!!!! BATTLEZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nostalgia mode activated....... I seriously played the **** out of the first remake game in 1998 when I was a kid... Thank you for the memories.

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #1567 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 07:28:00 »
I seriously played the **** out of the first remake game in 1998 when I was a kid

Sounds pretty much like what I did, lol :-).  You should try downloading the Forgotten Empires community expansion and going through the new campaign.  If you're a Battlezone fan, you'll have a blast, though it's incredibly difficult.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1568 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 08:27:25 »
Rogue Legacy is so fun, but what is this feeling like I want to punch a box of puppies??

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #1569 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:13:49 »
Rogue Legacy is so fun, but what is this feeling like I want to punch a box of puppies??

How did I forget to mention Rogue Legacy; I just got done playing it before checking the forum!

The fewest number of children I've beaten the game with is 7, so see if you can beat that :-).

Offline yester64

« Reply #1570 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 12:21:57 »
I started to play Fallout 2. Battlefield 3 is good but i can't play it all the time.

Offline Kian

• Business Man
« Reply #1571 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 13:02:37 »
Haven't found myself playing that many games lately. The only game that I have been playing however is Garrys Mod recently, I just find it fun since there is a lot of different game modes inside the game.

Poker II with Cherry MX Browns

Offline xandr

« Reply #1572 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:16:45 »
The game I spend most time with is World of Warcraft… Probably comes with the job though. :)
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #1573 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:18:20 »

How did I forget to mention Rogue Legacy; I just got done playing it before checking the forum!

The fewest number of children I've beaten the game with is 7, so see if you can beat that :-).

I just beat the second boss for the first time, so... not so much. :p

Also, seeing people talk about it "in the wild" makes me so happy!!  :D

[Full disclosure, I did "unofficial" marketing and PR for Rogue Legacy. Check the credits!]

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1574 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:18:27 »
I seriously played the **** out of the first remake game in 1998 when I was a kid

Sounds pretty much like what I did, lol :-).  You should try downloading the Forgotten Empires community expansion and going through the new campaign.  If you're a Battlezone fan, you'll have a blast, though it's incredibly difficult.

I'll definitely look into it! I honestly haven't played a Battlezone game since like 1999, and no, I'm not exaggerating, but I love nostalgia and classic games so I'll be sure to look into it. Thank you for the recommendation!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1575 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 00:50:07 »

[Full disclosure, I did "unofficial" marketing and PR for Rogue Legacy. Check the credits!]

>:D How do you beat any boss in this game?

And the entire game in 7 generations?
37922-0

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #1576 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 10:54:16 »

Cool!  Definitely one of the best games to come out in recent times.

>:D How do you beat any boss in this game?

And the entire game in 7 generations?
(Attachment Link)

It took me way more than that the first few times I played, but I've wasted so many weekends on it that taking out all the enemies is like muscle memory, lol.

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #1577 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 13:03:44 »
It took me way more than that the first few times I played, but I've wasted so many weekends on it that taking out all the enemies is like muscle memory, lol.

:eek:

Holy **** dude that's awesome! You should tweet that at them or post it on the subreddit! Makes me wonder what the "world record" is for lives on this game...

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #1578 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 13:20:59 »
Holy **** dude that's awesome! You should tweet that at them or post it on the subreddit! Makes me wonder what the "world record" is for lives on this game...

I know that in older versions of the game, there was a glitch with the fourth (hardest, IMO) boss where you could essentially immobilize him until he was dead, and the speedrun world record holder was able to beat it in 13 minutes, 41 seconds with 4 children.

However, once that glitch was fixed, the same guy was able to do it in 21 minutes, 10 seconds with 7 children, so as far as I know, I'm tied with the world record for children.

http://www.twitch.tv/smitetv/c/2581669

He essentially takes advantage of the shinobi's super-high attack strength, though I usually have better luck with the barbarian king or regular ol' knight.

Edit:  Though he did use a gamepad, while I just use my keyboard, so I can probably say I have the world record while using a keyboard, lol.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 October 2013, 13:25:33 by abdulmuhsee »

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1579 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 15:53:35 »
Currently playing Vindictus. Not a well known game, but the combat style and graphics for a DX9 game is quite amazing.

And of course, a bit of minecraft with some guildies when we get bored :p
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline tormentor

« Reply #1580 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 16:04:39 »
Ever since my thread on visually appealing games a handful.  :p atm Mirror's Edge and Bastion. I see what everyone meant.

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #1581 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 22:48:17 »
I know that in older versions of the game, there was a glitch with the fourth (hardest, IMO) boss where you could essentially immobilize him until he was dead, and the speedrun world record holder was able to beat it in 13 minutes, 41 seconds with 4 children.

However, once that glitch was fixed, the same guy was able to do it in 21 minutes, 10 seconds with 7 children, so as far as I know, I'm tied with the world record for children.

http://www.twitch.tv/smitetv/c/2581669

He essentially takes advantage of the shinobi's super-high attack strength, though I usually have better luck with the barbarian king or regular ol' knight.

Edit:  Though he did use a gamepad, while I just use my keyboard, so I can probably say I have the world record while using a keyboard, lol.

You sire are a goddamned beast! :eek:

You should record one of your crazy runs and upload it to youtube.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1582 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 00:58:40 »
Playing through Outlast. The beginning of the game is pretty standard horror fare, using the tiresome 'unexpected thing makes the player jump' scare tactics and I was about to give up on it. But after the first hour or so the game really comes into it's own and takes a wonderful turn for the atmospheric unknown, creeping dread, and portrays some truly disturbing visuals and concepts. I would defiantly recommend it if you're looking for some thrills or like the idea of being defenseless and hunted. There are some moments where I let out an audible "what the ****" which is always a sign things are going well. The game's extremely violent and full of high levels of gore, but it's really the ideas that aren't directly mentioned that are the most disturbing. It's not in subtext or representational notions like in Silent Hill, but contextual to what the player can piece together from the scraps of files and notes that are littered around the hospital/jail/experimental torture site and the things/people you see. So far so good, and remember: always play with headphones in the dark, like a man.

Next up its Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs followed by System Shock 2, so it's going to be a good couple of weeks.

38301-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2013, 01:01:36 by noisyturtle »

Offline Martyr

« Reply #1583 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:27:01 »
Started playing SC2 again after a small hiatus.

Tyrone@260 on NA

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1584 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:30:07 »
Borderlands 2

Damn that game is addicting!
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #1585 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:40:19 »
Got a lot of games that I haven't really played that I bought when it was Summer Sale on Steam. Haven't found them that good or they sadly didn't keep my interest for that long.
The only ones I finished was Dust and Bastiion. Currently trying to play some LoL from time to time but soloqueue really bothers me. I'm considering starting with WoW again but I just know that I will grow bored of it after a couple of months again. Anyone got any good solo-player games or team-games that you can recommend?
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1586 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 20:01:25 »
Dota2
SC2
:D :D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline WicKeDNY

« Reply #1587 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 22:38:45 »
Starcraft 2 - Introduced me to mechanical keyboards :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1588 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 15:03:57 »
GTAV came in the mail today. Welp, looks like all my assignments are going to be late next week.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1589 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:08:40 »
Got a dawngate beta key. Gonna leave an initial review in a few hours
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #1590 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:28:44 »
Just got re-addicted to Terraria with the new patch. Chomping at the bit to try Hearthstone, it looks like a lot of fun.

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #1591 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 18:55:23 »
Just got re-addicted to Terraria with the new patch. Chomping at the bit to try Hearthstone, it looks like a lot of fun.

Why are they not giving me a beta key ?!
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1592 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 19:18:14 »
GTAV came in the mail today. Welp, looks like all my assignments are going to be late next week.
It won't be out for PC until Q1 2014  :'( :'( :'(
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1593 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 19:56:48 »
It won't be out for PC until Q1 2014  :'( :'( :'(

yeah, probably going to regret getting it now for 360 when it drops on PC but on the upside: SANDBOX CARNAGE!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1594 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 22:29:19 »

i go to the dorm for literally 2 hours a day to play with all my friends
gl w/ work lol

Offline zemp

• FREE ITENS PLS
« Reply #1595 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 23:49:36 »
I play star craft and crossfire,  I used to play both of them professionaly

Offline adigaforever

« Reply #1596 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 16:19:33 »
Not playing unfortunately... searching all over the web for a key to Hearthstone... so frustrating.. :(

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #1597 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 17:50:17 »
I play star craft and crossfire,  I used to play both of them professionaly

Screen name on SC?
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1598 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 07:30:34 »
Super Hentai Tentacle Secret Family Mega Touch Contest II

Offline SNF

« Reply #1599 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:57:16 »
Main game is Team Fortress 2

Other games would be Arma 2 Dayz//Arma 3 and I'll throw in a single player game every now & then like Prison Architect/Walking Dead/Gunpoint or the new one from TellTale is good, The Wolf Among Us.