Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 872710 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #2250 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 14:23:27 »
Playing Assetto Corsa... it's pretty good.. for a forum..

probably shouldn't post that
What?

Posted a pic of the forums for the game which are basically full of people like me, totally unable to run the game. It crashes at launch... had support reply and suggest I try a few things, non of which have worked. :(

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2251 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 15:34:23 »
Glad I didn't buy it on sale recently. The game sounds amazing on paper, but I think I'll be waiting until it's finished and I have a driving wheel.

Just played the XCOM Enemy Unknown demo yesterday because it was on sale, cannot believe I didn't jump on that earlier. It's crazy how they used the strengths of Civ to their fullest and then some in that game. Also if you like it, try The Banner Saga. Not nearly as systematically deep as XCOM, but it's still great and the art style is fantastic (influenced by Sleeping Beauty's iirc).
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2252 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 05:40:22 »
Yeah, I picked it up because of the sale... But also because of the super cool mods people have been making for GP2 and F1 cars!

If I can get it working, it shouldn't matter that it's not finished... It's just, if I can get it working... Atm me and the support guy seem to have exhausted every possible solution so I'm trying a clean re-install. :(

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2253 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 05:42:56 »
I just started playing Path of Exile. It's okay.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2254 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 07:04:39 »
I just started playing Dark Souls. If you want a challenge... Play this game... Holy crap.

Also.. Just made a new RuneScape account! Come play lol. I just completed the first quest  :cool:

Hell yes! Dark souls I and II are my fav. Games.  :thumb:

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2255 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 07:47:40 »

What?

Posted a pic of the forums for the game which are basically full of people like me, totally unable to run the game. It crashes at launch... had support reply and suggest I try a few things, non of which have worked. :(
That sucks, I have 44 hours of pick up and play time (As in I only really launch it every now and then and run a couple laps on the nurburgring or mugello) and it has not crashed once on me. Although I am only speaking about crashing in game, the stupid 2 piece setup the game is running (The assetto corsa launcher and then the actual game) does however crash all the time. I can do the races, but once I quit a race, and it takes me back to the "menu" it is just unresponsive so I have to close and restart the game. Doesn't really matter to me though, the game is completely playable regardless.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2256 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 07:54:19 »

What?

That sucks, I have 44 hours of pick up and play time (As in I only really launch it every now and then and run a couple laps on the nurburgring or mugello) and it has not crashed once on me. Although I am only speaking about crashing in game, the stupid 2 piece setup the game is running (The assetto corsa launcher and then the actual game) does however crash all the time. I can do the races, but once I quit a race, and it takes me back to the "menu" it is just unresponsive so I have to close and restart the game. Doesn't really matter to me though, the game is completely playable regardless.

Yeah, it's an odd way of doing it I grant you that.... but after a totally fresh reinstall I still can't get the game running... :/

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2257 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 07:55:27 »

What?

Yeah, it's an odd way of doing it I grant you that.... but after a totally fresh reinstall I still can't get the game running... :/
What graphics card are you using?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2258 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 07:57:54 »

What?

Be easier just to see my thread :P
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acs-exe-crashes-on-start.13681/

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2259 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 08:14:27 »

What?

Be easier just to see my thread :P
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acs-exe-crashes-on-start.13681/

So you fixed it? :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2260 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 08:15:40 »
yeah, ****ing xfire... uninstalled that **** now though :D

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2261 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 19:55:01 »

Finished DA:O again the other day and just saw the new Gamescon trailer for DA:I.  The hype is real.  November needs to hurry up and get here.
May I interest you in this little gem called Divinity Original Sins while you wait for the next Dragon Age? This is an old school RPG, turned base combat, done right and it my current game of the year. I'm seriously digging it and I enjoyed it far more that DA: O. Check it out!

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #2262 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 21:16:35 »
Just fired up Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 and... then it was over. Jesus, was it short.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2263 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 01:51:20 »

Just fired up Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 and... then it was over. Jesus, was it short.
I have not even finished BioShock Infinite. Sigh.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2264 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 03:05:53 »
Part 2 is longer and story-wise much better.
I liked the gameplay of part one though, it was nice to get to use the tommy gun again.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2265 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 07:38:59 »

Having a blast with this game, though I still need to work on the controller input settings as its WHEYYYY too sensitive.. but still a blast non the less ^^

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2266 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 08:45:52 »
Bought the XCom Enemy Unknown complete pack from Steam last sale. Really enjoying the game so far.

Offline wuqe

« Reply #2267 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 09:29:23 »
Portal 2! Steam reports I've been playing 96 minutes, but I think that's wrong, since I've been playing in little chunks of time over the past six months -- just don't have much time to game.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #2268 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 12:03:40 »
Part 2 is longer and story-wise much better.
I liked the gameplay of part one though, it was nice to get to use the tommy gun again.
Yeah, the gameplay felt solid, but after the last fight, I was like, "Boy, this story-telling sequence sure is long. Oh. It's over?"

I was quite disappointed with the length, so I'm certainly glad I paid so little for it. Picked up the Steam sale on the DLC season pass for $10. Had I paid $15 for it, I would have been a bit miffed.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #2269 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 15:00:42 »
Show Image

Having a blast with this game, though I still need to work on the controller input settings as its WHEYYYY too sensitive.. but still a blast non the less ^^

Thus far, I'm convinced that a wheel is necessary to really enjoy Assetto Corsa...but I'm stuck playing with a controller. :(
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2270 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 15:11:56 »
Show Image

Thus far, I'm convinced that a wheel is necessary to really enjoy Assetto Corsa...but I'm stuck playing with a controller. :(

If you go on there official forums there is a thread someone made that helps you configure the sensitivity etc which helps... but it's not easy I'll grant you. I'm really struggling with the cars more than the formula cars...

But it's still an alpha and there is alot left to do :) How you finding it? The only races I can do atm are on easy as half the time I'm battling the car and the controller haha

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2271 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 16:39:54 »
Want me to post my controller setup? I have one down that works pretty good with all cars.

The game was HORRIBLE until I dialed in the settings.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2272 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 16:52:06 »
Want me to post my controller setup? I have one down that works pretty good with all cars.

Yeah sure that would be great!
You can save different setups so it would be cool to play with another one while trying to work out my own :)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2273 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 17:13:38 »

Yeah sure that would be great!
You can save different setups so it would be cool to play with another one while trying to work out my own :)
:'( Looks like I might have lost the setup I have been using for over 40 hours lol.....

Nooooooooo

I will try to setup a new one I guess.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2274 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 17:36:38 »
Nightmare!! Good luck getting it back :P

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2275 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 17:45:50 »
Been playing Skyrim again, I'd stopped playing before the DLCs were out so I stuck a bunch of mods on it and started a new character to see what the DLCs are like.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2276 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 17:53:24 »
Bought Borderlands 2 on sale.
****ed around with my friends in it.
Incredibly boring when you solo play though :/

Anybody here looking to get pre-sequel?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2277 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 11:54:30 »
I fired up CSGO for the first time... have to say.. the new menu system they are rocking looks nice but sure isn't what I'm used too! LOL Managed to get myself in a Deathmatch... couldn't work out what the proper game mode was called from CS:CZ's and CS:S so just went with it.. managed to break even once which was pretty cool and got fairly high on the score screen which was nice... long LONG way to go till I get back to how I used to be back in the CSS days when I would get banned from pub servers for 'cheating' :P

Also... are many people playing the ratz maps?? Loved that ****

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2278 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 18:21:18 »

Actually find it to be the other way around. When there's more than 2 players it just gets too chaotic, all those PhysX particle effects I can't even see what the heck is going on. Solo I can take my time, explore, grab all the good loot :D

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2279 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 18:24:07 »

Actually find it to be the other way around. When there's more than 2 players it just gets too chaotic, all those PhysX particle effects I can't even see what the heck is going on. Solo I can take my time, explore, grab all the good loot :D

I tend to feel the same way, with full parties in co-op games everything feels so rushed, and if loot is free-for-all then it's even worse. It does depend on the players though, but if you party up with 3 people you don't really know in a 4 player co op game then things tend to feel a bit too rushed to be all that enjoyable for me.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2280 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 18:24:34 »
can't delete this post so.... PENIS!
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 18:26:34 by noisyturtle »

Offline inteli722

« Reply #2281 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:31:30 »
Show Image

If you go on there official forums there is a thread someone made that helps you configure the sensitivity etc which helps... but it's not easy I'll grant you. I'm really struggling with the cars more than the formula cars...

But it's still an alpha and there is alot left to do :) How you finding it? The only races I can do atm are on easy as half the time I'm battling the car and the controller haha

I've really just been working on racing lines. Mostly been driving little Lotuses (love those cars. So cute!), but I've been waiting to really play it until I get a proper wheel where I can use a manual gearbox and have more fine control.
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline inteli722

« Reply #2282 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:34:05 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:43:58 by inteli722 »
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2283 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 06:42:03 »
Yeah I've been playing alot with the 80s Lotus, it's a proper blast though I do have to manually change gear at times in order to get it into the right gear

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2284 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 06:43:24 »
Yeah I've been playing alot with the 80s Lotus, it's a proper blast though I do have to manually change gear at times in order to get it into the right gear

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2285 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:42:11 »
I am still ironing out my driving settings but a couple cars I highly suggest trying out are the ferrari 458 italia stage 3, lotus evora gx, and the pagani zonda r. The lotus evora gx is a lot of run, its super balanced and predictable I just love it, its maybe a bit too soft but I find it to be a lot of fun. They just added the mercedes sls amg but my initial opinions aren't great, the brakes are lacking imo.

The most insane car in the game is the lotus 98t though, oh...my...god. I swear that is so crazy when you are on the boost, pro tip, be sure to hit 9 or 0 on your number row, the car is set to 30% boost out the gate, and you can fine tune how much boost you give it by pressing 1-9 or 0, I can't remember which is 100% boost.

Also, download the nordschleife, its worth it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2286 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 01:36:30 »
meh nordschleife :P But yeah I've been playing with the 98t but didn't know about the boost stuff :P Will have to try it out

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2287 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 17:23:55 »
WTF am I doing with my life? O_o

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2288 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 18:26:48 »
meh nordschleife :P But yeah I've been playing with the 98t but didn't know about the boost stuff :P Will have to try it out
Don't talk bad about the nordschleife  ;)

As for controls, I dialed in a setup I am liking, still needs a bit of tweaking, but save your setup you have right now and try this. (I also suggest screenshotting your currect settings in case the backup doesn't work like mine and you have to start over)

Here is a link
More

Set it in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/controllers/savedsetups

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2289 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 01:56:04 »
Don't talk bad about the nordschleife  ;)

As for controls, I dialed in a setup I am liking, still needs a bit of tweaking, but save your setup you have right now and try this. (I also suggest screenshotting your currect settings in case the backup doesn't work like mine and you have to start over)

Here is a link
More

Set it in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/controllers/savedsetups

Alright cheers, I'll give it a crack when I finish work tonight :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2290 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 17:43:38 »
I had a look at Assetto Corsa and a few videos and it looked glitchy as hell and half finished. Maybe I was watching old videos...

So I'm just playing F1 2011 right now until the new one comes out with live updates :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2291 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 18:02:56 »
half finished.

That would be right... given that it's not finished yet and is missing alot of major features... lulz

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2292 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 18:11:31 »
Ah. I thought it was a finished game. How is it right now then?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #2293 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 22:22:29 »
As of now, Quake II

But I also play many Valve games, Unreal Tourney 2k4 w/ ballistic mod, Dooms w/ various mods and several other Linux friendly games  :p
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2294 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 22:37:37 »
Finished transistor after a long hiatus.
Working my way through the banner saga.
Got bored of borderlands 2, need to take a break from that.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2295 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 01:32:12 »
Ah. I thought it was a finished game. How is it right now then?

Pretty good. It's got along way to go but if you want to try out a new sim that looks and feels really good and that has mods for F1 cars aswel as coming with an 80s lotus.  There are AI races you can set up but the AI is pretty brutal and atm I'm still not fully able to master the cars...

I got it when it was 50% off and haven't regretted it, just know what your getting into.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2296 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 03:48:52 »
Finished transistor after a long hiatus.
I loved that game! It had a really good way of implementing difficulty settings and the achievements were pretty decent.

I've been playing a lot of CS:GO lately, with ~30 wins I'm now among the best of the worst (Silver Elite Master). My friends who I play with are all Nova 3 and above so I usually end up last in the team's scoreboard but I have to say I prefer playing with and against better players than with and against random silver players.
The game is really good but it seriously needs a better matchmaking system so that you can choose to only be matched up with people who speak the same language.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2297 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 00:16:47 »
Wow chapter 4 of banner saga.
Starting with three days worth of supplies.
Great thanks for making me waste my renown in chapter 2 so now I have nothing in my caravan.

God.
This is like typical bioware bull****.
Uninstalling.

rage

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2298 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 09:57:33 »
Basically completed Swords & Soldiers HD today/yesterday.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2299 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 09:04:51 »
Somehow I just resubbed to WoW. Goodbye physical social life.

Also if anyone wants to add me on Steam, I'm trying to learn to play CS, thought my FPS experience is limited to mostly RPGs with very forgiving FPS mechanics. My username is Cherlequin.
c h e r