Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 863345 times)

Offline ynrozturk

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #2300 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 18:38:16 »
I might take you up on that, though I may be a bit rusty, I can still show you the ropes where needed.

Currently still just playing Battlefield 4. Rank 126.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2301 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 18:46:59 »
I might take you up on that, though I may be a bit rusty, I can still show you the ropes where needed.

Toss me a friend request!
c h e r

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2302 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 21:41:25 »

I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to add you on Origin, not Steam. I was like wtf, CS isn't even on Origin, what does she want that for? I should just get off the PC. I'll add you tomorrow  ;)
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2303 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 22:07:20 »

I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to add you on Origin, not Steam. I was like wtf, CS isn't even on Origin, what does she want that for? I should just get off the PC. I'll add you tomorrow  ;)

Bwah hahhahaha :D
c h e r

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2304 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 00:22:18 »
Been on Warframe with gf and brother. Pretty cool stuff.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2305 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 01:32:51 »
Dropped Alchemy for Tailoring on my combat rogue in WoW.  Why?  Because how often do you see an undead rogue transmogged to look like a druid riding a magic carpet mount, thats why.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2306 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 08:47:52 »
Dropped Alchemy for Tailoring on my combat rogue in WoW.  Why?  Because how often do you see an undead rogue transmogged to look like a druid riding a magic carpet mount, thats why.

:eek:

My rogue http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Zaeyarz/simple she hasn't been loved on in a while, but I have a figureprint of her, as she was my first toon. ^_^
c h e r

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2307 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 09:30:01 »

:eek:

My rogue http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Zaeyarz/simple she hasn't been loved on in a while, but I have a figureprint of her, as she was my first toon. ^_^

Here is mine.  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nathrezim/Melvang/simple  What do you think of the xmog?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2308 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 10:50:24 »
Anyone else super hyped for Archeage??? Wow.... shortly into the open beta, I have decided that it will be my one and only... Anyone that's a Nuian or Elf, HMU. Later I'll be a privateer though  ;D
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2309 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 15:33:53 »
Somehow I just resubbed to WoW. Goodbye physical social life.

Also if anyone wants to add me on Steam, I'm trying to learn to play CS, thought my FPS experience is limited to mostly RPGs with very forgiving FPS mechanics. My username is Cherlequin.
Join the GH CS group you two!!!

Also, I can't wait to play the remake of Gauntlet!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #2310 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 15:35:22 »

Also if anyone wants to add me on Steam, I'm trying to learn to play CS, thought my FPS experience is limited to mostly RPGs with very forgiving FPS mechanics. My username is Cherlequin.

I demand a lan-party of the sims 4
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2311 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 19:20:42 »

We have a GH CS group? Awesome!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2312 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 19:24:45 »
Anyone else super hyped for Archeage??? Wow.... shortly into the open beta, I have decided that it will be my one and only... Anyone that's a Nuian or Elf, HMU. Later I'll be a privateer though  ;D

I was super hyped until I played through all the CBT's.  Might still download it but pretty meh now.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2313 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 20:38:40 »

We have a GH CS group? Awesome!

I play some CS:GO from time to time as well. If I see you guys on I'll try to join.

I've been obsessed recently about the PVZ: Garden Warfare.

Offline vimx

• ENHANCE
« Reply #2314 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 20:58:10 »
Quote from: o2dazone;111241
If you like Quake III Arena, you'll love QuakeLive. It's basically Q3A in a browser, and puts you on servers that have players similar to your play style.

QuakeLive is great.  I used to play Q3a a lot but it seemed to die down.  I've been playing QuakeLive for a while and its bringing back all the old memories.  I don't play frequently though.  Just the occasional game here and there.  Usually when I want to sit down and play an FPS for a while, I go to UT2K4.

The base game has been outshined by other games IMO, but the user generated content on there is just so much fun.  I'm a sucker for Excessive Weapons, RPG servers, Slim Pickin Deemers, and C&C maps.

Whoa.  UT2004 is still actively played!? I used to be on a competitive team / clan for a while.  What are all these things I haven't heard of!? Crazy.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2315 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 07:37:24 »

I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of a commitment...
c h e r

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2316 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 08:44:14 »
i just remember my old humble bundle password as well as my old email, so i got a hold of cortex command and the steam key
ive been playing it non stop whenever i can
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2317 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 10:23:51 »
Picked up Destiny last night and played a bit in the morning and on my lunch break. Playing on ps3 and that game is totally pretty damn solid. No frame drops, looks good and no insane load times. Shame I can't play cross generation with my ps4 buddies... And that there isn't a PC version... But having fun with it so far!

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2318 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 20:31:35 »
i just remember my old humble bundle password as well as my old email, so i got a hold of cortex command and the steam key
ive been playing it non stop whenever i can

HumbleBundle <3 <3 <3
c h e r

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2319 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 20:47:57 »
Picked up Destiny last night and played a bit in the morning and on my lunch break. Playing on ps3 and that game is totally pretty damn solid. No frame drops, looks good and no insane load times. Shame I can't play cross generation with my ps4 buddies... And that there isn't a PC version... But having fun with it so far!

I'm SO sad Destiny isn't on PC. :(  All my friends are rocking it on consoles at the moment and that's all they're playing.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2320 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 03:23:10 »

I'm SO sad Destiny isn't on PC. :(  All my friends are rocking it on consoles at the moment and that's all they're playing.
I almost bought a new console just for Destiny but I decided that it was more worth it to just get it for the 360 and hope that it comes out on PC later on so that I can play it with fancy graphics and better controls. Bungie have said that they want the game to eventually get a PC release so hopefully that'll come out early next year.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2321 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 03:25:04 »

I almost bought a new console just for Destiny but I decided that it was more worth it to just get it for the 360 and hope that it comes out on PC later on so that I can play it with fancy graphics and better controls. Bungie have said that they want the game to eventually get a PC release so hopefully that'll come out early next year.

If it wasn't for the fact that you can't play with current gen console people Destiny is pretty great on last last gen and I've had no issues playing it.

A mate bought a ps4 for this game and I'm not sure it was really a good move lol

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2322 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:13:26 »

I had the same thought.  I actually did this for the last Halo release.  :rolleyes:

If it wasn't for the fact that you can't play with current gen console people Destiny is pretty great on last last gen and I've had no issues playing it.

A mate bought a ps4 for this game and I'm not sure it was really a good move lol

That's one thing I wanted to check up on, but never did.  The difference between the gens.  I still have a 360 so I could pick it up, I guess...just not sure if worth it.  No one I know still has a 360. :(

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2323 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:22:39 »

I had the same thought.  I actually did this for the last Halo release.  :rolleyes:

That's one thing I wanted to check up on, but never did.  The difference between the gens.  I still have a 360 so I could pick it up, I guess...just not sure if worth it.  No one I know still has a 360. :(

If you have an xbox one, or are going to get one before the middle of next year... (apparently) if you get the 360 digital version, and register an xbone before sometime next year (June i think?) you can upgrade your copy to xbone for free!
Pretty good deal.

I'm now lvl10 (which is half way to the lvl cap) and I'm having more fun with it now than I was before. I think the game has some issues atm, the first is the story. It's terrible, terribly delivered from your Ghost (who I know is Peter Dinklage, but I watch GoT in Italian so his voice mans nothing to me) and its so ****ing lame the music is so ****ing mardy and try hard... idk I think it would be alot better if the story was alot dumber and alot more fun, not Boarderlands level... but something better... or at least more bad-ass.. or something other than just mardy Prometheus rip off music. The second issue is loot, there just isn't enough, even if its ****e.. seeing loads of stuff drop from monsters in Diablo is cool!

But yeah I'm defo having more fun with it now... pro-tip, if your the hunter class go with the hand cannon!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2324 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:30:43 »
Ohhh, thanks for the tip but pretty sad about the terrible story and lack of loot.  Those are some of the biggest reasons I play games.  I ****ing love loot.  :rolleyes:  And for me, at least, having a not **** story definitely helps me get into the game and actually want to play it.  I know some people don't care but it's a big deal for me.  If I had an extra several hundred lying around, I'd probably grab an xbox one but...saving that for another board.  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2325 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:40:25 »
Ohhh, thanks for the tip but pretty sad about the terrible story and lack of loot.  Those are some of the biggest reasons I play games.  I ****ing love loot.  :rolleyes:  And for me, at least, having a not **** story definitely helps me get into the game and actually want to play it.  I know some people don't care but it's a big deal for me.  If I had an extra several hundred lying around, I'd probably grab an xbox one but...saving that for another board.  :))

If you have a PS3 you can always join me, I have literally zero PS3 buddies playing it as all my console friends who play Destiny got a Ps4 ;_;

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2326 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:50:16 »
If you have a PS3 you can always join me, I have literally zero PS3 buddies playing it as all my console friends who play Destiny got a Ps4 ;_;

Appreciate the offer but I only have a 360. :( 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2327 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 16:08:08 »
Got my retro setup in the new apartment over the past few days, so I've been playing mostly Saturn SNES and Neo Geo. 6 systems hooked up, lots of cord wrangling had to be done but it's done and they all plug into a single source. Could use another shelf for games though, oh well.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2328 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 16:09:59 »

#FirstWorldProblems
c h e r

Offline dmbr

« Reply #2329 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 16:13:13 »
Anyone play Team Fortress 2?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2330 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 17:07:29 »
Anyone here play SWTOR?  Have a sudden urge to jump back in.

#FirstWorldProblems

Offline Bencze

« Reply #2331 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 06:43:54 »
I'm playing Train Fever now, TTD / RT kind of game. Just got released on Linux last night.
Some issues, performance problems and the like but I support it as 1) I'm glad for a new game in the genre and 2) it's a small small indy company making it. It's quite nice already, hopefully they'll fix some of the worst issues in coming weeks and then it'll be great! :)
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2332 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 15:07:07 »
Anyone here play SWTOR?  Have a sudden urge to jump back in.

#FirstWorldProblems

Show Image

:-*
c h e r

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2333 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 17:36:34 »
:-*

Cherp, I don't even know what that's supposed to be. :))

Edit: Oh...now it shows up as a smiley.  Forums be trolling me.  Derp.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2334 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 09:56:31 »
Is the question:

"What computer games do you play? "

the same as

"What drug are you doing/ preoccupied with ? "

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #2335 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 14:51:43 »
Is the question:

the same as

So what kind of drugs are you doing, tp4tissue?
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2336 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 16:16:25 »
Is the question:

the same as

All of them.  :))

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2337 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 16:54:32 »
Getting heavy back into SWTOR.

I'm on The Harbinger Empire if anybody wants to come play  :D

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2338 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 16:58:44 »

Pretty sure I was on Harbinger, as well.  Been debating about going back to the game.  Are you part of a guild or anything?  I used to hardcore raid and I've got the itch to get back into it.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2339 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 17:35:52 »

Pretty sure I was on Harbinger, as well.  Been debating about going back to the game.  Are you part of a guild or anything?  I used to hardcore raid and I've got the itch to get back into it.

A coworker is supposed to send me a guild invite soon.

I've hopped from MMO to MMO (this is stating it lightly) for years and have finally settled down, I believe.

If you get in, holla - My current character's name is Kadross and I be on all weekends, and weekdays after 7-8ish PST.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2340 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 17:40:35 »
Is the question:

the same as

All of them.  :))

Tp4 no use drugs..

Tp4 naturally crazy..

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2341 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 18:50:41 »
A coworker is supposed to send me a guild invite soon.

I've hopped from MMO to MMO (this is stating it lightly) for years and have finally settled down, I believe.

If you get in, holla - My current character's name is Kadross and I be on all weekends, and weekdays after 7-8ish PST.

Screw it.  Downloading TOR now.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2342 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 20:05:54 »
Just finished replaying the original trilogy from one of my favorite series, Mega Man X. Played through X1 2 and 3 over the last week on the SNES. The first game was so good at showing players mechanics without needless explanation or hand-holding, and gave the Mega Man series some fresh blood and attitude adjustment when making his transfer over to 16bit. X2 took everything that the first one did so well and made it even better, which was tough because X1 was already so near perfection. X2 had better tunes, better level design, more epic mini bosses and stage bosses, and a sometimes steep but always fair difficulty level. X3 didn't quite live up to all the hype, especially considering it's a $300-400 game nowadays. There were some noticeable improvements such as the addition of different ride armors and the vertical dash (which is awesome btw,) but the stages just don't have that personality that the other two games do, except Blizzard Buffalo's stage which is great but that stage feels only as good as nearly every stage in X2. X3 also suffers from some very noticeable slowdown in some areas where there are too many moving sprites on screen at once, which can be bad in tight situations.

Guess this'll have to tide me over until The Mighty Number 9 is released  :-X

Now if only I still had a Playstation, I could fire up my copies of X4 and 5  :'(
edit: just realized the PS3 can play PS1 games. Huzzah!
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 September 2014, 01:54:46 by noisyturtle »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #2343 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 04:17:14 »
Anyone playing payday 2? :) I feel lonely
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2344 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 04:39:09 »
Just finished replaying the original trilogy from one of my favorite series, Mega Man X. Played through X1 2 and 3 over the last week on the SNES. The first game was so good at showing players mechanics without needless explanation or hand-holding, and gave the Mega Man series some fresh blood and attitude adjustment when making his transfer over to 16bit. X2 took everything that the first one did so well and made it even better, which was tough because X1 was already so near perfection. X2 had better tunes, better level design, more epic mini bosses and stage bosses, and a sometimes steep but always fair difficulty level. X3 didn't quite live up to all the hype, especially considering it's a $300-400 game nowadays. There were some noticeable improvements such as the addition of different ride armors and the vertical dash (which is awesome btw,) but the stages just don't have that personality that the other two games do, except Blizzard Buffalo's stage which is great but that stage feels only as good as nearly every stage in X2. X3 also suffers from some very noticeable slowdown in some areas where there are too many moving sprites on screen at once, which can be bad in tight situations.

Now if only I still had a Playstation, I could fire up my copies of X4 and 5  :'(

Megaman x12345678 are all on PC Master platform...

mega man is also way better on keyboard.. because of the dash mechanic being a 3rd button

whereas on controller,  you'd have to use left trigger which is stupid, cuz that takes focus away from the directional control of the left hand..

but, on keyboard, you can handle  shoot jump AND dash all comfortably with right hand..

and your left hand just sticks to wasd,  giving you much easier time managing cross overs.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2345 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 04:46:37 »
I'll start playing the Diablo 3 addon next week after my final exams. I only played vanilla with the old loot system. Much has changed since then, so hit me up if you have some advise.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2346 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 14:25:46 »

mega man is also way better on keyboard.. because of the dash mechanic being a 3rd button

whereas on controller,  you'd have to use left trigger which is stupid, cuz that takes focus away from the directional control of the left hand..

but, on keyboard, you can handle  shoot jump AND dash all comfortably with right hand..

and your left hand just sticks to wasd,  giving you much easier time managing cross overs.

I guess I'm just really used to playing with a controller from childhood experience - I can not do it on a keyboard. I use an Xbox 360 controller.

Oh boy the nostalgia... I use my iPad to take pictures of the save "code" heheh. Currently I'm trying to get all the Zero pieces in X2.

I have the Megaman X OST on my phone... Chill Penguin and Spark Mandril's stages' tracks are mad epik yo!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2347 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 14:26:49 »

I guess I'm just really used to playing with a controller from childhood experience - I can not do it on a keyboard. I use an Xbox 360 controller.

Oh boy the nostalgia... I use my iPad to take pictures of the save "code" heheh. Currently I'm trying to get all the Zero pieces in X2.

I have the Megaman X OST on my phone... Chill Penguin and Spark Mandril's stages are mad epik yo!!

couldn't you just use the save states? 

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2348 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 15:00:27 »
couldn't you just use the save states?

Wow, you can just save the game like that? That's awesome, I will try. I'm using ZNES. Hmmm, now I can play Super Metroid  :D

Offline G-Dubs

« Reply #2349 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 15:07:11 »
Anyone playing payday 2? :) I feel lonely
I play Payday 2 pretty regularly, mostly on weekends. I play as an enforcer(with a few points in other trees, of course). Just hit lvl 65, I think.

I'm working on Ep. 4 of The Wolf Among Us, 39SCH/31WHM in FFXIV, GoD Factory, almost at 30 with a D3 HC seasons wizard, and I just bought Starpoint Gemini 2 to try out. Oh, right, and I've just gotten an hour or so into The Witcher 2. I'm also working on Finishing up the last corridor of The Guardian Legend on NES.

Going to an office and getting paid for work is what I do when I'm not at my job!
KUL ES-87 MX Red || KBP V60 Matias Linear || KBP V60 Matias Quiet Click || Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Black || Leopold FC210P MX Black