Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873183 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #2350 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 16:21:52 »
couldn't you just use the save states?

Wow, you can just save the game like that? That's awesome, I will try. I'm using ZNES. Hmmm, now I can play Super Metroid  :D

Yeah in the moment save states are great (right befors a bad jump, or during a boss fight) for tough games like Hagane and any Ninja Gaiden game, but it's always better playing the real thing, plus using save states is basically super-cheating.  ;)

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #2351 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 16:40:06 »
Anyone playing payday 2? :) I feel lonely

Got it on the Steam summer sale, have been playing it quite a bit, usually about every other night. I mainly play dota 2, and just had a brief readventure into wow.
Friends Don't Let Friends Get Friends Haircuts...

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #2352 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 16:41:31 »
You are in a maze of twisty turns rooms all the same...
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2353 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 19:01:56 »
I'll start playing the Diablo 3 addon next week after my final exams. I only played vanilla with the old loot system. Much has changed since then, so hit me up if you have some advise.

I still haven't played this either, and I preordered the damn Limited Edition.

>.<
c h e r

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2354 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 11:32:07 »
If enough people are playing Risk of Rain, I'm happy to have a game night for it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2355 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:47:33 »
If enough people are playing Risk of Rain, I'm happy to have a game night for it.

I was huge into RoR a few months ago. It's a great pick-up-and-play game, plus bonus points for rogue-like.

PS Miner is the best character  ;D

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #2356 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 17:15:50 »
I've been playing Factorio for the last couple of days. It really is an incredible game. I love how you end up creating these incredibly complicated systems almost by accident because you're always approaching it one small task at a time.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline moemoe666

• Silence Unicorn <3
« Reply #2357 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 00:21:49 »
I did play alot off game but right now just Dota 2, dont have time for other game even I love to touch them for awhile
Stuff:
Black Bird V1: Clear 72g - Light Saver V2 : Black 62g  - Rosewill : Vintage Black - 38gt Acrylic case : Brown 55g - Ducky Z One : Brown - Keycool Brown: R.I.P

Zowie EC2 Evo Black & White - SS Sensei MLG - SS Frost blue - Kana V1 - Kinzu V1

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #2358 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:23:29 »
Just picked up The pre-sequel for 30 bucks...

Offline sobe

« Reply #2359 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:57:44 »
Right now it really depends, I play a bit of LoL and just recently ArcheAge, but my favorite past time has got to be FPS games of all varieties. Of course I will always have a love for twitch shooters and the fast paced arena such as QuakeLive, and I simply cannot wait for Toxikk's release. But a rundown of games would have to be LoL, ArcheAge, CSGO, QuakeLive, Red Faction (have to jump in from time to time for that nostalgia), UT2k4 (nostalgia peaking again), and DayZ.

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #2360 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:11:49 »
Been getting into CS:GO lately, only have 10 hours so far but I'm already addicted. I want some skins!

Poker II

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2361 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:27:50 »
Endless Legend

Defense Grid 2..

Ne experience with the full version of either game ?

Gah.. just tried both.. DG2 is alrite, but feels like ne other TD, and it has crazy gpu usage on ATI, Don't no what's up with that..

Endless legend, eh.. you might as well play civ..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2362 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 21:22:11 »
Been playing through my Neo Geo games recently on account of getting all my retro **** set up nicely. Most of them are fighting games (Neo Geo, duh) so they are fairly easy to play through on the lower difficulty settings. Mark of the Wolves has some of the keenest and most intelligent AI of any fighting game I've ever played. It's damn near playing against a live opponent, very impressive for an older game, and frankly the mechanics and AI put 99.99% of modern fighters to shame.

On another note: 11 years and I STILL cannot get past the third level of Magician Lord. That game is brutal.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2363 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 23:45:58 »
Getting my Gauntlet on!!! Fun game but you gotta have multiple players.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 September 2014, 23:47:38 by do_Og@n »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2364 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 00:00:11 »
Been playing through my Neo Geo games recently on account of getting all my retro **** set up nicely. Most of them are fighting games (Neo Geo, duh) so they are fairly easy to play through on the lower difficulty settings. Mark of the Wolves has some of the keenest and most intelligent AI of any fighting game I've ever played. It's damn near playing against a live opponent, very impressive for an older game, and frankly the mechanics and AI put 99.99% of modern fighters to shame.

On another note: 11 years and I STILL cannot get past the third level of Magician Lord. That game is brutal.

games used to be hard because they were in totality really short..   so in a way.. they're just grindy.. but in the memorization sense.. rather than time-exchange sense as are JRPGs.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2365 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 00:27:21 »

games used to be hard because they were in totality really short..   so in a way.. they're just grindy.. but in the memorization sense.. rather than time-exchange sense as are JRPGs.

I think modern gamers have become soft. People always complain when a modern title is difficult, but back in the day they were difficult out of necessity. Like if you only got Ninja Gaiden for Christmas, that would be the game you're playing until your birthday or a straight A report card so that **** had to last. I remember the first time I beat Contra, I was so proud because I spent months trying to get through it (sans Konami code.) That feeling of accomplishment is so rare nowadays because so many devs assume gamers are stupid, and that they need to hold their hands through their vision. Just look at Diablo 3 when so many people were *****ing about (whatever was after Nightmare difficulty) so Blizzard dropped the difficulty and everyone and their feeble grandmother's were able to breeze through it.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2366 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 15:59:15 »

I think modern gamers have become soft. People always complain when a modern title is difficult, but back in the day they were difficult out of necessity. Like if you only got Ninja Gaiden for Christmas, that would be the game you're playing until your birthday or a straight A report card so that **** had to last. I remember the first time I beat Contra, I was so proud because I spent months trying to get through it (sans Konami code.) That feeling of accomplishment is so rare nowadays because so many devs assume gamers are stupid, and that they need to hold their hands through their vision. Just look at Diablo 3 when so many people were *****ing about (whatever was after Nightmare difficulty) so Blizzard dropped the difficulty and everyone and their feeble grandmother's were able to breeze through it.

WoW negatively impacted Blizz's design philosophy a lot (at least when catering to casual players).  It got to the point where new end-game content would get released, the non-hardcore players would complain that it's too hard and requires too much coordination, and the dungeon would get nerfed to triviality in the next 3 months.

I don't think even 1000 lives would be enough for me to beat bucky o'hare hard mode (1-hit KO, starts at 2:54)

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #2367 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 05:13:34 »
I mainly played Minecraft but since I made a Steam account I started playing the Free to Play games such as Unturned and Team Fortress 2. I enjoy unturned because of the DayZ type gameplay with pixellated graphics similar to Minecraft. TF2 takes some getting used to since I'm used to playing FPS's with a controller.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2368 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 16:01:07 »
Cubemen, it's pretty hardcore, or so it seems.

Offline ironic moustache

« Reply #2369 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 06:21:08 »
Pretty obsessed with Wasteland 2 at the moment, although I'm going to have to take an enforced one week break as I go on a quick tour around the region. Not ideal, but I don't think I can play fast enough to finish it before I head off.

It's good. Quite good. Probably not excellent, but pretty damn good nonetheless. Quite old school and occasionally purposely frustrating though, and has a fair share of rough edges and bugs. None of the issues have dented my enjoyment of the game, though.

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #2370 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 12:14:44 »
Why do I like Hawken so much?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #2371 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:55:36 »
Pretty obsessed with Wasteland 2 at the moment, although I'm going to have to take an enforced one week break as I go on a quick tour around the region. Not ideal, but I don't think I can play fast enough to finish it before I head off.

It's good. Quite good. Probably not excellent, but pretty damn good nonetheless. Quite old school and occasionally purposely frustrating though, and has a fair share of rough edges and bugs. None of the issues have dented my enjoyment of the game, though.

I love me my old school isometric RPG games (from SWAT 2, Fallout to XCOM Enemy Unknown). I should definitely give this game a shot sometime.

Game looks so Mech GAR. Too bad the only FPS I play is CSGO, and that's not even that often :(

Offline ironic moustache

« Reply #2372 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:57:44 »
I love me my old school isometric RPG games (from SWAT 2, Fallout to XCOM Enemy Unknown). I should definitely give this game a shot sometime.

If you love the first two Fallouts you're going to love Wasteland 2. It's missing the ability to sneak and take aimed shots (no more shooting someone in the eyes for cray cray critical damage :( ) but aside from that it really does feel like a great hybrid of Wasteland 'vibe' and humour plus Fallout 1 and 2 gameplay.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #2373 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 23:00:23 »
If you love the first two Fallouts you're going to love Wasteland 2. It's missing the ability to sneak and take aimed shots (no more shooting someone in the eyes for cray cray critical damage :( ) but aside from that it really does feel like a great hybrid of Wasteland 'vibe' and humour plus Fallout 1 and 2 gameplay.

I'll definitely have to look into it sometime. Thank you for the info. You getting me hyped!!!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2374 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 03:01:00 »
I am alternating between Divinity Original Sins and Wasteland 2, both are successful games from Kickstarter which I backed. I must say that Divinity is very polished, have great UI and fun colours while Wasteland 2 has engaging story writing and quirky UI. I played Divinity first and so I can see many issues with Wasteland 2 in terms of interface. If you have not started either and plan to play both, I'd recommend Wasteland 2, for old time's sake. If you have to choose one, I'd recommend Divinity and yes, you can coop with your friend.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2375 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 09:31:39 »
trying to finish ac iv and skyrim, then im jumping on to shadow of mordor again
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Matter

« Reply #2376 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 06:00:26 »
Anyone still play WoW here and waiting for the new expansion?

Offline genkidama

« Reply #2377 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 07:21:26 »
Is Shadow of Mordor any good? I only saw one video on twitch about it but still undecided.
But I like Watch Dogs so far, not really that good like I imagined (especially after that gorgeous trailer at E3 I think) but still a good filler till GTA V gets released for PC :)
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2378 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 08:21:32 »
Is Shadow of Mordor any good? I only saw one video on twitch about it but still undecided.
But I like Watch Dogs so far, not really that good like I imagined (especially after that gorgeous trailer at E3 I think) but still a good filler till GTA V gets released for PC :)
There's a mod that makes it look more like the E3 gameplay.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #2379 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 08:27:41 »
some old game nes psx
indie game braid,smb,limbi.etc
and socer we, pes, fifa.etc
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #2380 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 14:48:03 »
I am debating on getting back int WoW for the next expansion... someone talk me out of it.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #2381 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 15:29:57 »
I am debating on getting back int WoW for the next expansion... someone talk me out of it.
Don't do this, it's not worth your time. Because many many more games are waiting for you to be played exhaustendly!

I'll try that, thanks! ;)

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #2382 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 15:54:59 »
A lot of TF2. I've played it since just before launch. I'm a cranky pubstar who just wants to find semi-competent teammates. It's a lot to ask. :P

Add me on Steam ;D

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #2383 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 15:55:44 »
Don't do this, it's not worth your time. Because many many more games are waiting for you to be played exhaustendly!

I'll try that, thanks! ;)
What other games? The only other game that I can think of that I haven't exhausted while actually loving the game is going to be borderlands the pre-sequel and who knows if it is going to hold my interest for the same 400 hours I put into BL2??

Offline genkidama

« Reply #2384 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 16:39:39 »
What about games like Alan Wake? Amnesia? ^^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2385 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 02:14:31 »
What about games like Alan Wake? Amnesia? ^^

scary games without guns are too scary for me..

Offline genkidama

« Reply #2386 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 04:00:35 »
But you'll get a fancy flashlight :p

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2387 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 06:45:19 »

Because it's awesome!!! Long live the Death Box!!!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2388 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 08:41:20 »
Alan Wake

I LOVE Alan Wake.  Speaking of which, I should go back and play Max Payne again.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #2389 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 08:43:19 »
Alan Wake

I LOVE Alan Wake.  Speaking of which, I should go back and play Max Payne again.
Sometimes in my room, lights off, headphones on, I shat mah pants massively playing Alan Wake :O Such a great game
I would love to have another Max Payne game but more like the old ones as compared to the new one which is somewhat a "shoot and kill" game.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2390 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 08:50:27 »
Alan Wake

Sometimes in my room, lights off, headphones on, I shat mah pants massively playing Alan Wake :O Such a great game
I would love to have another Max Payne game but more like the old ones as compared to the new one which is somewhat a "shoot and kill" game.

:))  I can imagine!  I played Alan Wake with a group of friends, taking turns, so it was significantly less scary.  I should probably play it again by myself in the dark.   :blank:

And I kind of ignore the fact that Max Payne 3 ever existed.  :P  I didn't really play it much, but it was different enough that I wasn't interested.

Offline Drewchompski

« Reply #2391 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:31:34 »
Recently sank 38 hours into Prison Architect over the course of 2.5 days which is all kind of a blur at this point.

Currently playing Mirror's Edge which sadly has physX issues, no reason why a game from 2008 should have serious lag spikes on my GTX760 and my slightly overclocked 6350 (4.2 ghz). Which is a real shame since PhysX looks really great when it works. Tried replaying Saints Row 2 but it's notoriously bad PC port has hindered my enjoyment.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2392 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 11:03:52 »
Lyne, it's amazing.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2393 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 09:14:19 »
Lyne, it's amazing.

How do you post link text on GH? Everytime I see it I mean to ask but forget.

Also, been playing Ghostbusters on PC. It is amazing if even a small fraction of yourself likes the movies. You get to BE a Ghostbuster, and catch ghosts with Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd. It's rad as HELL! Not to mention it's a genuinely fun game with great writing and game mechanics. Do reccommend, especially it's on sale right now.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2394 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 10:30:55 »
SWTOR, still going at it. Got my main (a sorcerer) to 55 and hunting down the last of the datacrons... Also working on an operative and a marauder... Hit me up!! I'm on The Harbinger, Empire side. We have cookies  :cool:
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #2395 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 10:36:42 »
Primary League of Legends and Counter Strike GO!

Offline genkidama

« Reply #2396 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:07:19 »
Lyne, it's amazing.

How do you post link text on GH? Everytime I see it I mean to ask but forget.

Just look what he wrote when you quote it. Than you can see how he is able to do that :)
[url*=http://lynegame.com/]Lyne[/url] (without *)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2397 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 16:58:37 »
Alan Wake

Alan Wake :O Such a great game

Sounds like I need to give it another try. I played the first half hour of it and couldn't get into it.

Been playing a bunch of Transistor and XCOM lately. Also FarCry 2, such a great game.

Played a little Payday 2 the other day as well, that game is fun as hell. Such incredible gameplay.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2398 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 17:28:29 »
Vertical Drop Heroes HD Halloween

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2399 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 17:32:36 »
If anyone wants to play RoR, payday 2,  diablo 3, awesomeness or really anything I own you can add me on steam. You can find me on the gh community on steam.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards