Author Topic: my new keyboard, Zowie Celeritas!  (Read 63367 times)

Offline dxong

my new keyboard, Zowie Celeritas!
« on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 14:36:36 »
You could say this is my very first mechanical keyboard. I did have an IBM board with buckling springs but got thrown away.

But here it is… my new keyboard from Zowie Gear, I present to you, the speed of light...that’s right Celeritas!

Tada!

The brown switches are exactly what I expected them to be. Though I was a bit worried about the actuation force wasn’t into my liking but they are actually great, just a gentle push but still a very light feel of resistance before actuation.

I can’t tell what method had been used to make the prints on the keycaps but I would be glad if anyone could tell. I can feel the print though…hopefully they don’t wear off easily.

Along with the keyboard it came with a USB to PS/2 adapter to enable full key rollover and the RTR technology.
The RTR technology simply gives a “faster” response time when you bottom out a key. For instance  if you have it set to 8x it will repeat the letter 8 times when you press and hold down a key. I can’t tell how it is beneficial for gaming in general or for any specific game?

Another feature which is useful though is that you can define the left windows key to a ctrl key, makes it perfect for any games that do not already disable the windows key and when you do so, the color on the logo will change from red to blue…pretty neat.

Lastly it has media keys which are convenient…
My last comment is it feels very solid and it is heavy but well rooted to my desk. The light from the logo is very soft and if you dislike it you can easily turn it off.
If I should point out a flaw it would be that a key or 2 does not sit straight in its place along with the other ones but it’s not noticeable for most people if not all but I am the kind of guy who wants everything to be perfect and when I see a “flaw” I become obsessed with it. All switches work perfectly, no irregularities between switches!

UPDATE: My experience with this keyboard when gaming(29th jan 2011):

Since this keyboard is intended for gaming I will give my opinion with that in mind. My previous keyboard was a ex110 Logitech, a wireless keyboard and I found out it wasnt the best one for gaming when keeping a fast and accurate pace due to a huge latency/response, however very convenient as a media keyboard.

When playing Starcraft 2 I want a keyboard that responds accurately and I can be assured that the keys has been pressed and registered. A small flaw like a key does not register when keeping a fast pace in the game can be severely devastating for pro gamers, it can ruin your macro play and even so with your micro. I can tell why many people wants a keyboard with a tactile feel and even with an audio response. I dont use the extra ctrl button or the RTR tech, since I dont find it beneficial, perhaps with the extra ctrl button but noting else

Compared to my rubber dome keyboard, this was definitely an improvement because my old keyboard tends to not register, because many of the keys requires more force or needs to be buttom out to register.

During any fps games, like dod/cs source this keyboard is great as well. Very responsive and they Zowie claim that it gives a faster response by enabling RTR technology. Wheter or not it do so this is still an improvement. However as you want a very fine response with your movement, it can be a bit tricky because of the increasd resistance before actuation, might lose a bit there. This would be more of a personal preference. Perhaps this is why people recommend getting a keyboard with black switches. Though black switches tends to exhaust your fingers faster than of mx brown due to force requirement.

Besides from all the gaming, it really is a joy to type on it. It is a very versatile keyboard and you cant go wrong with mx brown switches if you want to start with a mechanical keyboard.

Red Logo

Blue Logo

Can anyone tell me if these keycaps on Celeritas have the same shape as the ones from a Filco Majestouch? I am thinking of getting a red escape and wasd keys for my Celeritas

[size=+2]Added some extra pictures with red escape keys[/size][/B]

[size=+2]Update of the keyboard 27-01-2011[/size][/B]

People have been having issue with the key letters including me, that they tend to get dirty more faster than of a pad printed key. These letters on the nylon keys are lasered but non coated, and therefore they get darkened by sweat/dirt. Here is a picture of how it looks like after a week of use from my part. Other people did mention they had their keys get dark as well by 4 hours of use..depending on how greasy/sweaty your fingers are...but...F.E.A.R not, by using Isopropyl 99% and a cloth, you can wipe/clean your keys so your key letters will look as good as new and if you happen to have this sort of issue and you are in Denmark, a can of Isopropyl 99% can be bought at any "Matas store". Price tag is currently 36 DKK(jan 2011) for 500ml.

A solution to this problem could be to change the keys to wasd filco keys, if these are the most used keys, however some of them may not fit as some of them may stick above the original keys. These red wasd keys are made by Filco. I believe the problem lies with the with the lenght of the stem on the back of the keys but I would say that if you do file it down to a proper lenght it will fit, however I can not tell if it will affect the stability on the key. There is a difference of about 1 mm. The "D" letter do fit however but "W" "A" "S" keys do not...

[size=+2]And here is a short video of how the keyboard sounds like when typing on the metal plate from Zowie Gear[/size][/B]

« Last Edit: Sat, 29 January 2011, 09:25:37 by dxong »

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 15:39:27 »
I'm not too sure about key caps but those wasd sets aren't all that expensive, so you might as well buy the set and report if they are the same profile. You could also take some close ups of the Zowie keys that ripster could add to the key wiki. Like this:

Picture taken from the key wiki.

Edit: Glad it has an option to turn those ugly lights on that logo off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 15:42:14 »
I think you're the first one to get this keyboard on Geehhack.

How does the MX Brown feel for you? Are you happy with them?

I actually don't like that the Led on the Keys it's shown with that line just because I prefer the Realforce way with only one circle.

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 15:44:09 »
That is one strange Enter key. Is that layout standard in Denmark or something?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline Twitchy

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 16:22:52 »
Quote from: speakeasy;274821
That is one strange Enter key. Is that layout standard in Denmark or something?
Not that strange is it? Here's the wikipedia page on keyboard layouts. How many country's have that enter key? More than you'd expect!
Stuff
Filco Majestouch FKBN88M/UKB2
Topre Realforce 91UBY
Razer Imperator + Razer Vespula[/COLOR]

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 16:35:07 »
Yeah that weird Enter is actually the ISO-style enter. Not that weird really.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 16:45:46 »
Quote from: Twitchy;274844
Not that strange is it? Here's the wikipedia page on keyboard layouts. How many country's have that enter key? More than you'd expect!

Ha, so then it's my enter key which is strange :P
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline fssbzz

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 16:48:00 »
looks pretty cool~

Offline dxong

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 16:54:32 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;274814
I'm not too sure about key caps but those wasd sets aren't all that expensive, so you might as well buy the set and report if they are the same profile. You could also take some close ups of the Zowie keys that ripster could add to the key wiki. Like this:

Show Image

Picture taken from the key wiki.

Edit: Glad it has an option to turn those ugly lights on that logo off.

Reason I need to know if they fit before I buy them is that im not too fond about paying the shipment cost which cost me more than twice as much than the items itself, If I purchase the items from keyboardco.

The light is so freaking fancy.. I just dont hate it, nor do I love it.

Offline dxong

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 17:06:17 »
Quote from: guilleguillaume;274817
I think you're the first one to get this keyboard on Geehhack.

How does the MX Brown feel for you? Are you happy with them?

I actually don't like that the Led on the Keys it's shown with that line just because I prefer the Realforce way with only one circle.

The keyboard should have been released in Denmark since 10th december, but became available since the 5th january.

As I mentioned earlier in another thread I would love to have a Filco or Leopold or even Das Keyboard, but since Zowie released their keyboard with browns and with danish Layout, the choice was obvious.

But this keyboard is great! the browns feels great, as I expected them to be! Feels light when pressing them down, yet a small force before actuation, I can feel it in my fingers....

I am overall very happy with it! Even with all the light it feels solid. Im just curious aobut the durability on the keycaps since they are made of nylon...

Offline dxong

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 17:11:13 »
Quote from: ripster;274861
If you push E, then M, do you get C twice?  

This is an Einstein Celeritas joke.

Compare your Escape key to the back row key profiles in the Key Reference Wiki.

Thanks for advice ill try and compare

Offline toast

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 17:17:48 »
I've been eying that new Leopold but this looks pretty nice too.

Where did you get it from?
Anyone know places that stock this keyboard?

Offline dxong

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 17:23:43 »
Quote from: toast;274871
I've been eying that new Leopold but this looks pretty nice too.

Where did you get it from?
Anyone know places that stock this keyboard?

I got it from a danish webstore since it went on sale with our layout!

If you look on Zowie Gear Website, you can see which countries sells their products.

Offline laden3

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 17:35:50 »
Are those nylon keys?
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline toast

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 17:38:06 »
Quote from: dxong;274876
I got it from a danish webstore since it went on sale with our layout!

If you look on Zowie Gear Website, you can see which countries sells their products.

Thanks.  All of the Canadian and the US webstores which stock Zowie don't have the keyboard listed yet.  Suppose it's just that new.  : P  Drat.

Offline dxong

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 17:39:13 »
yup they are nylon keys

Offline dxong

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 11:28:32 »
So I just received my package from Keyboardco with red escape keys and bought some extra goodies as well, a filco key puller and wasd red keys since I already payed alot for the shipment.

Here is some picture of it...

Though for some reason the wasd keys wont get in place, so they stick like a few mm  above all the other keys, they looke identical both in shape and size but ill try measure it to give a more accurate conclusion.

Made a video to see how it sounds like on the metal board from zowie.

EDIT: the pictures from this post have been moved to first post.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 January 2011, 14:03:16 by dxong »

Offline ajx

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 23:54:05 »
what u think about it?
does it feel nice in game?
i cant choose between this and a filco majestouch

a filco one has a higher cost but they both pretty built

Offline whiteweazel21

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 01:18:59 »
So out of curiosity...if you set the keyboard to 2x, opening up notepad or equivalent, and say pressed the key "a", what would happen?

Would yo just get an "a", "aa", or "aaa"?
[SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4562/rszgeekhack.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Offline whiteweazel21

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 02:58:01 »
Although I suppose that wouldn't work...depending how long you have to hold the key for the RTR to register. I wonder if it works if you just tap it?

I can see some use for 2x RTR in gaming but not if you couldn't easily toggle it on and off. I wonder if you used a third party macro program if you could toggle the RTR on/off or if they key actually has to be depressed.

From the sound clip, it the key actuations sound way more solid than any other cherry brown keyboards I've listened to, I like that.
[SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4562/rszgeekhack.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Offline Tony

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 03:23:23 »
Wow. the typing sound is very tactile and noisy for brown keyboard. I thought it was a keyboard with blue switches.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline dxong

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 12:59:52 »
Quote from: ajx;278338
what u think about it?
does it feel nice in game?
i cant choose between this and a filco majestouch

a filco one has a higher cost but they both pretty built

woah filco cost you more than a zowie celeritas? 0.o

well i guess the price range depends on your nationality, EU or US?

I have never tried a filco keyboard, so I cant say if there is any noticeable difference or even the build quality.

But I can tell you that my keyboard feels very solid and there is no irregularities between switches when you press them down.

As I mentioned earlier a few keys looks like they got misplaced when they soldered the switches on the board, but they arent noticeable when you are typing or perhaps some people wont find it a problem or notice them at all.

If the price is the same, why not go with Zowie Celeritas, you get additional features, like media keys which are worth mentioning. their RTR technology, I cant say if that is beneficial in any games since I am entirely sure it gives a faster response in fps game. I saw a video on youtube.
 Not a valid youtube URL

comparing the difference between 1x vs 8x but does not seem valid to me.

If you dont need the media keys you might as well  go for filco so you wont feel any regret not getting a filco because of its popularity and its quality.

tough decision aye?

Offline dxong

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 13:18:36 »
Quote from: whiteweazel21;278364
So out of curiosity...if you set the keyboard to 2x, opening up notepad or equivalent, and say pressed the key "a", what would happen?

Would yo just get an "a", "aa", or "aaa"?

if you have it set to 8x and hold and press down a key, you will get that key repeated 8x as fast. So if you press and hold down "a" key it will be repeated 8x as fast ("aaaaaaaa") than it would for a regular keyboard. Nothing happens if you just tap it.

Quote from: Tony;278388
Wow. the typing sound is very tactile and noisy for brown keyboard. I thought it was a keyboard with blue switches.

I guess you wont call it "light touch" when im typing or perhaps it just gives a very solid and sound tactile when you buttom out the key. Perhaps it has to do with the plate, since in my opinion the plate/keyboard feels very heavy but I cant compare it since I dont own another keyboard like a filco for comparison.

However I do know that blue switches gives a very distinct and sharp clicky sound when they actuates it certainly cant be a blue, It would be  like a rare find!
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 January 2011, 06:30:27 by dxong »

Offline dxong

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 13:34:37 »
Quote from: ripster;278480
So what do nylon keys feel like?  The only nylon hard plastic in my house (not clothlike) are these screws.
Show Image

So yea I got the red escape keys and wasd keys from filco for a comparison.

The red escape key feels smooth when your hand is dry.

With the nylon keys feels smooth as well but has a very fine roughness to it, maybe they some sort of coating?

I am not sure but when my finger got a bit sticky and sweaty I tried rubbing the escape keys and it tends to get stuck and make this rubbing sound but with the nylon keys it still feels smooth with no stucking and rubbing sound...

But again I dont know if the filco keys are made like the escape keys but this is the only comparison I can give you.

Hope this can clarify a bit how they are like.

I do have a question when it comes to cleaning on nylon keys? What should I be using, like a regular alcohol fluid?

Oh I am sorry there is no pictures :S The uploading site seems to be down...perhaps not the best site/server.

Offline dxong

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 13:48:52 »
Quote from: ripster;278609
99% Isopropyl should be fine.

Lol - in this solvent resistance chart they even list Soy Sauce.

sweet got plenty of soy sauce but I would probably be licking my keys all day

Offline ajx

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 03:29:04 »
Quote from: dxong;278578
woah filco cost you more than a zowie celeritas? 0.o

well i guess the price range depends on your nationality, EU or US?

I have never tried a filco keyboard, so I cant say if there is any noticeable difference or even the build quality.

But I can tell you that my keyboard feels very solid and there is no irregularities between switches when you press them down.

As I mentioned earlier a few keys looks like they got misplaced when they soldered the switches on the board, but they arent noticeable when you are typing or perhaps some people wont find it a problem or notice them at all.

If the price is the same, why not go with Zowie Celeritas, you get additional features, like media keys which are worth mentioning. their RTR technology, I cant say if that is beneficial in any games since I am entirely sure it gives a faster response in fps game. I saw a video on youtube.
 Not a valid youtube URL

comparing the difference between 1x vs 8x but does not seem valid to me.

If you dont need the media keys you might as well  go for filco so you wont feel any regret not getting a filco because of its popularity and its quality.

tough decision aye?

i am european and yeah Filco does cost more then Celeritas
its fully depend of exchange rates betwwen euro and sterling
as you may know, filco is only dispatched out through that great website, keyboardco
actually you may pay more due to customs duty

sump:
celeritas = 130 euros around including shipping
filco= 155 euros not including customs duty

i ve eventually ordered for a celeritas (they, keyboardco have currently out of the stock about filco or a few quantity only)

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 05:15:51 »

Offline dxong

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 06:13:56 »
Quote from: ajx;278923
i am european and yeah Filco does cost more then Celeritas
its fully depend of exchange rates betwwen euro and sterling
as you may know, filco is only dispatched out through that great website, keyboardco
actually you may pay more due to customs duty

sump:
celeritas = 130 euros around including shipping
filco= 155 euros not including customs duty

i ve eventually ordered for a celeritas (they, keyboardco have currently out of the stock about filco or a few quantity only)

And I bet you will not regret getting one :)

Offline dxong

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 06:25:30 »
Quote from: CeeSA;278934
here is a review:
http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/peripherals/zowie-celeritas/1

hilarious... he actually avoided mention the RTR tech stuff but that is understandable, because how does it make any difference/beneficial in fps games? Is there some sort of faster output into the PC when enabling it?

Anyway a personal review of the keyboard is always great.

Offline dxong

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 13:07:40 »
Quote from: ripster;278978
Ugh.  They plug OCN instead of Geekhack.

#2 in Google Image search for "Meanwhile At OCN".
Show Image

woah crushing blow

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 15:18:04 »
Quote from: dxong;278946
hilarious... he actually avoided mention the RTR tech stuff but that is understandable, because how does it make any difference/beneficial in fps games? Is there some sort of faster output into the PC when enabling it?

Anyway a personal review of the keyboard is always great.

Most of those sites always post gimmicky reviews with lack of in-depth information. I think they are just there to get free stuff and or get easy money, maybe scams to boost the ratings of a product. You know quick and dirty reviews making the product look like "Whoa".

This is what RTR does it acts like the arcade stick repeaters. The video you posted shows a difference if you pause the video. The 8x is actually slightly faster but the difference is very negligible and I could be wrong but there seems signs of engine command limitations or possibly some sort of framerate-to-command limit since the quake engine(goldsrc) utilizes framerates dependent physics and networking(just like the other quake engines).

Offline ScorpioEF

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 11:50:15 »
Hi all,

I've just bought this keyboard, overall it's a good keyboard but the key's wearing is very cheap (or it's just mine).
I have played a game about 4 hours and the result...

Offline ScorpioEF

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 12:14:54 »
Yeah I think I will change it for a Filco. A keyboard at this price shouldn't have fault like this.

But a Filco it's very hard to find in Europe...

Offline ajx

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 12:19:24 »
Quote from: ScorpioEF;279920
Yeah I think I will change it for a Filco. A keyboard at this price shouldn't have fault like this.

But a Filco it's very hard to find in Europe...

french filco is going to be dispatch out very soon
end of feb if i am correct

Offline ajx

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 12:22:22 »
Quote from: ripster;279921
A lot easier to find than in the USA.

through EK?
keyboardco is only one that can supply in Europe
fact it s aint enough according to many demands for filco mech keyboards

Offline ScorpioEF

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 12:30:54 »
I have just seen it, they say mid-february.
Hope they will have stock.

Offline dxong

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 18 January 2011, 09:29:45 »
Quote from: ScorpioEF;279905
Hi all,

I've just bought this keyboard, overall it's a good keyboard but the key's wearing is very cheap (or it's just mine).

Show Image

Tried to take a picture of a similar problem with my keyboard as well but my camera does not work well.

But Im dissapointed too, considering the price this is not acceptable at all. Now I have to keep a monthly cleaning at minimum...
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 January 2011, 09:34:39 by dxong »

Offline dxong

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 18 January 2011, 10:17:06 »
Here is a picture, not the best but a closer look...

BTW I noticed that there was a group buy to get a set of keycaps, does it include danish layout as well because I could be getting a set of those, and return this keyboard and purchase a filco or das keyboard UK version "blank" and replace them with danish layouts if possible?

Offline ajx

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 20 January 2011, 14:19:25 »
wasd are also wearing out
damn it seems to be like a new record
after less then 1 hour of gaming around
i'd ask about wasd keycaps
do filco blank or wasd keycaps be match with any other mecha keyboard such as celeritas?

Offline Newzald

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 20 January 2011, 14:32:38 »
Quote from: ScorpioEF;279905
Hi all,

Well i got my Steelseries 6GV2 a few days ago and the gaming keycaps are also faded by now, and it started on the first day... You can still see the letters properly, but you also do clearly see a big difference between the gaming caps and the rest of the keyboard. I don't mind much, as i don't tend to look at my keyboard when i type or play, but it's true that it isn't as pretty now as it was when i unpacked it.

Offline dxong

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 04:08:20 »
Quote from: Newzald;281819
Well i got my Steelseries 6GV2 a few days ago and the gaming keycaps are also faded by now, and it started on the first day... You can still see the letters properly, but you also do clearly see a big difference between the gaming caps and the rest of the keyboard. I don't mind much, as i don't tend to look at my keyboard when i type or play, but it's true that it isn't as pretty now as it was when i unpacked it.

Even with razer black widow gets dark easily. Some one posted the same issue in this forum. No big deal to me any longer… functionality is thumbs up!

Quote from: ajx;281811
do filco blank or wasd keycaps be match with any other mecha keyboard such as celeritas?

I finally come to accept the keys gets darker. Ill just eat a big fat greasy burger and smooth my greasy fingers all over the keys and you wont be able to see any difference, problem solved. One day you when you figure you wanna clean your keys, its like getting brand new keys, couldnt be more happy no?

It isnt that big of a deal to me any longer, bought a bottle of isopropyl 99% and it cleaned them off.

Still a great keyboard and nylon keys do feel smooth and soft regardless of how sweaty you fingers might become...

AJX I will try and see if I cant have my filco keys to fit into the board properly, the problem was that they stick out about 1mm higher than the rest. But I just lend my keyboard to a friend so he can test it so I cant come with an answer yet...

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 11:36:48 »
Quote from: ripster;282348
I'm not sure how this Lasered Keys>Pad Printed Internet Myth got started.

Old-school pad-printing vs. lasered on beige keyboards.  This myth has been pretty much over since black, lasered key caps (with infill) came on the market and printing processes like those of the Filco caps and decals like MS and Logitech.

woody

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 17:07:56 »
I have this VAIO laptop which suffered heavy duty shifts under my hands for about 6 years. The keys are shiny, but the legends are not damaged at all ... I think. I gotta check and take some pictures someday. I think they were decals.
The beast, it's still working.

Offline ajx

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 21:14:22 »
Quote from: dxong;282173
Even with razer black widow gets dark easily. Some one posted the same issue in this forum. No big deal to me any longer… functionality is thumbs up!

I finally come to accept the keys gets darker. Ill just eat a big fat greasy burger and smooth my greasy fingers all over the keys and you wont be able to see any difference, problem solved. One day you when you figure you wanna clean your keys, its like getting brand new keys, couldnt be more happy no?

It isnt that big of a deal to me any longer, bought a bottle of isopropyl 99% and it cleaned them off.

Still a great keyboard and nylon keys do feel smooth and soft regardless of how sweaty you fingers might become...

AJX I will try and see if I cant have my filco keys to fit into the board properly, the problem was that they stick out about 1mm higher than the rest. But I just lend my keyboard to a friend so he can test it so I cant come with an answer yet...

i might accept letter's keys wear out but i barely understand that happened after 1 hour
i wont regret despite of cost
it isnt' like i bought a cheap keyboard around 20€
high price must requires high quality and this mistake has proven zowie is still new beginnner in keyboard's market
however it feels awesome for typing, a little bit less for gaming especially fps
next mechanical keyboard gonna be a filco blank

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 22 January 2011, 10:22:52 »
My old 6G has even crapier quality on some keys... Still this might be a decent alternative for Filco if you want to save a few bucks, specialy if you are after nordic-layouts...
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline msiegel

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 22 January 2011, 13:54:15 »
and one heck of a tenkeyless mod

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline bifi85

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 23 January 2011, 07:55:31 »
The Zowie Celeritas is not allowed in korean e-sport events. So the advertisement from korean e-sport-stars for this product is... you know.

Offline dxong

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 23 January 2011, 08:07:10 »
Quote from: bifi85;283247
The Zowie Celeritas is not allowed in korean e-sport events. So the advertisement from korean e-sport-stars for this product is... you know.

I take that any advertisement like this does not attract customers while the product itself does, if you have a slight interest in keyboard. Only downside is the non coating on the keys.

I am not a huge gamer myself, so im not well informed with the esport, but how is it a keyboard is banned from any korean e-sports scenes? 0.o
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 January 2011, 08:09:17 by dxong »

Offline dxong

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 27 January 2011, 08:59:25 »
Quote from: ajx;281811

Here is an answer to your question:

Overall look on it

Difference in high...

the shape and the size of the keys of the filco red wasd keys do look the same like the ones on the Celeritas. I think the fitting hole inside the key is a bit too long but I would say if I file it down they will probably fit.

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 27 January 2011, 09:04:12 »
This seems to happen on all modern lasered keys. It happened on my Leopold too, just not as bad as shown in the OP's picture. Razer Black Widow too.
Some other people use the very same keyboards for months without issues, while mine do show that type of wear. I believe it has to do with your sweat. Some people are lucky, some not so much.

Now you know why the Ducky and Cherry boards already ship with dirty looking keys. Nice trick.