Author Topic: majestouch vs majestouch 2 ?  (Read 17714 times)

Offline brkim1324

majestouch vs majestouch 2 ?
« on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 17:21:08 »
Can anybody compare the major difference between

filco majestouch blue/brown
vs
filco majestouch 2 blue/brown?

I understand how they r made little bit differently, like majestouch 2 is made dual layered.
And they say majestouch 2 has more high pitched sound...

Has anybody ever used both? :P

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 17:36:45 »
hmm.. I am going to Korea for the summer, so if I am gonna buy majestouch 2 browns, I am waiting to buy there. It's just more expensive and hard to get in US :( sadly.. I actually am using das keyboard blue right now, and will exchange to majestouch tenkyeless blue otaku version (which I always wanted to have :) ). Although I might buy brown majestouch 2 in Korea, otaku version of blue switches is kinda hard to get even in Korea, so I might as well just keep it :P

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 17:37:35 »
I have a majestouch2 red and a majestouch1 blue and I cannot feel or see any differance besides the darker filco logo.
Topre - 86U   |   Filco - Tenkeyless Linear Red
Filco - Tenkeyless Blue       |   Filco - Fullsize Non NKRO Blue (Work)

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 17:40:31 »
oh and 1 more question. Does they lettering of filco/leopold wear off easily? I heard some ppl say leopold does... my hands are little sweaty and don't want the lettering to wear off.. especially on expensive mechanical keyboard. Talking about my hand sweat, my previous rubber dome keyboards actually didn't lose any letters but more like dimmed. They are about 2 years old. In that aspect, do you think majestouch 2 letters will wear off?

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 17:41:43 »
lpb45// hmm... so there's not a major difference? besides, how does the red feel? I've been hearing lots of good praises from red users.

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 17:44:50 »
Majestouch "1" boards have had dimmer LEDs and 2-sided FR4 since this time last year. The only change I can see in the "2" series boards are a new box and electric blue solder mask...the viewing of which will void your warranty.

Anyone telling you they can feel a difference from v1 to v2 is either perceiving very subtle variations that occur board to board (yes, even in mass manufacturing) or they have smelly mud coming out of their ears.

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 17:54:23 »
Quote from: brkim1324;333680
lpb45// hmm... so there's not a major difference? besides, how does the red feel? I've been hearing lots of good praises from red users.

I like the reds, I think the reason everyone is so in love with them lately is because they were very rare in the US and all of a sudden they were available and now they are gone again lol.  I would say they are a toss up with topre for my favorite switch.

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 17:55:39 »
Quote from: elitekeyboards;333682
Majestouch "1" boards have had dimmer LEDs and 2-sided FR4 since this time last year. The only change I can see in the "2" series boards are a new box and electric blue solder mask...the viewing of which will void your warranty.

Anyone telling you they can feel a difference from v1 to v2 is either perceiving very subtle variations that occur board to board (yes, even in mass manufacturing) or they have smelly mud coming out of their ears.

Are you dropping the majestouch name or something?

Offline Engine

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 18:55:45 »
I inquired of this from Bruce at "The Keyboard Company"(http://www.keyboardco.com/index.asp) in an email and here is what he said:
Majestouch 2 is the newer version which has an uprated PCB, It is a more resiliant material which is better suited to use in keyboards as a keyboard PCB needs to handle the extra physical stresses of being typed on. The solder pads go right through the holes for instance. Also it is more heat resistant allowing for better intitial soldering. There is little difference in feel and performance really although longevity and reliability should improve and most people think it has a slightly softer, more tactile feel. I don't 'know' but I think all models will move to this over time.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 April 2011, 22:27:27 by Engine »
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline calavera

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 20:26:55 »
Well, Filco's are plate mounted, I don't see how PCB's would need to "handle the extra physical stress" unless I'm missing something here?

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 20:28:33 »
are all majestouch 2 with just that gray filco sign? and not the gold ones like the majestouch 1?

because the red switch one is like that and says nkro on amazon

Offline minhtri

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 April 2011, 05:41:27 »

Offline RAICHU

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 17:55:10 »
Here's a video comparing majestouch 1 (above) and 2 (below) Fullsize browns:

Rosewill RK-9000RE (Daily Driver) Filco Majestouch 1 Fullsize    [strike]Noppoo Choc Mini[/strike]     [strike]Leopold Tenkeyless[/strike]     [strike]Noppoo Choc Mini[/strike] [/B]

Offline Forin

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 17:36:25 »
are cases interchangeable?
Ducky DK1087 MX Brown, Filco MJ1 Tenkeyless MX Blue, CM Storm MX Blue

Offline spolia optima

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 20:30:26 »
My totally unscientific guess which has nothing to do with raw materials and everything to do with my own subjective opinion of the two items:

The Majestouch 2 is around $20 better than the original Majestouch. You're welcome.
keyboards!