Author Topic: Filco "Ninja" only choice  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Zensuji

Filco "Ninja" only choice
« on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 11:33:55 »
Hey guys,

A little out of the loop. I'm after a filco tenkeyless with browns and thought it may be worth waiting on the majestouch 2.

However even though I'm UK born and bred I dont want the UK layout I want US.

Is my only choice the ninja which keyboardco are getting at the end of this month?

I'm tempted by the reds but after half an hour using my friends for gaming I dont feel they are worth it over the browns and fear I may get a bit board of them during typing after the novelty curve goes back down to earth :D

Actually after a while during gaming I noticed very little difference....maybe its me or maybe I need more time on them.

Anyway....any help would be great.

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 02:26:25 »
Ninja coming to US is great.
Personally I prefer blank keys, but had problem when typing special letters or numbers. I do get used to it, but it does come to a problem when typing credit card numbers or so.
Ninja is the solution of them all I think. I might even purchase one even if I already own the same switch...
Red is not so boring when you actually do gaming or typing. There are some others who said Red is like typing on the cloud of boobies... XD
I cannot disagree on that lol. But red actually doesn't make your fingers tired for a long time, nor have trouble when gaming.
Brown is a good choice too. Then it just comes down to personal preference.
But I bet you could feel bored if this could be like your first mechanical keyboard and you didn't try other switches.
Then I personally recommend blues if you don't wanna ever get bored just typing all day.
Personally, I think Blue and Red are very good choices.

Offline Zensuji

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 02:49:09 »
Quote from: brkim1324;341413
Ninja coming to US is great.
Personally I prefer blank keys, but had problem when typing special letters or numbers. I do get used to it, but it does come to a problem when typing credit card numbers or so.
Ninja is the solution of them all I think. I might even purchase one even if I already own the same switch...
Red is not so boring when you actually do gaming or typing. There are some others who said Red is like typing on the cloud of boobies... XD
I cannot disagree on that lol. But red actually doesn't make your fingers tired for a long time, nor have trouble when gaming.
Brown is a good choice too. Then it just comes down to personal preference.
But I bet you could feel bored if this could be like your first mechanical keyboard and you didn't try other switches.
Then I personally recommend blues if you don't wanna ever get bored just typing all day.
Personally, I think Blue and Red are very good choices.

I'm mostly going to be doing gaming. I have spent a little more time with the reds since posting. I do like them its just they're not much difference to the browns. And when I can grab the browns for £108 shipped and the reds for £156 I'd quite like to want the reds more.......and I dont really. Part of me wants them because they are new and hyped but if I stripe that away I think they are probably on par with the browns. Oh and I've tried blues and dont like while gaming....just didnt feel right.

I'm very much leaning towards a ninja with browns.

There is no ninja with reds is there?

Also why are the reds limited? Seems everyone is liking them at the moment.

Thanks for your time

Offline pitashen

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 02:51:13 »
Ninja keys FTW.  "HIYAAA!!!"

brown is a safe and good choice. You won't regret.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline Zensuji

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 02:59:24 »
I'll go for a ninja with brown. Thanks guys,

Contacted keyboard co and they are saying 2-3 weeks :D

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 03:00:42 »
I'm mostly going to be doing gaming. I have spent a little more time with the reds since posting. I do like them its just they're not much difference to the browns. And when I can grab the browns for £108 shipped and the reds for £156 I'd quite like to want the reds more.......and I dont really. Part of me wants them because they are new and hyped but if I stripe that away I think they are probably on par with the browns. Oh and I've tried blues and dont like while gaming....just didnt feel right.

I'm very much leaning towards a ninja with browns.

There is no ninja with reds is there?

Also why are the reds limited? Seems everyone is liking them at the moment.

Thanks for your time

Reds are not limited. They are just limited in US.. or UK I guess.
Reds are quite easy to get in Asia. Well I guess it's obvious since these keyboards are made from Asia.
I think it's because of the how they are sold. Blues and browns are the most common and the first switches to be available for mechanical keyboards.
So they bring them in, and they are sold. So they keep bringing the same ones in instead of new products. Reds are quite new, so people are not familiar with. So they don't bring them much as blue/browns.
Brown ninjas look awesome. They should be very well built.
You won't go wrong with any of the switches anyway. Well maybe except blue since you already said you didn't like it.

Offline calavera

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 03:03:04 »
Well, I for one think the red switches are hyped too much and people are jumping on the red switch bandwagon. Don't get me wrong, I've been using modded black switches (essentially the same as red switches) for a few years after having tried all the other switches. I love them to death but it's not for everyone and may be you're one of them. Think hard as to why you really want the red switch in the first place. Is it because you absolutely love it or is it because everyone and their mom's getting them? If it's the latter, just stick with browns.

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 03:05:11 »
The best solution for you is...
get both...! XD

P.S. that worked out for me..

Offline Zensuji

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 03:10:34 »
Quote from: calavera;341430
Well, I for one think the red switches are hyped too much and people are jumping on the red switch bandwagon. Don't get me wrong, I've been using modded black switches (essentially the same as red switches) for a few years after having tried all the other switches. I love them to death but it's not for everyone and may be you're one of them. Think hard as to why you really want the red switch in the first place. Is it because you absolutely love it or is it because everyone and their mom's getting them? If it's the latter, just stick with browns.

Yeah that's how I feel. If I was going to own a few boards I'd pick one up but even though I've used all the basic cherry switches I just want one board. I've never wanted the tactile bit to not be there while gaming.....if anything I feel I'd miss it and as I said I'm choosing regardless of price....if I take price in to consideration (which I should TBH) the price difference is pretty big. My eye just keeps going back to reds due to hype, and its easy to get swept up. There being no ninja with reds makes the choice even easier.

Offline gilgam

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 04:37:29 »
Ghetto red (black stem and blue spring) are very light, and you have to get used at them...
But it's a pleasure to type on, i still bottom out a lot.
Realforce 105 FR, HHKB Pro 2 black, 1 Raptor K1 Black Cherry and 1 Raptor K1 Red Cherry , Compag MX 11800  tBrown Cherry, G80-3000 Clear Cherry , G80-1000 Blue Cherry / Ghetto red, Lexmark 1992 SSK Buckling spring, Unicomp 2011 Customizer 102 Buckling spring
and a few rubber dome/scissors keyboards from Apple/Logitech