Author Topic: Sourcing key stabilizers  (Read 2403 times)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Sourcing key stabilizers
« on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 11:33:10 »
So I've been digging all morning and haven't found a complete set of stabilizers that would fit Filco/Ducky/... keycaps.  I'm looking for PCB mounted and would prefer Costar style but at this point I'm willing to go with just about anything.  I found a source for Cherry corp stabilizers for the small keys, but apparently they don't make a 100mm width stabilizer for the spacebar.  Haven't found squat in regards to Costar.

Any help?  (and yes I've searched GH 10 ways from Sunday, even found crap on OCN, DT and some other places I never heard of before).

Thanks!
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline BucklingSpring

Sourcing key stabilizers
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 11:35:07 »
Let me know if you find something. I'd love to upgrade my XArmor stabilizers with something half decent.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

Sourcing key stabilizers
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 12:25:08 »
Quote from: ripster;361207
Kinda ghetto but maybe you could bend your own spacebar wire and use the Cherry Corp G99s.

I used some bailing wire to fix my Apple M0110 wire stabilizer.  See link in my sig.

The "wire" is only one part. As far as the XArmor is concerned, I also need better inserts for the keys and better clips to fix the "wire" to the board.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Sourcing key stabilizers
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 13:07:22 »
If Cherry stabilizers will do....

Mouser has the 8 unit spacebar stabilizer for PCB mount at $.96 a piece.  I'd rather they carry the small key size so there would be fewer wires to cut/bend if I were to buy all the same size and modify them.

Jameco has the small size for $.85 ea multiples of 5 only (hey, 5 stabilized keys on a tenkeyless) $10 min order, 4wk lead time.

onlinecomponents.com has the small size for $.58 ea, 1x8 for $1.43ea,  $15 min order.  No lead time (for now).
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline cromartie

Sourcing key stabilizers
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 14:53:17 »
Alaricljs you wouldnt happen to have the links would you? Or at least the part number? I can't seem to find them on mouser

Thanks!

Offline cromartie

Sourcing key stabilizers
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 16:19:25 »
Ah cool found it. Never noticed it there. Thanks =)

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Sourcing key stabilizers
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 June 2011, 08:17:55 »
Someone was under the impression that only the Swedish site brought up those part numbers.  It was a temporary update glitch.  They posted about it somewhere, but you know all about the search function.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT